Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

…the 'Nets' are this year's Lakers.. (they tank… waste three 1st Rounders)

didn't anybody pay attention to what the Lakers did last year?

Garnett and Pierce were absolutely great players. "WERE" great. Many years ago.

people need to be more careful with their 1st Rounders..

these GMs get all crazy like they are going to win it all the following year..!?!?
    Kupchak lost his friggin mind in the Nash trade. What a maniac.

three 1st Rounders for a spent Garnett, and decent Pierce and a washed up Terry??! really?!!?

Nets MUST be joking?> Kidd is about three weeks older than these guys..
    many players do not like to be coached by guys they consider a peer, more than a leader.

Garnett and Kidd are the same age basically. Kidd hired his former coach as an ass't, (the very same coach he didn't like and had fired when he was a star and had pull).

Nets look like a circus from the get-go..
    no order, thrown together. The hierarchy is all over the place.

Can't see this working out well.
    looks like a big mess even before it starts

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Once doc left...Ainge knew it had to be done...there are always teams out there looking for a quick fix....I suppose their leadership qualities are going to be more important than the amount of minutes they play...as there is no way Garnett or Pierce will be loading 2008 type minutes...

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Your problem is you don't understand the value of a back end draft pick, you treat it as if it's a top lottery pick or something. Once you learn that you will have a better grip on why trades like this go down.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Once doc left...Ainge knew it had to be done...there are always teams out there looking for a quick fix....I suppose their leadership qualities are going to be more important than the amount of minutes they play...as there is no way Garnett or Pierce will be loading 2008 type minutes...
    i think Ainge made the right move.. i felt a little bad for Pierce, he was just shy of several all-time Celtic records, but holding his 2..

i am sure he wanted as many as he could get..

oh well... leadership is good thing to have, but nothing like legs and energy, i will always pick a fresh set, speed helps so much..

i understand what Upscope is saying about back-end... picks, but if you are a really sharp GM, you can do well in the teens and beyond.

Ratzz

i think a greater problem is that people think that anything outside of the top dozen picks is 2nd Round

..not so

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Im also wondering how this is going to play it with Kidd coaching basically players the same age as his. Most likely will be a disaster. and whats Rondo going to do?? He was hot when they traded Perkins (on a friend level) but the entire core is gone including the coach I'm sure hes pissed right now.
    Last edited by Git Lo; 06-28-13 at 03:17 AM.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Im also wondering how this is going to play it with Kidd coaching basically players the same age as his. Most likely will be a disaster. and whats Rondo going to do?? He was hot when they traded Perkins (on a friend level) but the entire core is gone including the coach I'm sure hes pissed right now.
    i think that Kidd drawing up plays late in a game with Garnett and Pierce is going to go poorly..
    that's like your '1 year older' cousin being your boss at work

AND with Frank (former coach) as Ass't now.. wtf?

"i didn't like you as my boss, so i hired you as my Ass't"*

samrock67
    samrock67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1230

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    didn't anybody pay attention to what the Lakers did last year?

Garnett and Pierce were absolutely great players. "WERE" great. Many years ago.

KG and PP have put up the exact same number since their championship in 2008 with no decline whatsoever.

people need to be more careful with their 1st Rounders..

The Nets first-rounders are very likely to be late first rounders since the Nets will be a top 5 team in the East for a few years. The Nets suck at drafting anyway- only 1 of their last 11 first rounders is still with the team(Lopez).

these GMs get all crazy like they are going to win it all the following year..!?!?
    Kupchak lost his friggin mind in the Nash trade. What a maniac.

The "win-now" mentality has been used over and over again historically throughout all major sports. If it doesn't pan out for the Nets, they'll have 30 mil to work with when KG and PP's contracts are up.

three 1st Rounders for a spent Garnett, and decent Pierce and a washed up Terry??! really?!!?

Again, there's been no decline in productivity from KG and PP. The Nets don't need them to be superstars. Pierce is now a #3 option and the Nets drafted Plumlee to give KG a rest. Not to mention that they still have Blatche and Evans. As for Terry, you're out of your mind...a 3 point threat off the bench who still averages over 10ppg? yea, very washed up...

Nets MUST be joking?> Kidd is about three weeks older than these guys..
    many players do not like to be coached by guys they consider a peer, more than a leader.

Right, we all know how much coaching Spoelstra is doing over in Miami. Frank Vogel is the same age as Kidd. Jacque Vaughn is 38(granted, the Magic suck)

Garnett and Kidd are the same age basically. Kidd hired his former coach as an ass't, (the very same coach he didn't like and had fired when he was a star and had pull).

The Nets were plagued with injuries the year before and they started the season 0-16. What coach WOULDN'T be on the hot seat after a start like that? If Kidd is the one re-hiring him, then clearly he doesn't have any personal beef with him.

Nets look like a circus from the get-go..
    no order, thrown together. The hierarchy is all over the place.

Can't see this working out well.
    looks like a big mess even before it starts

The Nets will easily be a contender for the East. I still think that they sit behind Miami, and possibly Indiana with a healthy Granger. Sure, KG and PP are question marks and no one knows if this team will mesh. But they're certainly going to be good. Very good.

una13ombr
    una13ombr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Typical ratz spewing BS garbage from her mouth once again.. if she don't agree with it then it must be wrong. Lol f\*g

Ratzz

good points, SamRock... i just think that draft picks are more important than players that are good for 1 more season.
    Teams that are carefree with their draft picks. usually miss the playoffs , for many years..

look at the Knicks.. they were careless for years.. and it cost them dearly.

samrock67
    samrock67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1230

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    good points, SamRock... i just think that draft picks are more important than players that are good for 1 more season.
    Teams that are carefree with their draft picks. usually miss the playoffs , for many years..

look at the Knicks.. they were careless for years.. and it cost them dearly.
    The Nets made the playoffs every year from 2001-2007 and they are probably one of the worse drafting teams in recent NBA history. Even if they hadn't made this move, they made the playoffs last year and most probably would have made it again this year. This just solidifies their spot in the playoffs and makes them a short-term major contender. They'll have 30 mil to use on players to fill the shoes of KG and PP if they don't bring a title home in the next 2 seasons, so I think those draft picks were the least of their concerns.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by una13ombr View Post
    Typical ratz spewing BS garbage from her mouth once again.. if she don't agree with it then it must be wrong. Lol f\*g
    lol... i still love that avatar.. "um gonna *** back.. st-won-gah!"*