goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

In spirit of the Josh Smith signing......

I was trying to think of the top 5 players in the NBA who are an absolute cancer to the team and who I would hate to have on my favorite team. These players might put up numbers but they will not carry a team to a title. Feel free to put in your own top 5, I'm curious to see if I forgot anyone.
    1. Josh Smith (he is number 1 and its not even close)
    2. Rudy Gay
    3. J.R. Smith
    4. Dwight Howard
    5. Rajon Rondo

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

1. Anthony

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    1. Anthony
    so take anthony off the knicks. they'll get swept in the first round. clean sweep.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    so take anthony off the knicks. they'll get swept in the first round. clean sweep.
    So no different than what happened when he played for Denver, also pretty sure Knicks went 1-8 in playoff games his first 2 playoffs on the Knicks

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

That's a strawman argument and has nothing to do with whether Anthony is a cancer or not.

Goat Milk

Explain how Mello is a cancer. He's one of the top 10 players in the NBA. Not even debatable.

Secondly, he's one of the clutchest players in the game.

Thirdly, what has Denver done since Mello left and they became a "more balanced team"

They haven't made it out of the first round in all the 3 years he's been gone.

You don't win in the NBA without superstars.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Explain how Mello is a cancer. He's one of the top 10 players in the NBA. Not even debatable.

Thirdly, what has Denver done since Mello left and they became a "more balanced team"

The team that eliminated the Knicks this year don't really have any superstars

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    The team that eliminated the Knicks this year don't really have any superstars
    Paul George? Budding Superstar, will be one in a year or two. Hibbert All star calliber. West- near all star. Pacers didn't win last I checked, and they won't be winning anything with that core.

The Kraken

Goat you seem to be contradicting yourself. You're saying it takes superstars to win in the NBA and the Knicks have one in Anthony but they lost to a team that won't be winning anything with their current core players. :confused: common goater, you're a top SBR NBA analyst, what the fukk am I missing?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Goat you seem to be contradicting yourself. You're saying it takes superstars to win in the NBA and the Knicks have one in Anthony but they lost to a team that won't be winning anything with their current core players. :confused: common goater, you're a top SBR NBA analyst, what the fukk am I missing?
    Krack neither one of those teams won. If I say win I'm referring to a championship or Conference championship at the least. You can't build a team like the 04 pistons with 4 all stars and no superstars and expect to win in today's league where 2 superstars are coming together. If Wade was 100%, Pacers would have been finished in 5 games. Pacers with Granger are a much bigger threat. You're adding an all star there.

My point is Kraken, in the nba today, "team" concepts are not the route to go. People thought Denver had a chance to win the west this year. You need stars, period. Denver fukked themselves by getting rid of Anthony, because they'll never acquire another player like that for another 15-20 years.

The Kraken

I'm with ya now goater. I read your post differently. I Figured you had a point that I was missing.

goduke

I love how this thread turned into goats defending of one of his 4 man crushes. Anthony was a cancer on Denver and they weren't going to win a title with or without him but they sure were going to have to deal with his pouting about playing in Denver. The whole point of this thread is basically what stars or superstars are cancer to their team. Anthony was close to 5th in my opinion.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I'd put Dwight Howard at #1...Terrible team player. Complains about everything. Overrated.

Also, I really disagree with Rondo @ #5. Guy looks for a pass before he shoots

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I was trying to think of the top 5 players in the NBA who are an absolute cancer to the team and who I would hate to have on my favorite team. These players might put up numbers but they will not carry a team to a title. Feel free to put in your own top 5, I'm curious to see if I forgot anyone.
    1. Josh Smith (he is number 1 and its not even close)
    2. Rudy Gay
    3. J.R. Smith
    4. Dwight Howard
    5. Rajon Rondo
    so when you say "carry" a team to a title you list jr smith who wouldnt ever be expected to carry shit and is absolutely a cancer to his team

but then you say rondo who would certainly need to have other talent around him but already has a ring and was a big part of it

op what fukkin point are you trying to make?

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Dwight Howard is more of an egotist who is living in an era long gone. He is a quality building block but is not the foundation to build a franchise upon.. His head is just in the wrong place.

Carmello is incomplete as a player. The dimensions that he cares about he is good at. He will get his points. The element of defense I waver on with him. I can not decide if he can not play D or is unwilling to play D. To this day I see Melo and I think Tom Chambers.

As to cancer in the locker room...who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Unless the situation is over the top ala Gilbert Arenas then we may never know who is really on top of the list.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Rondo doesn't belong on that list.

I think he is the best point guard in the game. Nobody does more. If he was able to figure out shooting, he'd be unstoppable.

Also, for my money, my pick for this thread is Carlos "Hadji" Boozer. He is on my favorite team, and I would be ecstatic if we could trade him out of Chicago.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Adam Morrison

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

. They`re not top 5, but - Monta Ellis, Jarret Jack, Steph Curry. Out of the top players Melo is my favourite anchor.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    so when you say "carry" a team to a title you list jr smith who wouldnt ever be expected to carry shit and is absolutely a cancer to his team

but then you say rondo who would certainly need to have other talent around him but already has a ring and was a big part of it

op what fukkin point are you trying to make?
    I guess "carry" is the wrong word to use my apologies, I was thinking more or less of cancers to a team that will have a direct effect on helping your team not win a title. Thanks for nitpicking my words though

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Rondo doesn't belong on that list.

I think he is the best point guard in the game. Nobody does more. If he was able to figure out shooting, he'd be unstoppable.

Also, for my money, my pick for this thread is Carlos "Hadji" Boozer. He is on my favorite team, and I would be ecstatic if we could trade him out of Chicago.
    "if he was able to figure out shooting" Doesnt this say it all? He hasnt figured out shooting yet I dont think its going to happen. And rondo was the reason the celts were horrible through the middle of last season. I'm not saying they were great without him but his attitude and unwillingness to work within what they had and his need to feel like he was the leader was the reason they were doing so bad. He is not the best point guard in the game by far

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8896

you forgot the #1 cancer

Demarcus Cousins

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Josh Smith
    David Lee
    Monta Ellis
    Antawn Jamison
    Blake Grifffin

Do not like the JR Smith pick he is a good role player.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    you forgot the #1 cancer

Demarcus Cousins
    Oh youre right good one! He should definitely be up there

goduke

[QUOTE=rm18;19087178]Josh Smith
    David Lee
    Monta Ellis
    Antawn Jamison
    Blake Grifffin
    I agree with monta and josh but the other three what do they really do that represents a "cancer" to the team? I took JR because he knows how to shoot his team out of games, hes a headache for any team

hotelis

o right! BLAKE GRIFFIN!!!! THANK you for remindind me of him rm18. overrated.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I guess "carry" is the wrong word to use my apologies, I was thinking more or less of cancers to a team that will have a direct effect on helping your team not win a title. Thanks for nitpicking my words though
    nitpicking? just wanted to make sure youre clueless for including rondo....thanks ghueye

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Pistons might get through to smith And he might settle his shot selection down. Mabye, lol

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Dwight Howard
    Josh Smith
    Blake Griffin
    Monta Ellis
    Chris Bosh
    Rudy Gay
    Joe Johnson
    Michael Beasley
    Carlos Boozer
    Tyreke Evans
    Amare Stoudamire
    Nate Robinson
    OJ Mayo
    JR Smith
    Brandon Jennings
    Al Jefferson
    Andre Iguodala

All high volume shooter and/or mentally weak.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Dwight Howard
    Josh Smith
    Blake Griffin
    Monta Ellis
    Chris Bosh
    Rudy Gay
    Joe Johnson
    Michael Beasley
    Carlos Boozer
    Tyreke Evans
    Amare Stoudamire
    Nate Robinson
    OJ Mayo
    JR Smith
    Brandon Jennings
    Al Jefferson
    Andre Iguodala

All high volume shooter and/or mentally weak.
    Nonsense....Nate, Bosh, Iguodala, Gay, Mayo, and Jefferson are effective when used correctly...Gay is suspect on the defensive end but he is not a headcase kind of player...like say.....Beasley is.

hotelis

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Nonsense....Nate, Bosh, Iguodala, Gay, Mayo, and Jefferson are effective when used correctly...Gay is suspect on the defensive end but he is not a headcase kind of player...like say.....Beasley is.
    seeing u mention Bosh and Gay i remembered this video

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

carlos boozer. loul deng

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Ron Artest

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Agreed here. Melo is easily a top 10 player, he just has to have the right players around him (NO AMARE!!!). If you can surround Melo with shooters and players who don't need to have the ball in their hand, then he can be a very effective teammate.

hotelis

teammate who does not need a ball in his hands???? why play basketball then? to rebound Melo's misses and get back to defense? because u know...pure shooter like Melo needs his energy for shooting..he can not defend so much. Guys like Melo can be great chemistry killers.
    Last edited by hotelis; 07-07-13 at 03:09 PM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

[QUOTE=goduke;19087204]
    Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Josh Smith
    David Lee
    Monta Ellis
    Antawn Jamison
    Blake Grifffin
    I agree with monta and josh but the other three what do they really do that represents a "cancer" to the team? I took JR because he knows how to shoot his team out of games, hes a headache for any team
    David Lee plays no defense. Before the Monta Ellis trade Epke Udoh had the best +/- ratio on GS by far because Lee is a team killer who does not really help your offense that much but single handidly destroys your defense. Jamison though I guess getting old is super unclutch, and Blake Griffin is lazy and a wasted talent. He is the best athlete at the position and gets no rebounds and blocks

12 Last