SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Larry Ness: Back Blazers -5½ vs Bucks

Back Blazers -5½ vs Bucks

Game Time: 1/21/2007 9:00:00 PM
    By: Larry Ness
    http://www.10starpicks.com

Lay the points and play the Portland Trail Blazers at home tonight versus the Milwaukee Bucks.

If it weren't for Portland's abysmal 1-7 straight up and against the spread record as a favorite, I'd love the Blazers in this spot. However, that's a pretty scary stat. Still, I'm making a small play on the Blazers here vs the reeling Milwaukee Bucks.

The Bucks are 1-4 without Michael Redd and Mo Williams, and the team's slide started before their injuries as Milwaukee is 1-7 overall and 2-6 versus the numbers so far in 2007. Forward Charlie Villanueva also remains out and Bobby Simmons hasn't played all season. That means Milwaukee is playing without four starters. No wonder the team lost 99-72 in Seattle Friday night!

As for the Blazers, Jarrett Jack (12.4-5.6 APG) returned in Portland's 106-101 loss on Friday night to the Suns, and along with sensational rookie Brandon Roy (14.1), Jack gives Portland an excellent guard duo. Forward Zach Randolph (23.8-10.2) continues his All-Star quality play and, against this banged-up Milwaukee team, the Blazers should be able to win by the margin.

The Blazers forced OT in Milwaukee back on Dec 6, before losing by eight and that was when both Redd (33 points) and Williams (20) were still around. Lay the points with Portland.

Play: Trail Blazers -5½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Bucks in this game Mr.Ness

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I'm with you Dan. The game is a pk for me so I'm taking the points.