boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Nets pursuing trade for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce.

The Brooklyn Nets are pursuing a blockbuster deal with the Boston Celtics to acquire future Hall of Famers Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ne...171213145.html

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Celtics better not be the reason this doesn't work. Obviously getting the inferior players but this isn't 2005 anymore and they get 3 1st rounders.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

If I'm the celtics I would make this trade in a heartbeat, especially if Garnett is okay with it. Wallace and Humpries are decent pieces and lets not forget they still have Rondo to build around. Considering how deep next years draft is projected to be nothing wrong with sucking for a year to be better in the longterm.

samrock67
    samrock67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1230

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8966

Terry too

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If you get D. Will Johnson Pierce Garnett on 1 team that team is the 2nd favorite in the east easily.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

deal sounds like its gonna go down

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8966

tanking for Wiggins

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

as a nets fan i dont want those players

by the playoffs in 2014 they will be washed up and dealing with tons of injuries

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

How much do these dinosaurs have left? Both near 40 after logging tons of minutes in reg and post season over the years. Both of these guys would be better served swallowing some pride and taking more of a reserve roll like Ray Allen did with the Heat. These guys cannot give you 38/43 good quality minutes every night and still have enough left to get thru a post season anymore. Pierce's game has always worked despite being slow and ugly but it will only get worse with time and watching him brick enough jump shots to build a new gym this post season my optimism if I were a Nets fan would not be strong.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah i dont know how this would be a blockbuster... maybe 5 years ago

Goat Milk

you guys don't understand. Pierce has always been the first option on the Celts. Always. KG has been the first option for most of his career til he joined PP.

D will is the superstar on the team, JJ is an all star. You have to now understand tthat Pierce is gonna have a huge load taken off him. He's the third option on the team.... that's uncanny for a guy like him.

Plus, if they can keep Lopez...man, as a miami fan, i'm worried. i'm very worried.

All this talk about Tony Parker and best pg's in the league changing every 5 minutes for these analysts. For me, the 2 best PGs in the league for the past 5 years have been Chris Paul and then Derron Williams and everyone else is a notch below.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Celts need to do the deal, fire Ainge after season and bring Larry Legend in to run team in summer of 2014. He'll utilize the picks to build a championship caliber squad.

Ainge sucks more dick than rifelman.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    you guys don't understand. Pierce has always been the first option on the Celts. Always. KG has been the first option for most of his career til he joined PP.

D will is the superstar on the team, JJ is an all star. You have to now understand tthat Pierce is gonna have a huge load taken off him. He's the third option on the team.... that's uncanny for a guy like him.

Plus, if they can keep Lopez...man, as a miami fan, i'm worried. i'm very worried.

All this talk about Tony Parker and best pg's in the league changing every 5 minutes for these analysts. For me, the 2 best PGs in the league for the past 5 years have been Chris Paul and then Derron Williams and everyone else is a notch below.
    Deron top 2 pg in nba? You are a moron.

greenhippo

Game 2 2012 East Finals. Rondo takes a shit on anything Paul or Williams has ever done. Don't give a penetrate about regular season.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As a Nets fan I'm fine with it....We don't have the cap room to make anything better happen, might as well go for it all

KG and Pierce are still good players but there will only be like a 2 year window

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8975

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    As a Nets fan I'm fine with it....We don't have the cap room to make anything better happen, might as well go for it all

KG and Pierce are still good players but there will only be like a 2 year window
    Agree..this is the only real shot at making noise in the east...otherwise they be just like the hawks: always stuck somewhere between the 4-6 seed and lucky to make it out the first round come playoff time.

maxd131
    maxd131's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nets get KG, Pierce, and Terry.. Celtics get Reggie Evans, Gerald Wallace, and a few future picks.

GG celtics.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

when does kidd sign a 10 day contract to be player coach and ultimately end up being their first pg off the bench

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Chris Paul is the most overrated pos in the nba.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Unreal. Terrible move by both sides. A new coach with veteran players almost his age is not going to end well. When this team struggles, the finger pointing will begin. What a fukking circus in NJ!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Unreal. Terrible move by both sides. A new coach with veteran players almost his age is not going to end well. When this team struggles, the finger pointing will begin. What a fukking circus in NJ!
    BK guey

they left nj krakker

samrock67
    samrock67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1230

take it in boys

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Kevin Garnett only playing 27-28 minutes a game will be very effective and be fresh come playoff time. Nets lose Reggie Evans but draft Mason Plumlee to do basically the same thing. Marshon Brooks and Jason Terry off the bench. This team is deep and versatile.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Excited to see this. The only way it could not take place is if the idiot Garnett doesn't waive his no-trade clause. Guy has couple years left at best, why piss it away in Boston, rather than go try to make one last run at a ring.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Deron top 2 pg in nba? You are a moron.
    How not top 2. Best offensive PG by a long stretch in my eyes. Only reason Paul is ahead of him is because what he does on both ends. Williams is a 6'3 220 pound PG with the best 3 point shot for a pg in the nba, you do realize that? 2nd or 3rd best ball handler after CP3 and then maybe Kyrie.

Guy is flat out unstoppable. He took the worst jazz teams to the playoffs every year, WCF a couple years I think? Guy played with no one. No one.

Just look at his numbers. 18 and 9 dimes for a career. Guy is just getting warmed up too. He's gonna average close to 20 and 10 for a CAREER when it's all said and done.

Paul is at 19 and close to 10 dimes I think with 2.5 steals. Next thing your gonna say Paul won't go down as one of the best pg's of all time which is obvious that he will.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Nets are effin' stupid. Garnett and Pierce are over the hill. 3 first round draft picks are gold. Within 2 years they will be worthless for the next decade.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Game 2 2012 East Finals. Rondo takes a shit on anything Paul or Williams has ever done. Don't give a penetrate about regular season.
    Dude you realize Rondo has seen single coverage his entire career because of the big 3 in Boston?? We'll see if the guy ever wins another ring. He has no jump shot to speak of. Sucks on defense. He's a steals guy, nothing more. Rondo's stats for his career are not even worthy of discussing his presence in the top 2 right now.

You comparing Rondo to Paul is simply laughable. Overall, in eight career starts against the Hornets (one game without Paul), Rondo is averaging 11.4 points, 6.1 assists, and 3.6 rebounds over 33.4 minutes per game. His offensive game seems to pick up a bit as he's shot 50 percent (39 of 78) in that span. As for Paul against Boston, in 11 career matchups, he's averaging 16.3 points, 8.9 assists, and 5 rebounds over 35.3 minutes per game.

And that's when Paul was on the shitty Hornets where Boston would probably double team him every chance they got.

Thanks.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Dude you realize Rondo has seen single coverage his entire career because of the big 3 in Boston?? We'll see if the guy ever wins another ring. He has no jump shot to speak of. Sucks on defense. He's a steals guy, nothing more. Rondo's stats for his career are not even worthy of discussing his presence in the top 2 right now.

You comparing Rondo to Paul is simply laughable. Overall, in eight career starts against the Hornets (one game without Paul), Rondo is averaging 11.4 points, 6.1 assists, and 3.6 rebounds over 33.4 minutes per game. His offensive game seems to pick up a bit as he's shot 50 percent (39 of 78) in that span. As for Paul against Boston, in 11 career matchups, he's averaging 16.3 points, 8.9 assists, and 5 rebounds over 35.3 minutes per game.

And that's when Paul was on the shitty Hornets where Boston would probably double team him every chance they got.

Thanks.
    No Thank You

easyliving

How not top 2. Best offensive PG by a long stretch in my eyes. Only reason Paul is ahead of him is because what he does on both ends. Williams is a 6'3 220 pound PG with the best 3 point shot for a pg in the nba, you do realize that? 2nd or 3rd best ball handler after CP3 and then maybe Kyrie.

Guy is flat out unstoppable. He took the worst jazz teams to the playoffs every year, WCF a couple years I think? Guy played with no one. No one.

Just look at his numbers. 18 and 9 dimes for a career. Guy is just getting warmed up too. He's gonna average close to 20 and 10 for a CAREER when it's all said and done.

Paul is at 19 and close to 10 dimes I think with 2.5 steals. Next thing your gonna say Paul won't go down as one of the best pg's of all time which is obvious that he will.
    good post, I'm sick Williams getting no recognition. Guy is a great scorer and distributor of the ball and he is stuck with a bad rep for supposedly getting Sloan fired. You can clearly make a case that he is the 2nd best PG in the league besides Paul and Paul doesn't have any playoff success either and is getting alot of media limelight thanks to the state farm commercials.

easyliving

As far as the trade Boston got a great deal here. Lets not forget before coming to Jersey Wallace was a solid starter, and Humpries had back to back good years until being benched this year.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to be awhile before Boston is relevant again

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Rondo is a better pg than Williams. Was best player on court for numerous series' in playoffs during Celtics good seasons. Williams is a nice player but nothing more. Will never win a ring in BK or anywhere else.

greenhippo

Thanks.
    so you're saying Williams has had a better game than Rondos game 2? How about playoff success? How many playoff triple doubles for Williams? How many all NBA defensive teams has Williams made? Since Rondo sucks at it, Williams must have more than rondos 2 1st teams and 4 overall.

greenhippo

Aren't great players made great in the playoffs? Will Paul ever even make the conference finals?

12 Last