easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Sixers giving away Holiday and a 2014 first round pick for Noel?

keep hearing this on NBA tv. how does this trade make sense? Holiday was an all star last year and you could make an argument that he is a top 10 guard in the league right now. He just made the all star team last year. On top of this you give away your 2014 first round pick in a draft class thats supposed to be loaded for an uproven and risky guy in Noel? Lets not forget this is a team that took a risk with Bynum and it didn't pay off. Why would you take another risk here and trade away your best player? Hornets got away with robbery if those are the only players that have gotten moved.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

NO

noel and 2014 pick for holiday

makes sense for both teams

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Gonna be one of those trades we won't see the value in for another couple years if Noel stays healthy and they land a quality starter next year as well.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

they also get the 42nd pick tonight id say ballsy move. one more ticket in the wiggins sweepstakes for a team trying to rebuild, carter-williams i doubt will be as good as jrue holliday but noel should be a decent player, he was supposed to be first this year.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Pelicans +12500

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Think Philly gets Noel and NO 2014 1st round pick

NO gets Holliday and 76ers 2nd round pick

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Think the NO 2014 1st rounder is lottery protected...somebody correct me if im wrong.

Like this trade for the Pelicans. Curious to see what they do with Greivius Vasquez.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Think the NO 2014 1st rounder is lottery protected...somebody correct me if im wrong.

Like this trade for the Pelicans. Curious to see what they do with Greivius Vasquez.
    It has to be.....Non lottery protected is suicide with next year's draft talent

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post

They still have room for him Gordon, Jrue, and him the only decent guards on the roster, plus they probably could play all 3 at once for stretches

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    keep hearing this on NBA tv. how does this trade make sense? Holiday was an all star last year and you could make an argument that he is a top 10 guard in the league right now. He just made the all star team last year. On top of this you give away your 2014 first round pick in a draft class thats supposed to be loaded for an uproven and risky guy in Noel? Lets not forget this is a team that took a risk with Bynum and it didn't pay off. Why would you take another risk here and trade away your best player? Hornets got away with robbery if those are the only players that have gotten moved.
    Pelicans with a steal here if they pull this off. 76ers are becoming the new "old" Clippers.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Not Holiday? He's the best pg in NBA according to copy and paste king Philly Flyer.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

its a bad trade regardless. sixers basically saying their gonna tank next year as well and their main goal is a top 5 draft pick. Holiday is a proven star while Noel is a mystery and will become a role player at best with his lack of offense unless he is as good as advertised on defense.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Man, I love Grievas Vasquez. kidd is much improved and better than Holiday. He just got no name recognition, that's all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Hornets could make some noise next year.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Hornets could make some noise next year.
    Shame they can't switch conferences with the Bucks. Wouldn't be much of a scandal geographically and Hornets could easily make the playoffs in the east and be more fun to watch than an 8 seed Bucks or Celtics or some shit. They have a good coach too.

West is tough as nails though. OKC, San Antonio, Clippers, Nuggets are all virtually locks, Grizzlies, Warriors and Rockets look like playoff teams to me too. If Dallas lands Howard or LMA that's your 8th team right there.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I don't trust any move the Sixers make.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    I don't trust any move the Sixers make.
    You don't trust that they blew up the team and hope to suck next year? I think even they can deliver on sucking.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    its a bad trade regardless. sixers basically saying their gonna tank next year as well and their main goal is a top 5 draft pick. Holiday is a proven star while Noel is a mystery and will become a role player at best with his lack of offense unless he is as good as advertised on defense.
    I thought so too at first.My jaw dropped when they said Jrue was involved but its a gamble.If NO is mediocre and the sixers get 2 top 15 picks in next years draft then I can see the potential for huge upside especially if the 76ers are really bad and they get Wiggins.

Of course the other side is NO makes a playoff run and Noel turns out to be Greg Oden.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

yeah i dont understand about vasquez the kid was 3rd in the league in assists and that was WITHOUT gordon and davis for the majority of the year. I guess there gonna trade him and try and get a frontcourt partner for davis and andersen

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

This was a great trade by Philly. The goal is to win championships and they were nowhere remotely close. With the best draft since 2003 coming up next year they mostly likely will have 2 first rounders and have a very exciting core if they land one of the top 2 picks. Also think Noel is going to become a force.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

holiday's overrated anyway, don't the fans choose the all stars? so being an all star doesn't say much to me

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    holiday's overrated anyway, don't the fans choose the all stars? so being an all star doesn't say much to me
    fans only choose the starters

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    You don't trust that they blew up the team and hope to suck next year? I think even they can deliver on sucking.
    thats right, this team is going to suck to the level that no one has ever seen then hopefully cash in on the lottery

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

plus Jrue was the only guy worth a damn on that team

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Good move and risk. Jrue maxed out and was a turnover machine. They were going nowhere with him.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Sixers might win the east next season. They are loaded. Great trade