Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Nobody Want To Play With Kobe Bryant

No superstar wants to deal with his ego or his personality...Lakers will have a difficult time bringing in superstars to play in LA if Kobe plans to be there another 3 years...the plan is to sell Dwight on the future...but what kind of future will LA have if nobody wants to play along side Kobe? Peyton, Malone, Shaq, Ariza, Capuno, Jackson, etc....none of them could stand playing with Kobe....Pau and Nash tolerated it...because they are total professionals....

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

They should just basically tank and suck ass for draft picks. Let Kobe run the ship into the ground and then rebuild.

reallytho
    reallytho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Anybody who has Kobe's mindset would LOVE to play with him....

I guarantee Jordan would say Kobe's the first player he'd like to team up with if he could...

Chris Paul was bummed out when he didn't get traded to the Lakers...

Kevin Garnett and kobe would be a match made in heaven....

If you're not psychotic about winning, yea, you'll be miserable playing with Kobe... But guys without this mentality don't really win rings...

Lebron got 2 because Pop gave him one and the entire East was hurt.... Oh, and he had to go join 2 other superstars, one with a Kobe type killer instinct (wade) to feel comfortable enough to get the job done.

Shaq was fat and Lazy - Jordan would have been pissed at him for the same reasons

Malone / Payton were old and washed up - They were probably not too happy to have a young buck telling them what to do or getting on their ass... who cares

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

If Lakers had a smart and independent GM, he would buy out Kobe, trade Gasol & Nash, not even try to resign that headcase Howard and start rebuilding with new young players. That would save a ton of money by avoiding luxury taxes and make Lakers competitive again in a couple of years. Instead, be prepared for more drama in Lakerland. Lakers will be on autofade early in the season. Lots of dumbass Laker fans around, so the price on Lakers not winning their division should be good early on. I got Clippers at +300 after the first 3 games of the season last year when Lakers were like on a 0-8 streak (including preseason) and were still considered overwhelming favorites to win the division. Anyway, fock the Lakers.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by reallytho View Post
    Anybody who has Kobe's mindset would LOVE to play with him....

I guarantee Jordan would say Kobe's the first player he'd like to team up with if he could...

Chris Paul was bummed out when he didn't get traded to the Lakers...

Kevin Garnett and kobe would be a match made in heaven....

If you're not psychotic about winning, yea, you'll be miserable playing with Kobe... But guys without this mentality don't really win rings...

Lebron got 2 because Pop gave him one and the entire East was hurt.... Oh, and he had to go join 2 other superstars, one with a Kobe type killer instinct (wade) to feel comfortable enough to get the job done.

Shaq was fat and Lazy - Jordan would have been pissed at him for the same reasons

Malone / Payton were old and washed up - They were probably not too happy to have a young buck telling them what to do or getting on their ass... who cares
    I must respectfully disagree...Paul and Garnet wanted to play in LA period...its LA and the money is good....Kobe was an additional benefit which would prove to be a problem the minute they got here as Kobe would treat them the way he has treated every other superstar he has had the privilege of playing with. This is common knowledge around the league...they love his game...and do not question his desire to win but they do not enjoy him as a teammate....more of this will come out once he retires....just like Jordan refusal to allow Isiah on the dream team which in itself was a travesty...

Speaking of which, Jordan would have never played wit ha guy like Kobe...as both their egos would not allow it....Pippen deferred....Kobe would not...not a chance in hell....between the two of them, I am not sure who was the bigger asshole, but one thing is for sure...they would not have played together....no way in hell...lol

Shaq may have been fat and lazy...but that is not the reason he left....nor was it the reason Kobe disliked him. Kobe wanted to be the number 1 guy and take all the shots...and his attitude and refusal to adhere to the triangle cost them them the title in 2004....Remember, Phil clearly stated in his book Kobe gave Buss an ultimatum...it was either Shaq or him.....Buss chose Kobe for one reason and one reason only...the revenue his name was bringing in...it wasn't about winning a title...it was more about making sure the Laker brand had a marketable spokes person..and by that time..the media was trying to turn Kobe into Jordan...naturally Buss choice and Kobe's arrogance cost them at least 2 more titles.....meanwhile, fat lazy Shaq managed to get another one in Miami...granted they rigged it vis a vis Wade's 799 trips to the foul line....

Malone and Peyton were not entirely washed up....Malone tried to mack Kobe's wife...and Kobe refused to include them in the offense...interestingly enough Peyton went on to get a ring in Miami with Shaq....

No established Superstars really want to play with Kobe Bryant because they know and understand that he will not include them in the offense....Nash barely had the ball in his hands this past season...granted he was injured half the time...but a point guard of his caliber should have been running point...75 % of the time....Kobe wants to lecture to you on how to play in order for him to get all the credit...he has no interest in doing exactly what it takes for the TEAM to succeed..and this is why Phil recently said he was not a leader...I dunno about you...but I tend to trust what the Zen Master says...

I would be very surprised to see Dwight resign...especially after sources reported that Kobe's final pitch was to lecture Dwight on how he should always listen to Kobe....in 2014, Mitch's best bet is to bring in a younger star...that is willing to wait out Kobe's nonsense till he retires....and then start fresh..Melo, Bron, Rondo, none of these players will put up with Kobe's nonsense.....
    Last edited by Menses; 07-05-13 at 12:03 AM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    If Lakers had a smart and independent GM, he would buy out Kobe, trade Gasol & Nash, not even try to resign that headcase Howard and start rebuilding with new young players. That would save a ton of money by avoiding luxury taxes and make Lakers competitive again in a couple of years. Instead, be prepared for more drama in Lakerland. Lakers will be on autofade early in the season. Lots of dumbass Laker fans around, so the price on Lakers not winning their division should be good early on. I got Clippers at +300 after the first 3 games of the season last year when Lakers were like on a 0-8 streak (including preseason) and were still considered overwhelming favorites to win the division. Anyway, fock the Lakers.
    That would be ideal...but Kobe is a name brand...you cannot amnesty the name brand...or trade him....so they are stuck with him until he retires at 40....as I am sure he is trying to make sure Lebron and Wade don't catch him in the ring department....Kobe's is only padding stats...to catch Kareem...and bury Jordan at this point....If Kobe cared about his team, he would retire immediately....but that is not Kobe Bryant...

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    That would be ideal...but Kobe is a name brand...you cannot amnesty the name brand...or trade him....so they are stuck with him until he retires at 40....as I am sure he is trying to make sure Lebron and Wade don't catch him in the ring department....Kobe's is only padding stats...to catch Kareem...and bury Jordan at this point....If Kobe cared about his team, he would retire immediately....but that is not Kobe Bryant...
    I know they will not amnesty him: half of Lakers funs are secretly in love with Kobe. Kobe should not be close to even 50% after that horrendous injury (see e.g. Billups), so yeah he is done. The question is if the books and the public will catch up to that or not. I hope not.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Give it UP Ratzz

Rellik
    Rellik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4386

You might want to add the Lakers coach..!!! He stinks..too.!!! Get rid of him.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

and hes gone... I feel this way about Kobe as well, after hes done hes just going to walk around saying rings/records don't lie, despite his poor playing.
    Last edited by Git Lo; 07-06-13 at 03:40 AM.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No superstar wants to deal with his ego or his personality...Lakers will have a difficult time bringing in superstars to play in LA if Kobe plans to be there another 3 years...the plan is to sell Dwight on the future...but what kind of future will LA have if nobody wants to play along side Kobe? Peyton, Malone, Shaq, Ariza, Capuno, Jackson, etc....none of them could stand playing with Kobe....Pau and Nash tolerated it...because they are total professionals....
    lol... maybe we are the same person.. i've been gone a coupla days... and i signed in to post a thread entitled "Kobe is a cancer"

and then i look and i see this... we have been saying this all along.. jsmith too

it is impossible tp play alongside a fugging prick like that.. whatever you do right, he takes credit for..
    and whatever you might do wrong.. calls you out in the media right away.. EVERYBODY gets thrown under the bus

cheers 2u Mens-,*

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    They should just basically tank and suck ass for draft picks. Let Kobe run the ship into the ground and then rebuild.
    Kobe took a team with smush parker luke walton kwame brown in the starting lineup to the playoffs....

nuff said. kobe couldn't tank a season if he tried.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Kobe took a team with smush parker luke walton kwame brown in the starting lineup to the playoffs....

nuff said. kobe couldn't tank a season if he tried.
    Lebron took a team with Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, and Eric snow to the nba finals.....nuff said....Lebron couldn't tank a season even if he tried................................... .............LOL

Goat Milk

Lebron took a team with Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, and Eric snow to the nba finals.....nuff said....Lebron couldn't tank a season even if he tried................................... .............LOL
    never said lebron could. lebron will make the playoffs every year and so will kobe. doesn't matter who is on their teams. if you want to win, join bryant. sure, guy is ruthless and not the best teammate, but if you just do what you're supposed to do, then you're gonna win with bryant. it's been proven. guy has been the nba finals 7 times. don't expect to be 1a 1b with kobe bryant. there is one king and that's bryant. gasol and nash know their roles. whoever comes in now has to understand they are option B no matter their level. I would have liked to see Al Jefferson go to LA, but oh well.

Menses

never said lebron could. lebron will make the playoffs every year and so will kobe. doesn't matter who is on their teams. if you want to win, join bryant. sure, guy is ruthless and not the best teammate, but if you just do what you're supposed to do, then you're gonna win with bryant. it's been proven. guy has been the nba finals 7 times. don't expect to be 1a 1b with kobe bryant. there is one king and that's bryant. gasol and nash know their roles. whoever comes in now has to understand they are option B no matter their level. I would have liked to see Al Jefferson go to LA, but oh well.
    Kobe did not make the playoffs in 04-05....and he won't be making the playoffs next year either. Yes he has been to 7 nba finals...but that is in large part to the nucleus he had around him. You will notice, that when either Shaq was gone or Phil was gone, Kobe was no where to be found...got angry, threw his teammates under the bus and and demanded to be traded...cheating on his wife in the process....Gasol and Nash may know their roles but they are not happy...which is why Pau openly criticized Kobe this past year....while Nash was too soft or hurt to say anything......Kobe will continue to threw both of them under the bus next year as well....if and when he returns...Lebron is King, Kobe is finished...

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Lebron took a team with Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, and Eric snow to the nba finals.....
    yes in a weak eastern conference and got his ass swept when they met a real team from the West lmao

Goat Milk

Kobe did not make the playoffs in 04-05....and he won't be making the playoffs next year either. Yes he has been to 7 nba finals...but that is in large part to the nucleus he had around him. You will notice, that when either Shaq was gone or Phil was gone, Kobe was no where to be found...got angry, threw his teammates under the bus and and demanded to be traded...cheating on his wife in the process....Gasol and Nash may know their roles but they are not happy...which is why Pau openly criticized Kobe this past year....while Nash was too soft or hurt to say anything......Kobe will continue to threw both of them under the bus next year as well....if and when he returns...Lebron is King, Kobe is finished...
    No where to be found?

Bryant dropped 81 in a game. Never will be done again. Ever. Wilt's 100 points are not even close to the level of difficulty. Lebron couldn't score 65 even if he tried. Bryant scored 50+ in 4 straight games. No one in history will ever do that again. No one.

Bryant had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Chris Mihm as his central players. He took that team to the playoffs. Nuff said...

Shaq is not even a top 10 player of all time. You're trying to compare him to Bryant? Not even a comparison there. Bryant turned Gasol into a winner. You know Gasol never made it out of the first round before Joining bryant, right? I'm pretty sure he got swept the majority of those first round exits too.

Menses

No where to be found?

Bryant dropped 81 in a game. Never will be done again. Ever. Wilt's 100 points are not even close to the level of difficulty. Lebron couldn't score 65 even if he tried. Bryant scored 50+ in 4 straight games. No one in history will ever do that again. No one.

Bryant had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Chris Mihm as his central players. He took that team to the playoffs. Nuff said...

Shaq is not even a top 10 player of all time. You're trying to compare him to Bryant? Not even a comparison there. Bryant turned Gasol into a winner. You know Gasol never made it out of the first round before Joining bryant, right? I'm pretty sure he got swept the majority of those first round exits too.
    LOL...81 points in a game....thats the only thing he ever did Jordan did not do.......but that's irrelevant to what we are discussing here....James played with Mike Brown for 5 years...Kobe got him fired after half a season...wanna kno why? You know why...we all know why...and your disrespect for Shaq is not amusing...lol........cut that out.......only a goddamn fool would believe Shaq did not make Kobe the first 6 years of his career....when Shaq left...what happen to Kobe? Phil wanted to trade his non grateful ass for Shawn Merion and Jason Kidd.....what does that tell you?

Your disrespect for Pau Gasol is not amusing...lol......remember, Kobe wanted to be traded until what happened? Jerry Buss brought in Pau Gasol....no Gasol....No 4th and 5th ring......and you and I both know it....shit if you dun believe me...let this white boy tell it......he seemed to know what he talking about...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Reign Man View Post
    yes in a weak eastern conference and got his ass swept when they met a real team from the West lmao
    A real Team from the West with 4 hall of famers.....no shame in that...

Menses

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

No where to be found?

Yeah and it only took 59 FG attempts & 20 FT attempts against the worst team/defense that year, Raptors. You are right nobody will beat that today because nobody is that big of a ballhog LMAO. Are you saying MJ, Durant, James couldn't do it taking that many shots?! 3 of his rings are BECAUSE of Shaq go look at his.#'s from those finals. Averaging 40+ ppg while shooting 57%. You saying Shaq in his prime is nowhere near Kobe shows your lack of knowledge.. Remind me again who was the finals mvp on each of those 3 titles they won together?
    Last edited by WinTheDay24; 07-07-13 at 12:50 AM.