vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Kobe Bryant says he’s not taking a pay cut in 2014

Then good luck trying to win the title by yourself.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/10/la...y-cut-in-2014/
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz, and Menses

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol.. this is EXACTLY why he is NOT one of the All-Time greats..

it's all ME.

team.. what team?

he insists that he will stay around another three years to tie Jordan.. HOW?

when there is no money/touches for anybody else..?

hilarious.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Is anyone surprised? I said as much a few days ago......I looked at the free agent list of 2014 and 15....there are only 3 or 4 established superstars in those respective years...Melo, Bron, Love, maybe Rondo......2 of them might be willing to take a pay cut....My guess is Melo and Rondo.....if they want a ring bad enough but Kobe in all likelyhood would have to also take a cut.....and low and behold....he flat out refuses to and its not even 2014 yet......and then there are the tier 2 stars..like Lilard, George, etc all of which will require major pay days.....If Kobe loves his team and wants the best for them...he will have to take a cut just to land some of these guys...but does he care? Doesn't look like it....How can Nash and Pau sit by idly and listen to this idiot year and year and not speak up...at least Pau does sometimes...but Nash had the nerve to tell Mason and Ireland that it was all Dwight and his refusal to pick n roll that ruined the team.....when he knows damn well who is ruining the team....Christ, Kobe had the ball in his hands more than Nash did....Nash is too soft so say anything about it....only Dwight had the balls to tell Kobe what time it was...

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Compared to Dirk Nowitzki

"At this point of my career, it's all about competing and winning," Nowitzki said Thursday after an event to promote AT&T's "It Can Wait" program, which urges people not to text and drive. "It's not about money. Obviously, Cuban took care of me for a long, long time. I always tried to pay him back by hard playing and being here for this franchise, so I don't think we're going to fight over money. I want to compete over these last couple of years. That's going to be the goal."
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...e-huge-pay-cut

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmm, it will be interesting to see which free agent ends up where next season
    will people want to team up with kobe in LA or dirk in dallas???
    shit, maybe dirk will join kobe in LA or lebron in miami ..........

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I always want to respect this guy but he always goes and says or does something so stupid.

First his whole thing was about how he's got '3 more years' left in him where he seriously believed he could win another title before he retires. So he was willing to play through THREE MORE years after coming off a major injury, but now he ANNOUNCES he won't take a paycut? What a fkn joke.

A guy like him should be willing to play for 3mill/year if it means a good shot at another ring. Money is meaningless to him at this point relative to what a 6th ring would mean to his legacy, but his ego is just too big.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8896

RealGM @RealGM Report: Dwight Howard's Camp Asked Lakers If They Would Consider Amnestying Kobe Bryant -- http://bit.ly/18OM8ii

110 Retweets 17 favorites