konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Nets are dreaming getting these 2 old guys it wont make them a contender for the title it will just give them some wins

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Goat, no way is Dwill a top 2 PG in this league. Talent wise? Maybe. But just look at his record. The guy was a loser in Utah, couldn't get his team above .500 in NJ/Pre-Brooklyn, and he couldn't get the Nets past the gimpy Bulls in the playoffs (with home-court advantage).

He is awesome to watch and very talented, but he doesn't seem to care much about winning. Half the times I'm watching him he's more concerned with looking "cool" than making the right play.

CP3 is easily the best PG IMO. Guy is a dog. He can flat out ball. He play's defense, can hit the big shot, and best of all he has that pitbul metality on the court. After that I'd still prefer Parker, Westbrook and possibly even Curry over DWill.

DWill is just a loser, just go look at his career. All he does is lose. Oh yeah and he pretty much got Jerry Sloan fired. Jerry fukkn Sloan!

tg09
    tg09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Nets now have a lot of egos for a first year coach to handle. How are Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce going to mesh together? Isn't this basically the older/slower/less athletic version of Lebron/Wade?

samrock67
    samrock67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1230

Lol at all of the idiots who keep saying these dumbass things like...

1) Pierce are Garnett are old- please go ahead, and look up Pierce AND Garnett's stats since 2007, when KG went to Boston. Both players have had consistent stats with zero decline in the last 6 seasons.
    2) Kidd is coaching players his age- this is just absurd. If I started a list of young coaches who have been even moderately successful, we'd be here all day.

This is not a long-term solution. The Nets are working with a 1-2 year window, and if it doesn't work out, who gives a sh*t? You cannot argue that considering the combined salaries for Pierce and Garnett are roughly equal to Wallace and Humphries that this was a great move- what, the Nets should continue paying Dumphries 12 mil to sit his ass on the bench? Right, smart move. Oh, and when it's time for PP and KG to move on, the Nets will have 30 mil cleared up to work with. Yea, this was a TERRIBLE move.

Paul Pierce is now the #3 option on a team...there is no pressure on him WHATSOEVER. The drafting of Plumlee will allow the Nets to preserve KG down the stretch. Him, Blatche AND Evans off the bench for size, rebounding and D, then you have Terry and Mirza. The picks the Nets traded away will likely not be good picks because the Nets will be a good team for a couple of years. The Nets lose nothing in those picks because they suck at drafting anyway- only 1 out of their last 11 first-round picks is still with the team(Lopez).

With Lopez AND KG/Plumlee in the middle it's going to be hard getting anything done in the paint against this team, let alone rebound against them. Size has always been an issue with Miami, and that was very obvious in their inability to stop Hibbert and Duncan. The Nets are going to be a good team, but there is no doubt that with a healthy Granger and Rose, the Pacers and Bulls are right back in the mix.

Team chemistry- I don't see it being an issue. KG and PP have been playing together for a while. Kidd is a very respected player and I think he'll be respected as a coach as well. As to whether this team can mesh well, only time will tell. One of the most interesting things to think about is how many options the Nets have when they need to draw up a game-winning play. Who do you guard?

This team should be very, very good this year and I look forward to watching them.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by samrock67 View Post

1) Pierce are Garnett are old- please go ahead, and look up Pierce AND Garnett's stats since 2007, when KG went to Boston. Both players have had consistent stats with zero decline in the last 6 seasons.
    2) Kidd is coaching players his age- this is just absurd. If I started a list of young coaches who have been even moderately successful, we'd be here all day.

This is not a long-term solution. The Nets are working with a 1-2 year window, and if it doesn't work out, who gives a sh*t? You cannot argue that considering the combined salaries for Pierce and Garnett are roughly equal to Wallace and Humphries that this was a great move- what, the Nets should continue paying Dumphries 12 mil to sit his ass on the bench? Right, smart move. Oh, and when it's time for PP and KG to move on, the Nets will have 30 mil cleared up to work with. Yea, this was a TERRIBLE move.

Paul Pierce is now the #3 option on a team...there is no pressure on him WHATSOEVER. The drafting of Plumlee will allow the Nets to preserve KG down the stretch. Him, Blatche AND Evans off the bench for size, rebounding and D, then you have Terry and Mirza. The picks the Nets traded away will likely not be good picks because the Nets will be a good team for a couple of years. The Nets lose nothing in those picks because they suck at drafting anyway- only 1 out of their last 11 first-round picks is still with the team(Lopez).

With Lopez AND KG/Plumlee in the middle it's going to be hard getting anything done in the paint against this team, let alone rebound against them. Size has always been an issue with Miami, and that was very obvious in their inability to stop Hibbert and Duncan. The Nets are going to be a good team, but there is no doubt that with a healthy Granger and Rose, the Pacers and Bulls are right back in the mix.

Team chemistry- I don't see it being an issue. KG and PP have been playing together for a while. Kidd is a very respected player and I think he'll be respected as a coach as well. As to whether this team can mesh well, only time will tell. One of the most interesting things to think about is how many options the Nets have when they need to draw up a game-winning play. Who do you guard?

This team should be very, very good this year and I look forward to watching them.
    I agree. I think they're going to be tough. Garnett still plays hard and demands the same from his teammates.

Look at the Knicks. They threw various veterans at the problem and look how far they got using the wrong type guys. These players fit better than NY's team.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by samrock67 View Post

Exactly......A small window then who gives a fukk, they will have salary cap space once Garnett and Pierce are gone anyway.......Getting rid of the Wallace contract was a win in itself....

Do they have a much better chance at making noise in the playoffs for the next 2 seasons? Yes

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Exactly......A small window then who gives a fukk, they will have salary cap space once Garnett and Pierce are gone anyway.......Getting rid of the Wallace contract was a win in itself....

Do they have a much better chance at making noise in the playoffs for the next 2 seasons? Yes
    Hopefully they will suck after two years as Celtics have their 2016 and 2018 picks.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Hysterical joke Peter Vecesy wrote about the Celtic trade.....

"The only old and bloated body the Nets didn't get from Boston was that of Mary Joe Kopechne's."

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Aren't great players made great in the playoffs? Will Paul ever even make the conference finals?
    Paul will win a championship before he retires.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Paul will win a championship before he retires.
    Not with Clippers, no way. Only way he may is if he pulls a Ray Allen later on in his career with some team.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

talent does not necessarily = success
    look at the lakers last season
    nets bring in 2 old guys with a lot of miles on their legs
    how readily with they mesh with each other?
    what types of offensive/defensive schemes will they run?
    whos on the bench?? how will jason kidd be as a head coach?
    lots and lots of questions, no answers as of yet

teams that overhaul like that extra need time to build chemistry
    this could take at least the entire next season if at all .....
    dont even know how long pierce or kg want to keep playing

but as an overall assessment, it is a fantastic move
    definately give the nets a better chance to battle the heat

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

If all their old players( including Joe Johnson play the way they did last year they probably win it all but staying healthy and keeping up the level of play is not very likely KG actually played better last year than the last couple, most great players are out of the league by his and Pierce's age.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Miami choked away the nba finals their first year together. or should i say lebron.

boston won it all together in their first year in 2008.

stars of this caliber/veteran leadership usually always mesh together.

nets will be one of the top 3-4 teams in the entire nba. wait and see.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

This thread is fun. It only got worse today as Brooklyn sees it's #1 pick go to Boston.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    This thread is fun. It only got worse today as Brooklyn sees it's #1 pick go to Boston.
    This was the last time an American pulled one over on a Russian. Today it is easily the other way around.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    This was the last time an American pulled one over on a Russian. Today it is easily the other way around.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Might go down as the worst trade in NBA history. Hard to to beat this one. The Harden deal was bad and the Kobe draft day trade were awful but this trade is the worst one I could ever think of. In the NFL, the Cowboys once traded to 1st round picks for Joey Galloway. That was another awful one.

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

How can you be stupid enough to make a trade like this. No one believed the trade would make the Nets a championship team. Nobody. Even if it does, it destroys your infrastructure going forward, five years down the line. You're not getting prime 27 year old guys in a blockbuster deal, you're getting soon to be retired guys.

This is a complete joke that the NBA even allowed something this idiotic to happen. A 2nd grader wouldn't make such a stupid trade.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Might go down as the worst trade in NBA history. Hard to to beat this one. The Harden deal was bad and the Kobe draft day trade were awful but this trade is the worst one I could ever think of. In the NFL, the Cowboys once traded to 1st round picks for Joey Galloway. That was another awful one.
    Until the Celtics win a title or two with a bunch of players obtained in this deal it can't be the worst trade ever. My dad said the Celts getting Parish and McHale for Joe Barry Carol was the biggest swindle he has ever seen in NBA.

Also, looks like I was wrong about Deron Williams winning a ring. He might get one from riding on LeBron's nuts.

And Ainge is still a piece of shit.

First 12