Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

This is the last season of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Welcome back Hornets!!!

The Charlotte Hornets Are Coming Back

Today's the day: after a decade of existence as the Bobcats, the franchise will officially receive league approval to change its name, and bring the Charlotte Hornets back to the NBA in 2014.

Charlotte will need a majority of teams to sign off on the name change at tonight's NBA Board of Governors' meeting, but with zero resistance around the league, approval is expected to be unanimous. Both David Stern and incoming commissioner Adam Silver have repeatedly said they support it.

And Charlotte is ready to celebrate! The Bobcats are hosting an event for fans timed to coincide with the BOG vote, featuring giveaways, appearances by Muggsy Bogues, Rex Chapman, Dell Curry, Kendall Gill and Kelly Tripucka, and a Michael Jackson cover band. (They spared no expense.)
    Related

The Bobcats came into existence in 2004, two years after the Hornets moved to New Orleans. It was rumored, but never confirmed, that former owner Bob Johnson named the team after himself, and fans were never thrilled with the nickname, or the orange-and-blue color scheme, or the year after year of terrible basketball. While that last one will be harder to fix, there's been a grassroots movement to regain the Hornets name, and with New Orleans becoming the Pelicans, the door was open.

"Let's bring the buzz back, and bring that energy back on the basketball court and make this city proud again," owner Michael Jordan said when he submitted the name change application back in May.

The name change will not go into effect until the 2014-15 season, to give the team time to design new uniforms and logos, and print all that new merchandise. It's not known whether Charlotte will return to the teal-and-purple color scheme of the original team, but it's probably a safe bet. It's also likely that Charlotte and New Orleans will "share" the history of those original Hornets.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Gotta find my baron Davis jersey

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Gotta find my baron Davis jersey

Baron left his on Saturn.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

bluehorse shoe do u live in charlotte?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

what is crazy is that a single piece of Bobcats merchandise will be sold this year... how fukkinn long does it take to design a uniform?

just use the old hornets shit... lmfao

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    bluehorse shoe do u live in charlotte?
    I wish.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I wish.
    i used to live there man trust me its a shithole... no jobs, its ghetto as fukk uptown, humidity nearly 100% everyday... and not a sports town at all.

A bunch of fukkin yankees starting moving down from new york and all the southern hospitality is gone..

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

i used to live there man trust me its a shithole... no jobs, its ghetto as fukk uptown, humidity nearly 100% everyday... and not a sports town at all.

A bunch of fukkin yankees starting moving down from new york and all the southern hospitality is gone..
    sounds worse than i imagined it

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Fukkin yankees?

If thats the case "southern hospitality" is redneck trash?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Muggsy Bogues, Mourning and Larry Johnson are still not coming back. Jordan will still be in control of too many decisions.

The jerseys will be nice though.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

if im jordan, i'd give anything for jerry west to come be my gm. and move to alaska so i dont meddle in his decisions.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Gonna be the Hornets for one year before they become the Seattle Supersonics

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    if im jordan, i'd give anything for jerry west to come be my gm. and move to alaska so i dont meddle in his decisions.
    He did the exact opposite. He promoted his brother, son & daughter within the organization. No joke

Chuck Beezy
    Release da hounds!!!
    Chuck Beezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

still suck.

Even their fans know this org is in chaos with MJ.