SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I would like to talk about the great games Jordan had facing Finals elimination...

... I would like to, but Jordan never faced elimination in the Finals.

Please quit trying to say Lebron is the greatest. Thank you.
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave SportsPedagogy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkhat gave SportsPedagogy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raidersfan gave SportsPedagogy 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I think when most people refer to him as the greatest it is simply for his era or generation which he is. As for the MJ/ Bron comparisons well..

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    ... I would like to, but Jordan never faced elimination in the Finals.

Please quit trying to say Lebron is the greatest. Thank you.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The Pistons owned Jordan's Bulls for several years. The Pacers almost beat the Bulls in '98. The Bulls and Knicks had some close series. If Jordan doesn't push off Byron Scott the series goes 7 games.

Nearly everyone loses playoff series. Yea MJ is the greatest, but Lebron is pretty damn good too.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Byron russel not scott. He took russel to rhe hole previous play he woulda done it again.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Lebrick will be forever remembered as disappearing in the final 2 minutes of every quarter.

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

This doesnt mean shit. Being the best doesnt make you win finals. You have to have a good team, and right now Lebron doesnt. Im not saying hes better than MJ, but id love to see MJ doing what he did with the Cavs. Stop with this non sense comparisons

salvador_7764
    salvador_7764's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 415

All I can tell you guys is that LJ wanted to be like mike.LJ went to build a team in south beach and they have all superstar,Michael didn't have that.In fact if Jordan didn't retire he would have tons of championship ring.

mbs4
    mbs4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4546

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Byron russel not scott. He took russel to rhe hole previous play he woulda done it again.
    Bryon Russell not Byron russel.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by mbs4 View Post
    Bryon Russell not Byron russel.

Yea...well...we know who it was. I was looking through some old 90's teams and saw Scott's name on there...brain fart

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonrc24 View Post
    This doesnt mean shit. Being the best doesnt make you win finals. You have to have a good team, and right now Lebron doesnt. Im not saying hes better than MJ, but id love to see MJ doing what he did with the Cavs. Stop with this non sense comparisons
    Lebron doesn't have a good team around him ?

His bench is Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller and Chris Anderson.

He has Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade to play along with him.

What more do you need ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney, and frogsrangers

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

You are just looking at name tags which is amateur. The Angels have a LOADED line-up on paper and so do the Dodgers and Jays how is that working out? Bosh has mostly been a no show, Wade is very hit and miss but mostly the latter at probably 70% due to injury, Ray Allen is old, comes off the bench, and Mr. 90% has even been struggling at the charity stripe. Again Anderson been kinda hit and miss but he is not a scorer, Spoelstra just realized a few games back oh yeah Mike Miller maybe he would work, Battier, Chalmers all these guys are sporadic at best and out of the big 3 there is currently on 1 that can be trusted! Just remember the best team on paper does not always pan out or can hit rough spots, and ecs in the post season it's all about who gets hot at the right time. Spurs were pretty bad down the stretch and got hot at the right time which we have witnessed in all sports recently with crowned champs like Cards, NY Giants, Ravens etc. People need to get off Bron's dikk and start giving Spurs some credit. They have 3 hof's as well , better coach, and just as good if not better team and system!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 06-19-13 at 05:23 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nelsonrc24

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Lebron doesn't have a good team around him ?

His bench is Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller and Chris Anderson.

He has Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade to play along with him.

What more do you need ?
    Look up the playoff history for Bosh and Wade from 2007-2010. They were losing in the 1st round or missing the playoffs in the weak-ass Eastern conference while James was at least leading the Cavs past the 1st round.

Carmelo had more 1st round wins over that span than these two so-called "superstars". Neither of them is close to the type of player Pippen was. I would take Rodman and Pippen over these two in a heartbeat.

Jordan did have some bad games in the 1996 Finals, going 5-19 and 6-19 two of those games. Yeah, yeah, not close out games but Jordan was human. He wasn't some sort of God that could take on a team and win on his own.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

He missed more than 50% of his shots.

He sucks.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Lebron is lucky that there even is a game 7.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Jordan is behind Magic and bill russell for best player ever and likely a few others as well