pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Reading this site is like...

...living in an apartment overlooking skid row. You watch all the bums drink and fight and holler incoherently, laughing like hyenas as if anything they have to say is funny or getting angry and threatening mayhem as if anything they talk about is worth getting angry over.

You got the posers who for some cryptic reason want to try to fool others (and maybe even themselves) into thinking they are the second coming of Nostradamus. And the fanboys who think God invented betting so that they could prove their loyalty to their favorite player, or their favorite team. And the general meatheads who struggle to spell their own names correctly. (You can never tell if they are misspelling curse words to avoid the censor, or if that is how they actually spell them.)

And lets not forget the philosophers who want to discuss whether Jordan got on the team bus more athletically than Lebron ever could. (I guess they somehow base their bets on the answers to such questions.)

And the conspiracy theorists. If they lose money, there is no possibility that they made a bad bet. They don't make bad bets. The games must be rigged.

There has to be a better site, but those sites are probably kept secret so all the folks on this site don't get onto them and ruin them. Until I find one of those sites, I keep reading this one for that occasional scrap of intelligent thought that shows up maybe once in every 200th post. But even the sharp posters can be tough to spot because they are forced to lower the level of their discourse to avoid alienating too many meatheads.

For this past season, thanks to those few guys who posted something actually worth reading in an NBA betting forum. Good luck!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rake922

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
    There has to be a better site, but those sites are probably kept secret so all the folks on this site don't get onto them and ruin them. Until I find one of those sites, I keep reading this one for that occasional scrap of intelligent thought that shows up maybe once in every 200th post. But even the sharp posters can be tough to spot because they are forced to lower the level of their discourse to avoid alienating too many meatheads.
    Hang in there. One day you'll get a message from the sharps inviting you to join them at the virtual Galt'sGulch and leave SBR behind to rot.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Good post and pretty accurate. It has gone downhill a bunch from a few years ago. Don't know why I'm still here other than to compare lines or something. Its a bunch of silliness from kids that prob aren't betting 20 bucks on the games they claim to know so much about. I try to help....had some big years on here with football but its not worth it. I took Indy +800 and SA +170 to win it all b4 gm 7 Miami/Indy. I lost...should've won but its only $300 and shit happens.

Truth is...most gamblers are immature to a certain extent and many are compulsive losers that don't like themselves and secretly want to lose. I'm not ashamed to say I've been in GA before and had to learn the hard way. Follow advice from gamblers at this site (or any site like this) at your own risk.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Hey pip2, maybe you should go tout you little bitch.

pip2

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Hey pip2, maybe you should go tout you little bitch.
    thanks meathead...

pip2

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Hang in there. One day you'll get a message from the sharps inviting you to join them at the virtual Galt'sGulch and leave SBR behind to rot.
    Heh! Yep and that buxom blond beauty in my neighborhood might tell me she's got to have me. You never know...

pip2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Good post and pretty accurate. It has gone downhill a bunch from a few years ago. Don't know why I'm still here other than to compare lines or something. Its a bunch of silliness from kids that prob aren't betting 20 bucks on the games they claim to know so much about. I try to help....had some big years on here with football but its not worth it. I took Indy +800 and SA +170 to win it all b4 gm 7 Miami/Indy. I lost...should've won but its only $300 and shit happens.

Truth is...most gamblers are immature to a certain extent and many are compulsive losers that don't like themselves and secretly want to lose. I'm not ashamed to say I've been in GA before and had to learn the hard way. Follow advice from gamblers at this site (or any site like this) at your own risk.
    Good points. It's not like gamblers were ever considered the salt of the earth to begin with. But I know I've run into a fairly classy one here and there...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    No one wants to lose money,come on know.