wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Hypothetically Speaking...Lebron...

Say Lebron James drop 40 points tonight, win the finals MVP and win his second NBA FINALS.

How do you rank him vs Kobe? I wont say Michael Jordan because he is another class of his own.

Kobe couldnt have won his first three rings without Shaq. Shaq Dominated in the 2000 2001 and 2003 finals. When Shaq didnt dominate to the extent that he did the previous finals appearances, in 2004, Kobe couldn't get a ring that year. He needed Shaq for those first three. Kobe cried to get the Spaniard Pao Gasol to the Lakers. Pao didn't put up Shaq Numbers in the 2009 and 2010 finals so i attribute both those finals victories solely to Kobe Bryant.

Now for Lebron James; we all know he couldnt do it Cleveland so he came to the heat alongside DWADE.
    Lebron Won the finals MVP and outshined Wade in the Playoffs and Final.

Considering all of this and Lebron wins another finals Mvp tying Kobe with 2 and sealing the deal for his second ring. I dont think you guys are able to make a good case that Kobe> Lebron anymore.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Say Lebron James drop 40 points tonight, win the finals MVP and win his second NBA FINALS.

How do you rank him vs Kobe? I wont say Michael Jordan because he is another class of his own.

Kobe couldnt have won his first three rings without Shaq. Shaq Dominated in the 2000 2001 and 2003 finals. When Shaq didnt dominate to the extent that he did the previous finals appearances, in 2004, Kobe couldn't get a ring that year. He needed Shaq for those first three. Kobe cried to get the Spaniard Pao Gasol to the Lakers. Pao didn't put up Shaq Numbers in the 2009 and 2010 finals so i attribute both those finals victories solely to Kobe Bryant.

Now for Lebron James; we all know he couldnt do it Cleveland so he came to the heat alongside DWADE.

Considering all of this and Lebron wins another finals Mvp tying Kobe with 2 and sealing the deal for his second ring. I dont think you guys are able to make a good case that Kobe> Lebron anymore.
    How can you say all the "Kobe can't do it without Shaq" then give credit to Lebron when he had to get the big 3 together to get it done? Team game and Kobe was a HUGE part of the championships with Shaq. LeBron would have to catch Kobe in number of rings (or maybe get within one) for him to be in the same conversation. LeBron is a better athlete than Kobe but he is nowhere close to the shooter that Kobe is/was. Kobe also loved the crunch time (last 2 minutes of the game) where LeBron tends to shy away.

LeBron still has a lot of career left and there is no doubt in my mind that he can catch/surpass Kobe if he keeps this up. BUT, at this point in his career, he is not greater than Kobe.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

who cares man. take this shit to the saloon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SmAK

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    who cares man. take this shit to the saloon.
    Hell yeah!

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Here is how I see it, put kobe(in his prime)on that cavs team that lebron took to the finals and lost to the spurs. Kobe would proll have averaged over 40 points a game but they would have been lucky to make it to the conference finals. Kobe has a slight advantage offensively but lebron has too many other intangibles and simply put makes his team better, therfore I take lbj over kobe. Put lebron on all those laker teams that won chips with kobe and they still win.

una13ombr
    una13ombr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Kobe took Pau Gasol who never won a NBA playoff game in his life, and odom and bynum who have fallen off the map (each for seperate reasons) and won 2 out of 3 NBA Championships. This thread is stupid, as your argument. Lebron gets all the glory if he wins 2 out of 3 with the stacked heat squad.. but Kobe zero credit for winning with shaq? Ignorance at its finest. If Lebron loses tonight he will be 1 in 4.. let that sink in. Also still not sure how him being 2 in 4 if he wins puts him above Kobe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Here is how I see it, put kobe(in his prime)on that cavs team that lebron took to the finals and lost to the spurs. Kobe would proll have averaged over 40 points a game but they would have been lucky to make it to the conference finals. Kobe has a slight advantage offensively but lebron has too many other intangibles and simply put makes his team better, therfore I take lbj over kobe. Put lebron on all those laker teams that won chips with kobe and they still win.
    same thing. You say "put lebron on all those laker teams that won chips with kobe and they still win". You use one example of LeBron losing in the finals and determine kobe could not have won with that team either (which I don't necessarily disagree with). But you don't bring up the question of "what if Kobe were in his prime and on the same team LeBron has had the last 3 years?". I definitely think the Heat would have still won the chip last year with Kobe (in his prime) instead of LeBron.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Only if he takes off his headband.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Lebron is expected to win the NBA playoffs before the season even starts; I don't think anybody has had that much pressure in the NBA in the past. He is doomed to fail, or given a shrug of 'oh well he should have won it'

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Lebron is expected to win the NBA playoffs before the season even starts; I don't think anybody has had that much pressure in the NBA in the past. He is doomed to fail, or given a shrug of 'oh well he should have won it'
    I agree with this. No player has ever had this much pressure on them. For the most part I respect how well he has handled it.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by una13ombr View Post
    Kobe took Pau Gasol who never won a NBA playoff game in his life, and odom and bynum who have fallen off the map (each for seperate reasons) and won 2 out of 3 NBA Championships. This thread is stupid, as your argument. Lebron gets all the glory if he wins 2 out of 3 with the stacked heat squad.. but Kobe zero credit for winning with shaq? Ignorance at its finest. If Lebron loses tonight he will be 1 in 4.. let that sink in. Also still not sure how him being 2 in 4 if he wins puts him above Kobe.
    Shaq was the best player when they win titles. Lebron has been the best player on the heat. That's the big difference.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave jsmithj88 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

una13ombr
    una13ombr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    Shaq was the best player when they win titles. Lebron has been the best player on the heat. That's the big difference.
    Kobe won 2 without Shaq and Kobe was clearly the best player. Doesn't back up your argument at all

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

magic johnson is in a class ahead of MJ with bill russell and maybe 1 or 2 others

wikkidinsane

Exactly

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Some real dolts in this thread. When Kobe/Shaq were winning rings together the West was way better than the East. Kobe was the DIFFERENCE in winning the Western Conference Finals..........outplayed Shaq. Shaq took over once the Lakers were in the finals and in cruise control.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

he should be 1 out of 4 right now... no game 7 tonight... his shitty late game turnovers and 1 out of 3 on 3's... just too bad the Heat had to get those offensive rebs and Spurs didn't foul and Spurs didn't make their free throws... son of a bitch

wikkidinsane

you haters will be even more pissed tonight

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

you haters will be even more pissed tonight
    10 more mins baby!!!

wikkidinsane

Lebron > kobe

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Damn wikkid you almost called this performance to a fukking T. Nice job.

With that said, it's easy to have the "What have you done for me lately" attitude. It will be more accurate and precise to compare their careers after they're both over b right now I'd say Lebron is obviously better than a much older Kobe but Kobe has had the better overall career.

if Lebron stays healthy and has a long career, I think he will go down as the best player ever to play the game.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

This says it all right there.

wikkidinsane

preach

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    I agree with this. No player has ever had this much pressure on them. For the most part I respect how well he has handled it.
    He made his own bed. I have no pity for him. I don't respect someone doing something that is expected of them. He still has aweful handlers. His recent entire take on flopping shows you how he still DOESN'T get it.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!