TheIceman
    TheIceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need Advice

I want to place 2000 $ on 3 teams parlay and need your advice ...

So I picked Memphis @ Denver Denver Nuggets Money Line

San Antonio @ Boston San Antonio Spurs Money Line

Charlotte @ Toronto Toronto Raptors Money Line

Do you think it's decent pick or should I replace

one of the teams with Lakers or Utah Jazz ?

Would lay down 2000 $ to win around 1300 $ .

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Toronto is solidly the best pick out of all 3, although the other 2 wouldn't be bad.

Charlotte's back to back blowout wins over weak Atlanta, which came apart at the seams in that series, sets them up badly for a capable and rising team like Toronto. Toronto has good young players and is trying to define themselves as a contender, which is a kind of team I always look to play on. They remind me a little of the Bulls a couple of years ago, when the Bulls had at the time been bad for years but had acquired all the young guys who are doing so well for them now, and were just starting to put things together. Teams like that tend to be systemically undervalued for a time, as Toronto certainly seems to have been this year (26-15 ATS, including 13-5 at home, and in January so far, 8-2 ATS including 5-1 at home). Toronto might not cover the big number tonight, but an outright loss is unlikely.

The other two picks are good, but there are a few more unknowns involved that would make me shy away slightly if I wanted to use them in a parlay. Minnesota has been winning recently, and who knows what the effect of the Garnett/Davis suspensions will have. Utah is a tough team obviously, but the suspensions do introduce a significant and unique factor, the impact of which is a bit hard to gauge.

The Laker game is similar to the Minnesota game. Obviously, the straight-up road/home records of the teams (4-14 for GS, 18-4 for LA) imply that LA should be an overwhelming favorite to get a straight-up win, but with Baron Davis coming back from a suspension and all the roster changes at GS, I'd feel more comfortable sticking with Toronto if I had to choose.
    Last edited by The HG; 01-22-07 at 01:05 PM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I too like Torono the best of your three. Your other two should win, BUT:

1 - Are there enough shots for both AI and Carmello, and will the latter's return actually have a negative effect on team chemsitry, and

2 - Anything can happen with road favorites (Spurs), so I'd generally recommend sticking with home chalks in ML parlays like this.

Good Luck to You

TheIceman

I have no doubt in Denver , isnt Anthony coming back today too ?

But do you really want to tell me I have to switch Spurs for Lakers or Utah , I think Spurs would be better pick . Lakers lost to New Orleans but think will probably win home today ... I would pick Lakers but something tells me it isnt all that safe vs Warriors with Harrington , Jackson and Davis is back too .

TheIceman

Looks good unless Denver drops 13 points lead they have right now , Spurs game got close tho .

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIceman
    Looks good unless Denver drops 13 points lead they have right now , Spurs game got close tho .
    It's the NBA so anything can happen, but he is looking good.

TheIceman

Won 1310 $

P.S

I almost got heart attack because of Nets vs Kings game

3rd quarter Nets outscored Kings by like 22 before Kings started making 3p's . Win for Kings by 1 point , never again I will bet anything on them the way they play this season .
    Last edited by TheIceman; 01-23-07 at 01:41 AM.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Won 1310 $

P.S

I almost got heart because of Nets vs Kings game

3rd quarter Nets outscored Kings by like 22 before Kings started making 3p's . Win for Kings by 1 point , never again I will bet anything on them the way they play this season .
    why did you take the kings, you didn't consider them at first but every other team you mentioned won, LA still in progress plus the nets are much better than kings.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Won 1310 $

P.S

I almost got heart because of Nets vs Kings game

Nice going bud.

AC1318

what would a 5 or 4 team have payed?

TheIceman

I took Toronto , Denver and Spurs for 2000 $ parlay but I had Kings in all another parlay which was a 14 plays parlay , 7 U/O and 7 points spreads , 12 right , 2 wrong , both wrong ones from Orlando vs Cleveland game , fk Orlando , I had 10 $ on this parlay all plays were - 110 would pay 85365 $ , sigh this would be tight .

Lakers game was very close , Harrington played very well his second game as Warrior .

AC1318

I took Toronto , Denver and Spurs for 2000 $ parlay but I had Kings in all another parlay which was a 14 plays parlay , 7 U/O and 7 points spreads , 12 right , 2 wrong , both wrong ones from Orlando vs Cleveland game , fk Orlando , I had 10 $ on this parlay all plays were - 110 would pay 85365 $ , sigh this would be tight .

Lakers game was very close , Harrington played very well his second game as Warrior .
    85k would be sweet