Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 Finals MVPs (1 deserved)
    1 League MVP

and sought after Free Agents taking far less money NOT to play with a player:

IS NOT 'All-Time' greatness.

Kobe is washed-up, has been for a couple of years.. anybody can volume score if his team backs down
    and he takes all the shots.

Lakers needed game after game after game, of 20+ FTs to squeak out 2-pt. victories to squeak into the playoffs
    on the very last day.

That $100M team is a joke. They will be a joke the year after that, and the year after that.

only after Kobe has been gone for 3 yrs. will new buds begin to grow.

Kobe wil never play in another playoff game, and will suck the Lakers dry for every penny he can

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Menses, I would say u r more clueless than Rat boy but since you are Rat boy it's all the same. Dwight Howard shoots a better % than Lebron for the same reason LeBron shoots a better % than Kobe. Because Howard shoots lay-UP's & dunks. LeBron gets to the rim better than anybody in the league & routinely is @ the top of the league in lay-UP's & dunks. Teams lay off LeBron & challenge him to beat him w/ the jumper. No team in the history of the league has ever or will ever do that to Kobe. On the other hand Kobe relies on long distance shots while usually being guarded closely & double teamed.

Do you even understand this concept?? Is DeAndre Jordan the best player in the league?? I mean he shoots the best % so he must be the best player....according to your theory?? Do you even realize that for the last 10 yrs in the league Kobe has routinely been in the top 3 in fg% for shooting guards?? Do you realize has has routinely been in the top 3 in assist for shooting guards?? Do you realize he has routinely been in the top 3 in rebounds for shooting guards?? Do you realize these FACTS??

No you don't, that is because you r clueless to how the game really works & are simply in a jealous rage because Kobe & the Lakers have broke your heart & bitched you for the last 15 yrs. You say retarded stuff as if you're going to convince others that Kobe doesn't even belong in the league & discredit his accomplishments. Keep trying because all you're doing is embarrassing yourself & proving your stupidity & cluelessness. Do you realize that even the Laker haters laugh @ you for being so clueless??
    Tell us all again how Derek Fisher got robbed out of the Finals MVP by Kobe
    Hey hey no need for name calling and all that.....nobody here is clueless just because they do not have the same opinion as someone else......I did not realize you were a Kobe and Laker fan....Laker/Kobe fans do not take kindly to his criticism...I get it....but you have to come across on this issue sooner or later.....Lebron is indeed a more efficient player...because of his IQ...he does not need to shoot 30 times a game to score...because volume scoring isn't his game...volume scoring is the result of a lack of discipline.....and that is KOBE's problem..It has always been his problem and that is why I do not consider him to be better than Jordan or Lebron... When you are a volume scorer, the team tends to suffer....sometimes Kobe can bail them out...sometimes he bails himself out...but these are the things that drove Phil crazy...it drove Del Harris crazy...it drove Rambis crazy....these guys are coaches...and tried to teach Kobe that time and time again but it fell on deaf ears....I'll take a coaches opinion over yours....
    Last edited by Menses; 07-13-13 at 02:38 PM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    1 League MVP

Kobe is washed-up, has been for a couple of years.. anybody can volume score if his team backs down

Lakers needed game after game after game, of 20+ FTs to squeak out 2-pt. victories to squeak into the playoffs
    on the very last day.

That $100M team is a joke. They will be a joke the year after that, and the year after that.

Kobe wil never play in another playoff game, and will suck the Lakers dry for every penny he can
    LOL.....Well I would not go as far as to say Kobe is washed up...Kobe can play till 40 if he wants...he has the conditioning and the acumen and his skills are pretty much where they have always been...but Kobe's problem is that he is still trying to play HERO ball one on 5 basketball and he is 35 years old...and that folks is a serious problem...especially when had a DWIGHT HOWARD in the post...and you may have a CARMELO ANTHONY next year....it will be very interesting to see what happens when they bring in a Klay thompson or Melo or someone else.....and Kobe continues to toss it up 25 times a night....that folks again...is going to be a major problem....for this Laker team...
    Last edited by Menses; 07-13-13 at 03:18 PM.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Hey hey no need for name calling and all that.....nobody here is clueless just because they do not have the same opinion as someone else......I did not realize you were a Kobe and Laker fan....Laker/Kobe fans do not take kindly to his criticism...I get it....but you have to come across on this issue sooner or later.....Lebron is indeed a more efficient player...because of his IQ...he does not need to shoot 30 times a game to score...because volume scoring isn't his game...volume scoring is the result of a lack of discipline.....and that is KOBE's problem..It has always been his problem and that is why I do not consider him to be better than Jordan or Lebron... When you are a volume scorer, the team tends to suffer....sometimes Kobe can bail them out...sometimes he bails himself out...but these are the things that drove Phil crazy...it drove Del Harris crazy...it drove Rambis crazy....these guys are coaches...and tried to teach Kobe that time and time again but it fell on deaf ears....I'll take a coaches opinion over yours....
    Kobe Bryant is far from my favorite player. I am simply pointing out the ignorance of people like Rat boy (you) when they make retarded claims

Realize what?? Where did u ever see me claim Kobe was better that Jordan or LeBron. You were claiming that LeBron was better than Kobe because he shoots 50% & Kobe doesn't. If you have to be explained the reason for this well, let's just say u don't belong here if so.
    Again though, instead of comparing a shooting guard to a power forward or center that gets his shots @ the rim lets compare a shooting guard to other shooting guards??

Do you realize that for the last 10 yrs Kobe has routinely been in the top 3 in fg% for all shooting guards?? Do you realize that Jared dudley & Dwayne Wade were the only two shooting guards in the league that shot for a higher % from the shooting guard position (qualifying). Why dont you relay that FACT to your lap dog Rat boy who seems to want to overlook facts out of pure jealousy. I am pretty sure there isn't a coach in the league that wouldn't give the green light to any shooting guard that shot a % that high. For you & your lap dog Rat boy not to understand this, well, that makes you pretty much clueless.

upscope

1 League MVP
    If you want to know why you are the board laughingstock lets start with this.
    You say Kobe has 2 Finals MVPs but only one was deserved. Would you care to elaborate or even attempt to explain (with facts) who exactly "deserved" it.
    I'll let you buy yourself here & show your ignorance. Go for it, let's hear it. Tell us who "deserved" it & support your claim with facts. And lets see if one single person outside of Menses (who everybody knows is you anyhow) agrees with you.
    Go ahead & bury yourself. GL~

Are you referring to Dwight Howard?? I've asked you repeatedly to stop embarrassing your math skills for all to see. Dwight signed a 4 yr deal instead of 5 & he pays no state income tax. If you factor in the 5th yr & CA state income tax he actually took a 2M paycut not a 30M. Do you understand this basic mathematics concept or do you just continue to make embarrassing incorrect claims to fit your agenda & make your case sound better??

1 League MVP

WOW, I mean just WOW!!! You think greatness is determined by an overrated coach killing cancer taking 2m more to not play second fiddle
    If you had any clue, you would realize that it is actually determined by success, which happens to be 5 championship rings & a list of accomplishments that is topped by only a handful of other players throughout history. There isn't an informed basketball mind in the world that wouldn't agree that Kobe is no doubt one of the greatest of all-time....not one. And if they did, it certainly wouldn't be because of Dwight Howard playing elsewhere.

Kobe is washed UP yet he goes out & puts UP a deserving all-NBA 1st team season
    What exactly does that say about every other player in the league outside of the other 4 all NBA 1st teamers?? Is everybody, besides LeBron, Paul, Durant & Duncan washed UP??

on the very last day.
    Another example of proof that shows you have no idea how basketball works. If you did you would understand that any team that posses Kobe Bryant & Dwight Howard along w/ another 7-footer will shoot a ton of free throws. Do you even realize teams foul Dwight on purpose two seconds into the shot clock just to put his horrible ft shooting into play?? To prove you a fool, let's see if you scream foul everytime the Rockets routinely shoot a boatload of free-throws with Dwight & Harden. Seriously, LEARN THE GAME SON.

Every dynasty eventually becomes a joke & gets passed by. In the meantime if I told you your favorite team (heat & thunder coincidentally <----) will win 5 championships over the next 13 years but will then be passed UP "& become a joke" would you take that or would you discredit the 5 championships?? I think everybody knows the answer to that. Guess Laker fan will just have to settle for five of the last 13 championships. It sucks, I know, Laker fans have grown to expect more. Apparently, so have the Laker haters.

Do you realize the Lakers r one of the top 5 richest sport franchises in the history of sports?? Do you realize how big their new cable contract is?? Do you realize how much $$ Kobe Bryant makes for the Lakers?? Do you honestly think a max contract will effect the Lakers bottom line?? Players like Kobe Bryant are a once in a generation. If you had any clue whatsoever how much $$ Kobe Bryant brings in for the Lakers then you would realize the reason why they don't "amnesty" him as you suggest they should. Why they don't "begin to grow" as you suggest they should. Why they don't "bench him" as you suggest they should.

Basically the above post by yourself proves how clueless you are & reaffirms (as if it was even needed) the reason why you & your alter ego Menses are the laughingstock of SBR. Simply put you don't understand basketball & how or why it works the way it does. All you understand is Kobe & the Lakers have crushed your soul for the last 15+ yrs & you finally see the light @ the end of the tunnel & you r going off your rocker in sheer excitement @ the fact that you don't have to see banners raised by Kobe & Lakerland for a while. Enjoy it, but for goodness sakes please get a clue & stop embarrassing yourself w/ ignorance!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Goat Milk

Menses

Kobe Bryant is far from my favorite player. I am simply pointing out the ignorance of people like Rat boy (you) when they make retarded claims

Realize what?? Where did u ever see me claim Kobe was better that Jordan or LeBron. You were claiming that LeBron was better than Kobe because he shoots 50% & Kobe doesn't. If you have to be explained the reason for this well, let's just say u don't belong here if so.
    Again though, instead of comparing a shooting guard to a power forward or center that gets his shots @ the rim lets compare a shooting guard to other shooting guards??

Do you realize that for the last 10 yrs Kobe has routinely been in the top 3 in fg% for all shooting guards?? Do you realize that Jared dudley & Dwayne Wade were the only two shooting guards in the league that shot for a higher % from the shooting guard position (qualifying). Why dont you relay that FACT to your lap dog Rat boy who seems to want to overlook facts out of pure jealousy. I am pretty sure there isn't a coach in the league that wouldn't give the green light to any shooting guard that shot a % that high. For you & your lap dog Rat boy not to understand this, well, that makes you pretty much clueless.
    Im not buying it...nobody would defend kobe the way you do...unless they were big fans...all I need to know now is your age...because as I've mentioned to Ratzz before, it tends to be a generational thing with Kobe-tards.....not once have you criticized him..not once have you criticized an aspect of his game....when his OWN coach Phil has on numerous occasions even going as far as to write pieces of his book on Kobe's faults....I think you have same problem most Kobe-tards have...its not about basketball, its about your HERO....you idolize this cat....but I must hand it to you folks...you are loyal, i'll give you that....

Ratzz

Are you referring to Dwight Howard?? I've asked you repeatedly to stop embarrassing your math skills for all to see. Dwight signed a 4 yr deal instead of 5 & he pays no state income tax. If you factor in the 5th yr & CA state income tax he actually took a 2M paycut not a 30M. Do you understand this basic mathematics concept or do you just continue to make embarrassing incorrect claims to fit your agenda & make your case sound better??

Dwight signed for $30M less.. PERIOD.
    the difference between $88M and $118M is $30 MILLION.

the extra year is negligible.. due to injury.
    IF Dwight injures himself in first year of contract.. and can no longer again..
    the Rockets would owe the remainder of the contract.

IF Dwight injured himself as a LAKER, in the first year, and could no longer play again,
    the LAKERS would owe the remainder of the contract. UNDERSTAND?!?

PLAYERS WANT LONGER CONTRACTS FOR MORE MONEY IN EVERY SPORT
    (NO exceptions)

don't give me this TAX B.S. or dollar by the hour shitt. PLEASE

Professional athletes are gamblingwith their bodies every single day... like Nascar racers are with their lives.

THEY WANT AS MANY YEARS and AS MUCH GUARANTEED SALARY AS THEY CAN GET...
    they do not care about 1 year less..

DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOTCOMMAND $30 MILLION/yr. four years from today...
    his body will have fallen off... he will be slower..
    he may have significant injuries...

he lost 8 figures in this...choice. for his entire lifetime earnings. (8 figures means $10M) i feel i need to explain this to you, because you fail to understand the obvious.

the fact that en elite player, took SHORTER CONTRACT worth less money is TWO-STRIKES against KOBE..
    NOT JUST ONE.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH AN ALL-TIME GREAT.

not to mention... DWIGHT is a HOLLYWOOD BUTTERFLY... has openly stated that he seeks opportunities outside of basketball... commercials.. movies.. TV appearances... HOUSTON is nowhere...

he left the cultural center in the USA (NYC as well) to go to TEXAS?!?!?!?!

FOR LESS MONEY...!??!?!
    AND A SHORTER CONTRACT?!?!?!?

RAY ALLEN to a $7M pay cut..
    .(1 yr.) AND A SHORTER contract to play with Lebron.
    he left 8 figures ON THE TABLE to play in Miami.
    his total financial losses for the Miami move are already OVER $14 Million

(he just reupped at that low salary)

wake up. Scope.
    people do not "loathe" playing with All-Time Greats. THEY LOVE IT.

the above clearly describes 'loathing'

it is your stupidity which prevents you from understanding any of this.
    it is not your fault. You were born as you are.

it's ok.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Menses

Menses

Dwight signed for $30M less.. PERIOD.
    the difference between $88M and $118M is $30 MILLION.

the extra year is negligible.. due to injury.
    IF Dwight injures himself in first year of contract.. and can no longer again..
    the Rockets would owe the remainder of the contract.

IF Dwight injured himself as a LAKER, in the first year, and could no longer play again,
    the LAKERS would owe the remainder of the contract. UNDERSTAND?!?

PLAYERS WANT LONGER CONTRACTS FOR MORE MONEY IN EVERY SPORT
    (NO exceptions)

don't give me this TAX B.S. or dollar by the hour shitt. PLEASE

Professional athletes are gamblingwith their bodies every single day... like Nascar racers are with their lives.

THEY WANT AS MANY YEARS and AS MUCH GUARANTEED SALARY AS THEY CAN GET...
    they do not care about 1 year less..

DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOTCOMMAND $30 MILLION/yr. four years from today...
    his body will have fallen off... he will be slower..
    he may have significant injuries...

he lost 8 figures in this...choice. for his entire lifetime earnings. (8 figures means $10M) i feel i need to explain this to you, because you fail to understand the obvious.

the fact that en elite player, took SHORTER CONTRACT worth less money is TWO-STRIKES against KOBE..
    NOT JUST ONE.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH AN ALL-TIME GREAT.

not to mention... DWIGHT is a HOLLYWOOD BUTTERFLY... has openly stated that he seeks opportunities outside of basketball... commercials.. movies.. TV appearances... HOUSTON is nowhere...

he left the cultural center in the USA (NYC as well) to go to TEXAS?!?!?!?!

FOR LESS MONEY...!??!?!
    AND A SHORTER CONTRACT?!?!?!?

RAY ALLEN to a $7M pay cut..
    .(1 yr.) AND A SHORTER contract to play with Lebron.
    he left 8 figures ON THE TABLE to play in Miami.
    his total financial losses for the Miami move are already OVER $14 Million

(he just reupped at that low salary)

wake up. Scope.
    people do not "loathe" playing with All-Time Greats. THEY LOVE IT.

the above clearly describes 'loathing'

it is your stupidity which prevents you from understanding any of this.
    it is not your fault. You were born as you are.

it's ok.

upscope

Let me see if I understand this Ratboy.....

If i buy a car for 30k & the taxes are waived & you buy the same car for 25K but have to pay 10k in taxes are you saying that you got a better deal?? That's what it sounds like. Seriously, it's simple mathematics that you just can't grasp.

I also see you dodged the questions....Let's start w/ this one:
    Since u claim Kobe shouldn't have won the Finals MVP in '10 please tell us who should have & kindly back it UP w/ stats/facts/reasoning.
    Go ahead & bury yourself w/ this one & prove your ignorance once & for all.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Let me see if I understand this Ratboy.....

If i buy a car for 30k & the taxes are waived & you buy the same car for 25K but have to pay 10k in taxes are you saying that you got a better deal?? That's what it sounds like. Seriously, it's simple mathematics that you just can't grasp.

I also see you dodged the questions....Let's start w/ this one:
    Since u claim Kobe shouldn't have won the Finals MVP in '10 please tell us who should have & kindly back it UP w/ stats/facts/reasoning.
    I suggested Shannon Brown, I'm surprised he didn't follow up on that.

How many pages will this reach by October? This "conversation" between Ratzz and Menses has potential.

Ratzz

*I also see you dodged the questions....Let's start w/ this one:
    the person that should have won the 2010 Finals MVP was Paul Pierce.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20100617/BO...html#nbaGIlive

the Lakers were given a 20 Free Throw advantage in a Game 7 (unheard of)

Lakers TOTAL FTs 37
    Celtics total FTs 17 *

in the 4th Qtr alone the Lakers were given 20 FTs alone.. (this is a joke really)
    Kobe was shooting all over the place, except in the basket
    Kobe in a Game 7 (also unheard of)
    an All-Time great CERTAINLY does not do that..

for the record:

Kobe Bryant GAME 7*
    http://www.nba.com/games/20100617/BO...html#nbaGIlive
    (6-24) 23 Pts.*(.250)
    (0-6) from 3-Point Range*(.000)
    (11-15) Free Throws*(.733)*

if you add these three numbers and average, it is(.327)*unreal efficiency. (the bad one)

just lookit

LEBRON JAMES**GAME 7
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013062014
    (12-23) 37 Pts.
    (.521)
    (5-10) from 3-Point Range (.500)
    (8-8)*Free Throws*(1.000)

if you add these three numbers and average, it is(.673)*UN-RE-E-E-EAL efficiency. (the GREAT*one)

(please tell me you are beginning to understand..) the difference is staggering

David Stern is a businessman... he can't have the Boston Celtics beating the Lakers 2 Finals
    in a row.. it's BAD for business... Laker fans stop watching...LA LARGEST POPULATION
    NBA loses money..*what you do-- is you tie it at 1-1, and hope they meet again in the Finals in 2011

20 EXTRA FTs in a game 7 would be like a 7-to-1 Power Play advantage.. IN hockey
    unimaginable.*

Celtics won that game and series (and without Perkins Game 7)

Paul Pierce NBA Finals MVP 2010

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Rat you know the Spurs shot more fts almost every game than miami right?

You are clueless when it comes to the nba. Simply clueless. Go look at Bryant's full finals stats for 2010.

Here's his playoff stats for that year.

23 23 40.1 0.458 0.374 0.842 1.1 4.9 6.0 5.5 1.4 0.7 3.43 3.26 29.2

Here are the stats for the 2010 finals

Bryant: 41 mpg, 41% fg, 32% 3s, 88% FT, 28.6 PPG, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2.1 steals, 0.7 blocks

Pierce: 40 mpg, 44% fg, 40% 3, 86.5% FT, 18 PPG, 5.3 Rebounds, 3 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.9 blocks

Yeah, Pierce had a better series

Ratzz

Pierce is a TEAM player.. he would never take 24 shots unless they were dropping for him.
    of course Kobe will have many more PPG... on how many shots..?

Seto

Pierce was playing with KG and Ray Allen, of course he's gonna take less shots.

What was Kobe supposed to do? Who was he supposed to pass to?

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Pierce was playing with KG and Ray Allen, of course he's gonna take less shots.

What was Kobe supposed to do? Who was he supposed to pass to?

ummmm.. you know... other guys wearing a yellow shirt..

other guys that if you trusted them all year might perform well...

like the Spurs do... Spurs grow great players by putting the ball in their hands.
    did you ever see Duncan taking 30+ shots a game, asking who to pass to?
    if Parker and Ginobili were out?

. in Game 7, Kahwi Leonard took 17 shots. Duncan 18 shots.
    just 1 more. and they almost pulled it off.

Great players share the ball.. KoBE does NOT share the ball, even when ice-cold.

Kobe NOT an All-Time great.

This very mindset ("but WHO to pass to!??!".. nobody can hit a shot EXCEPT ME)

is what creates the problem of having to take so many shots. He creates the problem,
    the cure and the cause disease are the same.

it is that very question.
    Last edited by Ratzz; 07-14-13 at 08:31 PM.

Ratzz

. in Game 7, Kahwi Leonard took 17 shots. Duncan 18 shots.
    just 1 more. and they almost pulled it off.
    Kahwi Leonard is 21 Years old.

he would never take that many shots in a game, let alone a playoff game if he was a Laker.
    Kobe would not let him, and if he started to, Kobe would just start yelling at him, in front of everyone.

Goat Milk

Duncan has already admitted that Bryant is one of the greatest of all time. Magic said he's the greatest Laker ever. Kareem may have said it. Shaq has mentioned it. Barkley and Jordan both have Bryant as one of the greatest players ever. Larry Bird said it. I guess none of those guys know what they're talking about?

FYI, Mark Jackson, coach of the golden state warriors, said that "when it's all said and done, Kobe Bryant will go down as the greatest basketball player that's ever played this game"

No further comments, your honor.

Menses

I am surprised the debate regarding game 7 is still going on....unless we are only dealing with Kobe Tards....anyone who actually watched that series and in particular Game 7 will understand why Kobe did not deserve the MVP....as far as Game 7 goes...Artest was the most valuable player...but the award should have gone to Gasol, the man responsible for stopping Kobe from leaving the Lakers after Kobe threatened Jerry Buss...No Gasol, No Rings......Now you Kobe fans out there...watch carefully...and notice his shot selection...this man refused to pass the ball even when tripled teamed.....until the very last play...which in all fairness he must be given credit for....but my god it was an atrocious performance...like many of his other playoff performances..that only Phil and Dell Harris has called him out on....Kobe-TARDS give him a pass....but alas love is blind as they say....

Menses

Non Laker and Kobe Fans need not watch as they know the truth...but some of these Kobe-TARDS need to be reminded what a fix looks like...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Duncan has already admitted that Bryant is one of the greatest of all time. Magic said he's the greatest Laker ever. Kareem may have said it. Shaq has mentioned it. Barkley and Jordan both have Bryant as one of the greatest players ever. Larry Bird said it. I guess none of those guys know what they're talking about?

FYI, Mark Jackson, coach of the golden state warriors, said that "when it's all said and done, Kobe Bryant will go down as the greatest basketball player that's ever played this game"

No further comments, your honor.
    Those are opinions....Magic and Kareem are of course biased...but Magic has since gone on to say Lebron has the opportunity to be better than Jordan....he completely bypassed Bryant...Barkley is also on record as saying Lebron is better than Kobe and may end up surpassing Jordan....but again these are opinions.....the numbers however don't lie.....Lebron has destroyed Kobe in every category...except points scored...as Kobe had a bit of a head start.....Phillip.....lol.......has gone on record as saying...Kobe is not a leader....you cannot be the greatest and not be a leader...

Menses

PHIL JACKSON - "Kobe would not listen to me...and refused to play within the framework of the offense...so I got Jordan to set his ass straight"

YOU FOLKS NEED TO LISTEN AND COME ACROSS ON THIS ISSUE AND STOP THIS NONSENSE....

Last edited by Menses; 07-15-13 at 01:18 PM.

Menses

Now lets take a game by game breakdown of the 2010 nba finals...take a look at the numbers...take a look at how effective Kobe Bryant was compared to Gasol and you tell me who the MVP is....again...KOBE-TARDS need not apply...it would be a conflict of interest....lol........I wanna hear from the folks who have no rooting interest in the Celtics or the Lakers....and whom do not worship at the altar of the great Kobe "The Bean" Bryant...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...006170LAL.html

Game 1

Gasol - 23 pts on 8 for 14 stg / 14 rebounds / 3 assists / 3 blks
    Kobe - 30 pts on 10 for 22 stg / 7 rebouds / 6 assists / 4 turnovers

double double for gasol...better FG percentage...Kobe had more pts but missed 12 shots....gasol had more all around game...node to gasol

Game 2 -

Gasol - 25 pts on 7 for 10 stg / 8 rebounds / 3 assists / 6 blks
    Kobe - 21 pts on 8 for 20 stg / 5 rebounds / 6 assists

Gasol with a clearly better all around game...Kobe shoots less than 50 percent again...and was 2 for 7 from 3 point line....node to Gasol

Game 3

gasol - 13 pts on 5 for 11 stg / 10 rebounds / 4 assists
    Kobe - 29 pts on 10 for 29 stg / 7 rebounds / 4 assists / 3 blks

Kobe again shoots a horrendous percentage and his 1 for 7 from the 3 point line but we will give this one to Kobe

Game 4

Gasol - 21 pts on 6 for 13 stg / 6 rebounds / 3 assists / 2 blocks
    Kobe - 33pts on 10 for 22 stg / 6 rebounds / 2 assists / 7 turnovers

Lakers lost this one...and rightfully so....Gasol had a better FG percentage than Kobe...and was better defensively...while Kobe again shot under 50 percent...and turn the ball over 7 times...while taking a whopping 11 3 pt attempts...although making 6 of them...they lost by 7 pts, kobe missed 12 shots...and coughed it up 7 times...you have to figure he gets the blame for this one....because if the Lakers had won....he sure as hell would have gladly taken the credit...node to Gasol

Game 5

Gasol 12 pts on 5 for 12 stg / 12 rebounds
    Kobe 38 pts on 13 for 27 stg / 5 rebounds / 4 assists / 4 turnovers

Lakers go down 2-3...while Kobe continues to shoot a piss poor percentage and take an way too many shots...Yes he scored 38 but has also has had the most turnovers as well while taking a whopping 10 ...3 pointers and missing 6 of them....they only lost by 6...combine Kobe's turn overs with the 14 shots he missed, 10 from beyond the 3...and I think once again, blame should put squarely on the shoulders of Kobe who would have taken credit had they won..meanwhile Gasol has yet another double double...while barely touching the ball thanks to Kobe's ball hogging...node to gasol

Game 6

Gasol 17 pts on 6 for 14 stg / 13 rebounds / 9 assists / 3 blks
    Kobe 26 pts on 9 for 19 stg / 11 reoubds / 3 assists / 4 stls

Kobe has a little better shooting percentage this time around..and his rebounds were up...but his peformance is nothing spectacular...and Gasol remains consistent...and nearly has himself a triple double...Kobe did not play bad..but not better than Gasol...node to Gasol

Game 7

Gasol 19 pts on 6 for 16 stg / 18 rebounds / 4 assists / 2 blks
    Kobe 23 pts on 6 for 24 stg / 15 rebounds / 2 assists / 4 turn overs

Lakers win while going to the free throw line 20 more times than Boston...The Fix was in...but Kobe once again shoots a horrific percentage, going 0 for 6 from the beyond the 3...thats right...0 for 6 and again turning the ball over 4 times...Half of Kobe's points came at the line...in bogus fouls that should have never been called. Meanwhile Gasol, has what is probably his 4th double double....grabbing a monster 18 boards....once again....Node to Gasol....

THE MVP OF THE 2010 NBA FINALS - PAU GASOL.....NOT KOBE BRYANT.....ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE......THE LEAGUE WANTED THE LAKERS TO WIN THAT YEAR AND THEY NEEDED THEIR STAR PLAYER TO WIN THE BIG AWARD...EVEN IF HE DID NOT DESERVE IT.........YOU KOBE-TARDS NEED TO COME ACROSS ON THIS AND ADMIT IT....the mans shooting percentage for the entire series was 250......only Andrew Bynums was worse and that was because he barely played!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Menses; 07-15-13 at 04:17 AM.

Menses

Ratzz

EXCELLENT VIDS, MENSES. kudos!

Ratzz

Now lets take a game by game breakdown of the 2010 nba finals...take a look at the numbers...take a look at how effective Kobe Bryant was compared to Gasol and you tell me who the MVP is....again...KOBE-TARDS need not apply...it would be a conflict of interest....lol........I wanna hear from the folks who have no rooting interest in the Celtics or the Lakers....and whom do not worship at the altar of the great Kobe "The Bean" Bryant...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...006170LAL.html

Game 1

Gasol - 23 pts on 8 for 14 stg / 14 rebounds / 3 assists / 3 blks
    Kobe - 30 pts on 10 for 22 stg / 7 rebouds / 6 assists / 4 turnovers

double double for gasol...better FG percentage...Kobe had more pts but missed 12 shots....gasol had more all around game...node to gasol

Game 2 -

Gasol - 25 pts on 7 for 10 stg / 8 rebounds / 3 assists / 6 blks
    Kobe - 21 pts on 8 for 20 stg / 5 rebounds / 6 assists

Gasol with a clearly better all around game...Kobe shoots less than 50 percent again...and was 2 for 7 from 3 point line....node to Gasol

Game 3

gasol - 13 pts on 5 for 11 stg / 10 rebounds / 4 assists
    Kobe - 29 pts on 10 for 29 stg / 7 rebounds / 4 assists / 3 blks

Kobe again shoots a horrendous percentage and his 1 for 7 from the 3 point line but we will give this one to Kobe

Game 4

Gasol - 21 pts on 6 for 13 stg / 6 rebounds / 3 assists / 2 blocks
    Kobe - 33pts on 10 for 22 stg / 6 rebounds / 2 assists / 7 turnovers

Lakers lost this one...and rightfully so....Gasol had a better FG percentage than Kobe...and was better defensively...while Kobe again shot under 50 percent...and turn the ball over 7 times...while taking a whopping 11 3 pt attempts...although making 6 of them...they lost by 7 pts, kobe missed 12 shots...and coughed it up 7 times...you have to figure he gets the blame for this one....because if the Lakers had won....he sure as hell would have gladly taken the credit...node to Gasol

Game 5

Gasol 12 pts on 5 for 12 stg / 12 rebounds
    Kobe 38 pts on 13 for 27 stg / 5 rebounds / 4 assists / 4 turnovers

Lakers go down 2-3...while Kobe continues to shoot a piss poor percentage and take an way too many shots...Yes he scored 38 but has also has had the most turnovers as well while taking a whopping 10 ...3 pointers and missing 6 of them....they only lost by 6...combine Kobe's turn overs with the 14 shots he missed, 10 from beyond the 3...and I think once again, blame should put squarely on the shoulders of Kobe who would have taken credit had they won..meanwhile Gasol has yet another double double...while barely touching the ball thanks to Kobe's ball hogging...node to gasol

Game 6

Gasol 17 pts on 6 for 14 stg / 13 rebounds / 9 assists / 3 blks
    Kobe 26 pts on 9 for 19 stg / 11 reoubds / 3 assists / 4 stls

Kobe has a little better shooting percentage this time around..and his rebounds were up...but his peformance is nothing spectacular...and Gasol remains consistent...and nearly has himself a triple double...Kobe did not play bad..but not better than Gasol...node to Gasol

Game 7

Gasol 19 pts on 6 for 16 stg / 18 rebounds / 4 assists / 2 blks
    Kobe 23 pts on 6 for 24 stg / 15 rebounds / 2 assists / 4 turn overs

Lakers win while going to the free throw line 20 more times than Boston...The Fix was in...but Kobe once again shoots a horrific percentage, going 0 for 6 from the beyond the 3...thats right...0 for 6 and again turning the ball over 4 times...Half of Kobe's points came at the line...in bogus fouls that should have never been called. Meanwhile Gasol, has what is probably his 4th double double....grabbing a monster 18 boards....once again....Node to Gasol....

THE MVP OF THE 2010 NBA FINALS - PAU GASOL.....NOT KOBE BRYANT.....ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE......THE LEAGUE WANTED THE LAKERS TO WIN THAT YEAR AND THEY NEEDED THEIR STAR PLAYER TO WIN THE BIG AWARD...EVEN IF HE DID NOT DESERVE IT.........YOU KOBE-TARDS NEED TO COME ACROSS ON THIS AND ADMIT IT....the mans shooting percentage for the entire series was 250......only Andrew Bynums was worse and that was because he barely played!!!!!!!!!!
    AWESOME POST. but again... who is taking the credit as you so aptly state.. i think it takes alot of nerve to shoot that badly and then jump on the scorer's table like you did it by yourself (i am sure that is how he remembers it)

Menses

AWESOME POST. but again... who is taking the credit as you so aptly state.. i think it takes alot of nerve to shoot that badly and then jump on the scorer's table like you did it by yourself (i am sure that is how he remembers it)
    Could you expect anything less? That was Kobe's MO........imagine if the Lakers lost with a line like Kobe's...6 for 24....who gets the blame? Gasol and a double...Metta had 23....was guarding the hell out of garnett, but fouled him several times with no call......the media would have immediately..destroyed Gasol and Metta....but Phil would have told the truth....you can always count on Phil to pull Kobe's card....look at Phil at the end of that game...he was not the least bit excited as he knew the score....

Seto

This thread is comedy gold. Who said the offseason was boring?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Lakers 2010 championship was a complete fix, I was an actual fan back then but it was a disgusting performance to watch. Lakers were down huge at 4th the game was pretty much a rap but the phantom calls just kept coming from left and right it was crazy. I was even a big sports spectator at the time but the shit was so obvious.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Lakers 2010 championship was a complete fix, I was an actual fan back then but it was a disgusting performance to watch. Lakers were down huge at 4th the game was pretty much a rap but the phantom calls just kept coming from left and right it was crazy. I was even a big sports spectator at the time but the shit was so obvious.
    No they weren't down big in the 4th.

The Celtics biggest lead in that game in the 4th quarter was 4 points. FOUR POINTS. Yeah, the game was pretty much a wrap.

If you're referring to the 13 point lead the Celtics had 3 or 4 minutes into the 3rd, and think that qualifies as a wrap in an NBA playoff game, I just don't know what to tell you. "Understand the game" as Goat would say.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    No they weren't down big in the 4th.

The Celtics biggest lead in that game in the 4th quarter was 4 points. FOUR POINTS. Yeah, the game was pretty much a wrap.

If you're referring to the 13 point lead the Celtics had 3 or 4 minutes into the 3rd, and think that qualifies as a wrap in an NBA playoff game, I just don't know what to tell you. "Understand the game" as Goat would say.
    I would agree...Boston had a 13 point lead in the 3rd..not the 4th...but it was erased thanks to bogus fouls...and that in itself is an indictment on the reality of the fix..in that there was such a huge free throw disparity between Boston and LA even though the game finished as close as it did...LA looses by 10 plus without the bogus fouls and numerous trips to the line....but it still wasn't worse than the travesty we saw back in early May late April at golden state...

Goat Milk

You guys know when Artest hit that 3, Kobe was doubled by Allen and Rasheed and guess why Artest was wide open? Paul pierce was hanging out at the elbow waiting for Bryant in case he drove right.

Simple basketball knowledge. Bryant was double and triple teamed all series and still put up ridiculous numbers. 29 points, 8 rebounds, 4 dimes. Against 2-3 guys guarding him/waiting for him in the paint/on the elbows at all times.

Understand basketball. These are basic 101 principles of the game that the regular viewer like Menses or Rat does not notice because they look too much at stats.

You know that without Bryant lakers don't get out of the first round. Without artest, lakers win the championship still. Basic basketball 101.

Goat Milk

I would agree...Boston had a 13 point lead in the 3rd..not the 4th...but it was erased thanks to bogus fouls...and that in itself is an indictment on the reality of the fix..in that there was such a huge free throw disparity between Boston and LA even though the game finished as close as it did...LA looses by 10 plus without the bogus fouls and numerous trips to the line....but it still wasn't worse than the travesty we saw back in early May late April at golden state...
    Dude because they were playing with two 7 footers in the game. Boston was playing small and were not physical down low. They missed perkins. LA was getting rapped, especially Gasol, all game on the rebounds.

Just you thinking that both teams need to shoot the same amount of free throws for it to be an even game is an amateur comment I would expect from a high school kid. The more aggressive team will shoot more FTs. This isn't college basketball, son.

You know the Spurs shot more FTs than Miami almost every game right? Was it rigged for the Spurs? Go look at the FT difference, please. Who won the series? Thanks.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

ron artest was left open for a reason .............
    he made big shots, which is a credit to him

Goat Milk

You know why Lebron scored 45 in game 6 against boston last year down 3-2 and why he had such a good series? Because Doc Rivers chose to double D. Wade on nearly every play and play James 1 on 1. He said it in multiple "wires" that TNT had on him during the games. Multiple times.

So go look at the stats, and you see that James put up much better numbers. Open your eyes. James never gets those numbers if Doc decides to double him instead of Wade. These are basic principles of the game.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Dude because they were playing with two 7 footers in the game. Boston was playing small and were not physical down low. They missed perkins. LA was getting rapped, especially Gasol, all game on the rebounds.

Just you thinking that both teams need to shoot the same amount of free throws for it to be an even game is an amateur comment I would expect from a high school kid. The more aggressive team will shoot more FTs. This isn't college basketball, son.

You know the Spurs shot more FTs than Miami almost every game right? Was it rigged for the Spurs? Go look at the FT difference, please. Who won the series? Thanks.
    Actually goat...as much I love Miami and Lebron.....I believe the finals were in fact rigged for the Heat...but not in the same way....but thats a different story.....and please...do not make excuses for THE FIX OF THE 2010 NBA FINALS. lmao......that one has been signed sealed and delivered for 3 years...don't even bother.....re-read the thread if you must and go over the tapes if you must......ITS A WRAP

First 1234 Last