Betpoints: 553

Thu 6/27 409 Shabazz Muhammad drafted first +285
    7:00PM 410 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope drafted first -405
    Pope is a lock to win this one as well

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    First overall? Hmm. See, I thought that - and then the names that follow, like Dieng, simply don't make sense.

Choices like Dieng and Ollynk, but no Oladipo, no Len.... and on top of all that, they have the most juiced prospect as Crabbe?!
    No, it means "head to head" first....

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Don't buy these mocks with Zeller going 11th..12th whatever. This kid is prob the fastest 7 footer I've ever seen. He's def not a back to the basket traditional center...prob more of a power forward but if he gets on a team that runs he'll get 8 pts/game just by beating his guy down the court. I don't know what kind of physical tests they do at NBA combines but he scored off the charts there too. He should've done more at Indiana this year but his production could've been easily improved by 25% with a few simple shot fakes. Rare athleticism for a 7 fter...I think he goes 6th-9th at worst.

Mr Handicapable

Bust pick...taking a shot here with McLemore. Great athlete but the B12 sucked this year. I thought he looked like about the 5th or 6th best player on the court in the Michigan/KU game. Guys like Gerald Green in Indy can hang in dunk contests and shoot 3s but they're still not worth a shit. Another Corey Magette imo

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Jesus, watching this ESPN coverage - they're destroying 'Bazz like Hodge wrecked Tebow.

Goodlord. I agree, but it's shocking to publicly shit on this kid of all kids.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

These kids should stay in college for 2 more years. Draft night should be suspended this year. Oladipo would be the best player in the draft. Noel will be the biggest bust in the draft.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Does no one think McLemore is the best player? I know his agent has caused him to make a bad relationship with teams but that shouldnt matter. The kid is compared to Ray Allen (which is actually a good comparison) not saying he is as good at shooting, but his style is the same. Always running around. Great without the ball in his hands and when he gets it, he scores.

Oladipo would be my next choice. Better with the ball in his hands than McLemore but the Cavs already have Irving who is better than Oladipo with the ball and better than McLemore without the ball. So thats tough. Really like both of these guys though. I can't believe someone on here said he was the Jordan of the draft...If we cant even compare Lebron to Jordan yet then why should we compare a college kid who has played one season haha. But anyway...

I just feel like Noel or Len would be the dumbest picks possible for anywhere in the top 5. They are such a risk. Big men with injuries are iffy and who knows how long it will take Noel to play again. He should be forced to stay another year and play. Its dumb that teams are willing to risk everything on a guy who has played a decent half of a college basketball season and is currently injured.

Last thing to end my rant. Whatever happened to having to PROVE yourself before the draft. In the NFL you have to show that you can play throughout your college career AND have NFL potential. The NBA it seems like all you need is POTENTIAL. There is a reason why the NBA has so many busts everywhere. These kids should be required to at least stay as a sophmore in college or go straight from high school. Not only does it ruin the draft and make it less exciting with a bunch of players no one knows but it also makes college basketball less exciting because you have to root for new players every year and coaches have to recruit differently based on if someone will leave or not after a year

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

51 Nerlens Noel drafted #1 overall -105
    7:00PM 152 Nerlens Noel not drafted #1 overall -135
    Thu 6/27 153 Victor Oladipo drafted #2 overall -160
    7:00PM 154 Victor Oladipo not drafted #2 overall +120

Been looking at this. From what Ive read (mainly espn and sports illustrated, square sites I know) but if Noel is not picked number 1 then the Magic will draft him.

Is there anyway Oladipo goes first, or are the Cavs between Noel, McElmore and Len?

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    51 Nerlens Noel drafted #1 overall <INPUT style="COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); FONT-SIZE: 1em" id=editx size=4 name=M1_0> -105
    7:00PM 152 Nerlens Noel not drafted #1 overall <INPUT style="COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); FONT-SIZE: 1em" id=editx size=4 name=M2_0> -135
    Thu 6/27 153 Victor Oladipo drafted #2 overall <INPUT style="COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); FONT-SIZE: 1em" id=editx size=4 name=M1_1> -160
    7:00PM 154 Victor Oladipo not drafted #2 overall <INPUT style="COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); FONT-SIZE: 1em" id=editx size=4 name=M2_1> +120

Been looking at this. From what Ive read (mainly espn and sports illustrated, square sites I know) but if Noel is not picked number 1 then the Magic will draft him.

Is there anyway Oladipo goes first, or are the Cavs between Noel, McElmore and Len?

I"m an IU grad and love Oladipo but I just don't see all the love? I guess he could be one of the top players in a weak draft but he's not a pure shooter. He can't really play some point like some guards. He's very athletic but no more than 6'4"....he'd get killed trying to guard someone like Paul George. I say a good defender and maybe 12 ppg or something...more of a role player.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

For all the comments that Bennett will be a bust I 100% disagree.Anthony Bennett is the real deal. I am a UNLV student and got to watch him up close and personal. His defensive game is not as bad as advertised. His lack of success had a lot to do with terrible coaching and a complete lack of a scheme that they implemented. Once a coach can get a hold of him and he can buy into the system I think he will be a perfectly fine defender. His offensive game on the other hand was extraordinary in a system where all we did was pick and roll. Now that Bennett is going to get real coaching and be able to be utilized better IMO the sky is the limit. I think its a great pick for them in a draft that didn't really have tons of superstar upside to players.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

imagine that...a unlv student backing the unlv player... he will be okay ... mclemore and burke the 2best players drafted and will make the most impact, imo...minny with a steal at #9... draft, as a whole, sucked

ballahollic2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    imagine that...a unlv student backing the unlv player... he will be okay ... mclemore and burke the 2best players drafted and will make the most impact, imo...minny with a steal at #9... draft, as a whole, sucked
    Yea well not everyone has a bias opinion. Has nothing to do with being a unlv student or not. The kid can play. Just adding a perspective from someone who has seen him play every game this season. Would love to hear why u think he will just be ok rather then trying to make it like i am just bandwagoning and supporting him because he is from my school. IMO he was the most talented person in this draft. I assume most experts who watched him play a handful of games this year would agree he is up there talent wise. Is there a possibility he doesn't succeed? Of course there is...but in a draft where there isn't much superstar talent I would have swung for the fences and taken bennett also because to me he was one of the only guys who could become that. I like Mclemore also but if your going to say Burke is going to be the steal/star of the draft which he may be i'd like to hear why. Both Burke and Bennett have size problems for their position so if your going to nail one i'd like to hear why and also why the other will be the star.
    Last edited by ballahollic2; 06-28-13 at 02:53 AM.

ballahollic2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    False.

Sorry, Shabazz thinks he is a Kobe Bryant clone. That is his mentality. Shoot first, second, third, fourth and fifth. He is also has conditioning issues. His dad is headed to Prison for fraud among other things.

He's Kobe, but about 1/5th of the talent - and that's being ridiculously generous.

He is a chucker. Kind of guy that will torpedo you FG% if he was on your fantasy club.

I think he will have a career in the league, without question - but to compare him to Kevin Durant is insane. Shabazz will likely never have a game as efficient as Durant averages.

Dude was the best player in one of the worst recruiting classes in years. He is living almost exclusivly to he his pre college hype.

100% agree with this also. Shabazz isn't going to flame out of the league like some people are saying. In a lot of ways he was exposed for what he wasn't but at least for him the expectations have died down and hopefully he can just go play basketball. He just unfortunately headed into his freshmen season completely overhyped. IMO he will have a solid career on bad teams. These 2 guys are different players but Monta Ellis was able to do the same thing. Guy has been able to make a career from primarily being a scorer n a bit selfish for a lot of bad teams. I see no reason why Shabazz won't be able to do the same.

And no my kind words for him if u can call them that are not because he is from Las Vegas or because I know him and his family like Raydog will probably claim from me.

raydog

i just thought it was funny to see a kid from unlv backing the guy from unlv... obv. he can play or else he wouldnt have been drafted #1 ... if i have to trust someones word on a player, its never going to be a student at the players university... im not alone thinking that way either... and dont care about who you do or dont know, pal...

burke may the best pure scorer in the draft and outside of playing much bigger than he is and having the best range in college, only morons were worried about his height in the first place...

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Zeller!

raydog

burke trade was good trade for both minny and utah

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Anthony Bennett hands down has the most upside and I'm very confused why he won't be drafted #1. Alex Lin would be my second pick

lkid is sharp

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Coddy Zeller thats da biggest steal.....NOT!

lmfao

ballahollic2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i just thought it was funny to see a kid from unlv backing the guy from unlv... obv. he can play or else he wouldnt have been drafted #1 ... if i have to trust someones word on a player, its never going to be a student at the players university... im not alone thinking that way either... and dont care about who you do or dont know, pal...

burke may the best pure scorer in the draft and outside of playing much bigger than he is and having the best range in college, only morons were worried about his height in the first place...
    I like burke also. I don't think this draft is nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Just was saying if your going to say bennett is just ok wanted to hear a reasoning because if you love burke and don't think height is a problem then whats ur reasoning for bennett. This site is so watered down its tough to have a real conversation with most. All it becomes is he sucks or he is great with no reasoning. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but the quality of posts make it hard to even use SBR because all anyone does is bicker

ballahollic2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

lkid is sharp
    Agreed. Lkid definitely is one of the sharpest on this site all the way around. Quality posts, knowledgeable, sharp handicapper, and a good poker player to boot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    Agreed. Lkid definitely is one of the sharpest on this site all the way around. Quality posts, knowledgeable, sharp handicapper, and a good poker player to boot.
    you had me until this.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I thought Portland cleaned up in the draft. McCollum should be productive right away. I thought he was one of the better players in this draft. I think Portland will use him as instant offense off the bench (kind of like a Jason Terry). Allen Crabbe can flat out shoot and score the ball as well. Withey is a solid 2nd round pick, he should be a productive back up Center in the NBA. He can rebound and protect the rim, everything you need from a backup C.

Based on Portland's draft, looks like they may be trying to build a high tempo scoring offense somewhat like the Warriors.

ballahollic2
    Update your status

[QUOTE=ballahollic2;19019304]100% agree with this also. Shabazz isn't going to flame out of the league like some people are saying. In a lot of ways he was exposed for what he wasn't but at least for him the expectations have died down and hopefully he can just go play basketball. He just unfortunately headed into his freshmen season completely overhyped.

Well overhyped wasn't the right wording I was going for there. He just had ungodly expectations to live up to that no one could achieve. Overhyped in the sense of not being god like he was portrayed to be.(Who really has lived up to that insane billing besides lebron?) If this draft class is supposed to be so weak on paper then I don't really get why you wouldn't take a chance on someone like Shabazz who has more upside then pretty much anyone else if he can just buy into the system. I think the T-wolves are the perfect fit for him. Rubio can create opportunities for him to have great success. He maybe was exposed for not passing the ball enough(which we all knew he liked to score...I don't get why everyone is just realizing the lack of passing), the rebounding numbers look bad and he could have sharpened up his ball handling skills but the kid can score. Scoring is something that translates well from one level to the next IMO. The only reason why I said bad teams is because Shabazz likes to be in charge out there and the star from what I can tell. I find his game to be similar to James Harden. I think for better or worse Harden has the same issue at times. He was able to be ok in OKC because they let him take control of the 2nd team out there but its a tough spot to tell a scorer to be a team player also.
    Last edited by ballahollic2; 07-10-13 at 03:41 AM.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

[QUOTE=ballahollic2;19107284]
    Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    100% agree with this also. Shabazz isn't going to flame out of the league like some people are saying. In a lot of ways he was exposed for what he wasn't but at least for him the expectations have died down and hopefully he can just go play basketball. He just unfortunately headed into his freshmen season completely overhyped.

Well overhyped wasn't the right wording I was going for there. He just had ungodly expectations to live up to that no one could achieve. Overhyped in the sense of not being god like he was portrayed to be.(Who really has lived up to that insane billing besides lebron?) If this draft class is supposed to be so weak on paper then I don't really get why you wouldn't take a chance on someone like Shabazz who has more upside then pretty much anyone else if he can just buy into the system. I think the T-wolves are the perfect fit for him. Rubio can create opportunities for him to have great success. He maybe was exposed for not passing the ball enough(which we all knew he liked to score...I don't get why everyone is just realizing the lack of passing), the rebounding numbers look bad and he could have sharpened up his ball handling skills but the kid can score. Scoring is something that translates well from one level to the next IMO. The only reason why I said bad teams is because Shabazz likes to be in charge out there and the star from what I can tell. I find his game to be similar to James Harden. I think for better or worse Harden has the same issue at times. He was able to be ok in OKC because they let him take control of the 2nd team out there but its a tough spot to tell a scorer to be a team player also.
    I wildly disagree with this, but everyone has opinions, and he's far from busted yet.

The only similarity between 'Bazz, and quite possibly the best SG in basketball (And I really hate saying that), is that coming out of college, they could really only go one way. Harden has obviously fixed that. Bazz needs to put in work, or everyone is going to be making him go right.

Harden was pretty efficient for a SG, Bazz is a chucker who needs/demands 15 to 20 shots per game.

He is as likely to be the next Harden, as he is to eat himself out of the league. (less than 5%, by my random estimations).

First 12