t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Best NBA Game of all time?

When you take the magnitude of it into consideration?

Game itself was insane. Add to it that it's an elimination game, NBA Finals, some of the best players of all time out there on the court, Heat trying to start a dynasty while another dynasty is looking for one final Championship.

This game is up there.
    Points Awarded:

thewhiteguy gave t-wizzle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NYSportsGuy210 gave t-wizzle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Nah..

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

best one in a while

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

best game of the series for sure. how could game 7 beat this.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Nah..
    Great game tonight! Name some others that were better. I will start with Game 7 1988 Lakers vs. Pistons.

t-wizzle

I'm a young guy. Never got to watch those 80s games. All I know is that this one is up there in my lifetime. Trying to think of a better game.

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

​Greatest game of all time

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched :20 of it to see Ray Allen hit a three. That's all I watched of the entire series because the NBA in general bores the shit out of me now and this series has been terrible outside of Game 1 and Game 6.

Pretty sure some of the Lakers-Celtics games in the Magic-Bird era were a lot better than this. The Magic Junior Sky Hook game comes to mind.

Some of those Lakers-Celtics series in the mid 80s beat three seasons of today's NBA combined.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This series is just so unpredictable. This was the first game where all players left everything on the floor. Lebron may choke a time or two but when down 13 he willed his team back in the game.

Some of the Jordan games where good to but only because he hit the game winner. Don't think Lebron will ever hit a game winner like Jordan did.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

As they arrived at the Delta Center for Game 6, things didn't look good for the Bulls. Scottie Pippen, whose back was already injured going into the game, aggravated his injury when he dunked the opening basket of the game. He scored only 8 points the entire game. To keep pace with Utah, the Bulls were forced to rely almost entirely on Jordan, who scored 23 points in the first half. Emotions ran high at the Delta Center when the Jazz discovered problems of their own when they suffered a couple of shot clock violations. TV replays showed that the ball was out of Howard Eisley's hands before the shot clock hit zero and referee Dick Bavetta missed the call. The Bulls behind Jordan tied the game with a minute left. The Bulls then received a jolt as John Stockton hit a clutch 3 with 41.9 seconds left to give Utah an 86-83 lead and send the Delta Center into a frenzy.

After Michael Jordan made a layup to make it 86–85, the Bulls needed to stop the Jazz from scoring again. When John Stockton passed the ball to Karl Malone, Michael Jordan stole the ball away and dribbled to the front. Guarding him was Bryon Russell, one of the Jazz's best perimeter defenders. Jordan drove inside the 3-point line and hit a 20-footer to give the Bulls an 87-86 lead with 5.2 seconds left. After a time-out, Stockton's 3-point attempt rattled out, giving the Bulls their sixth NBA title in 8 years. Jordan, who scored 45 points, and whose game-winning shot has been immortalized around the world, was named Finals MVP.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

One of them not sure how to determine the greatest other than by an electoral vote but I would put it as one of the best games of my life time.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    As they arrived at the Delta Center for Game 6, things didn't look good for the Bulls. Scottie Pippen, whose back was already injured going into the game, aggravated his injury when he dunked the opening basket of the game. He scored only 8 points the entire game. To keep pace with Utah, the Bulls were forced to rely almost entirely on Jordan, who scored 23 points in the first half. Emotions ran high at the Delta Center when the Jazz discovered problems of their own when they suffered a couple of shot clock violations. TV replays showed that the ball was out of Howard Eisley's hands before the shot clock hit zero and referee Dick Bavetta missed the call. The Bulls behind Jordan tied the game with a minute left. The Bulls then received a jolt as John Stockton hit a clutch 3 with 41.9 seconds left to give Utah an 86-83 lead and send the Delta Center into a frenzy.

After Michael Jordan made a layup to make it 86–85, the Bulls needed to stop the Jazz from scoring again. When John Stockton passed the ball to Karl Malone, Michael Jordan stole the ball away and dribbled to the front. Guarding him was Bryon Russell, one of the Jazz's best perimeter defenders. Jordan drove inside the 3-point line and hit a 20-footer to give the Bulls an 87-86 lead with 5.2 seconds left. After a time-out, Stockton's 3-point attempt rattled out, giving the Bulls their sixth NBA title in 8 years. Jordan, who scored 45 points, and whose game-winning shot has been immortalized around the world, was named Finals MVP.

Yea I remember it. Wasn't the greatest game. Just the greatest picture in NBA history when Jordan made that final shot.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I watched :20 of it to see Ray Allen hit a three. That's all I watched of the entire series because the NBA in general bores the shit out of me now and this series has been terrible outside of Game 1 and Game 6.

Pretty sure some of the Lakers-Celtics games in the Magic-Bird era were a lot better than this. The Magic Junior Sky Hook game comes to mind.

Some of those Lakers-Celtics series in the mid 80s beat three seasons of today's NBA combined.
    We must come from same generation because I couldn't agree more with that entire statement. The NBA of today is such a bad product I don't know how anyone can watch this league consistently.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Definitely this

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Yea I remember it. Wasn't the greatest game. Just the greatest picture in NBA history when Jordan made that final shot.
    lol yeah ok

keep in mind im trying to understand the window for best game of "all time" since 80's apparently isnt allowed

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

i kind of agree because the ebb and flow of this game was ridiculous. heat looked dead in the water then james got his headband knocked off and it was on after that. but what makes the bulls game better was they won the championship on that mj stepback. some call it a pushoff...i don't agree but that is some classic shit.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

In regulation this was a somewhat similair situation to Jordan's dilemma in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals.

Jordan 3 down with about 40 seconds left in the game
    Lebron Down 2 with 50 seconds left.

Jordan did what he did we all know
    Lebron turned the ball over twice. Spurs went up by 5

Spurs had 4 opportunities to win this game in the last 28 seconds. The shot 4 free throws and only made 2( 2 chances) and then they gave up 2 offensive rebounds that led to two 3-pointers. Sickening as a Spurs fan. To me this is worse than Game 7 of the 2006 WCF where spurs were up 2 with a few seconds left and Ginobli fouled Dirk driving to the hoop for an And-1 that sent it to overtime and the spurs lost.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

id imagine bill russells last game may have been better

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Best game I ever seen, second being MJ last game 6 finals gainst Utah in 1998.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Game for the ages

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

This game was only entertaining because of how comical the officiating was and how horrible each team played with possessions. The actual quality of gameplay was pretty fukking terrible. Looked like a goddamn WNBA game at times.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    This series is just so unpredictable. This was the first game where all players left everything on the floor. Lebron may choke a time or two but when down 13 he willed his team back in the game.

Some of the Jordan games where good to but only because he hit the game winner. Don't think Lebron will ever hit a game winner like Jordan did.
    Predictable? yeah would you be saying that if ray allen's 3 bricked another 2 inches left? They aren't robots taking shots. Appreciate the athleticism, or go back to college world series of baseball where players eat hot dogs and drink beer during games.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

You just told us you never watch the sport... No one cares about your opinion

Goat Milk

Here's how I saw it play out:

Bron brings his team back

Miami chokes away a small lead with a couple minutes left.

Tony Parker ties the game with under a minute left on a sick step back fadeaway 3 over lebron.

Chalmers chokes. Stolen by Parker.

Parker comes right back at Chalmers again. Got the layin.

Lebron, down 2, tries to make play. STOLEN.

Ginobli hits 2/2.

James melts down in the pressure, stolen again. weak lob pass to bosh.

Ginobli hits 1/2

Spurs up 5.

In the timeout, they freeze on Lebron's expression. The guy is literally about to cry. You can see it all on his face. 1/4 in the finals. His legacy literally crushed. 1/3 in the finals you can recover from. Kobe's lost 2, been to 7. Going 1/4 in the finals and 3 of them having Wade and Bosh?

James for 3 out of the timeout. Brick. WAyyyyy off. Not even on the rim. Rebound Spurs, game over right?

Rebound Mike Miller. James again for 3 from the same spot. Got it.

Looked like he was about to cry to now having hope.

They foul. Leonard gets nervous. Only makes 1/2.

Miami down 3. No timeouts. They push it down. Lebron for 3 with 7 seconds left? No good. Rebound Bosh in traffic. Kicks it to Ray Allen.

Allen, now with 6 seconds left, with James wanting the ball again, Allen knew that Bron was nervous. He and the Celtics did it to Bron all the time. Because of his performances against BOS late in the 4th, that's when ppl started calling him a choker. Allen, understanding lebron was receding into his shell, said fukk this, i'm shooting this fukkin 3.

GOT EM!

A good overtime too, a little sloppy down the stretch, but the refs were really letting them play. Was very physical in the last 2 min of overtime but the rest of the game seemed to favor the spurs to be honest.

ramones951

Ray Allen is just the fukkin man

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Tony Parker ties the game with under a minute left on a sick step back fadeaway 3 over lebron.

Ginobli hits 2/2.

Ginobli hits 1/2

Spurs up 5.

In the timeout, they freeze on Lebron's expression. The guy is literally about to cry. You can see it all on his face. 1/4 in the finals. His legacy literally crushed. 1/3 in the finals you can recover from. Kobe's lost 2, been to 7. Going 1/4 in the finals and 3 of them having Wade and Bosh?

James for 3 out of the timeout. Brick. WAyyyyy off. Not even on the rim. Rebound Spurs, game over right?

Miami down 3. No timeouts. They push it down. Lebron for 3 with 7 seconds left? No good. Rebound Bosh in traffic. Kicks it to Ray Allen.

Allen, now with 6 seconds left, with James wanting the ball again, Allen knew that Bron was nervous. He and the Celtics did it to Bron all the time. Because of his performances against BOS late in the 4th, that's when ppl started calling him a choker. Allen, understanding lebron was receding into his shell, said fukk this, i'm shooting this fukkin 3.

GOT EM!

A good overtime too, a little sloppy down the stretch, but the refs were really letting them play. Was very physical in the last 2 min of overtime but the rest of the game seemed to favor the spurs to be honest.
    Agreed 100%. Good write up GOAT. Im a Spurs fan and am disgusted by the end of this game and the many chances in the last 28 seconds the spurs had to win this game. I think Miami will probably take it fairly easily in Game 7. Not a huge win i think Miami will lead by 6-12 points most of the game and the Spurs will never quite be there. Hard to Imagine Duncan and Leonard playing that well again.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I'm a young guy. Never got to watch those 80s games. All I know is that this one is up there in my lifetime. Trying to think of a better game.

They are all on youtube. I'm 25 and I've seen quite a few of them

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Agreed 100%. Good write up GOAT. Im a Spurs fan and am disgusted by the end of this game and the many chances in the last 28 seconds the spurs had to win this game. I think Miami will probably take it fairly easily in Game 7. Not a huge win i think Miami will lead by 6-12 points most of the game and the Spurs will never quite be there. Hard to Imagine Duncan and Leonard playing that well again.
    Duncan crushed MIA tonight. Parker could play better but now he's dealing with the defense of Lebron for long stretches. I really can't believe the Spurs lost. The reason why I thought it was over pretty much though is because I saw that same look on Lebron's face when he lost to BOS those years and Dallas. Like he was just a sad boy again waiting for this nightmare to end.

The moment I really thought it was over though was when Lebron missed that first 3 out of the timeout down 5. I though Spurs get the board, foul again, down 6 or 7. You're done.

Instead when he hits that 3 and they go down 2 everything changes at that point. I knew Leonard would not ice the game. The nerves were palpable, his eyes welled up in fear.

That 3 really was unbelievable. It's funny because yesterday I was talking to Ralphie and he said I don't know what I'm talking about with MIA being a top 5 all time dynasty. And one of the first things I said is which other championship team has a threat like Ray Allen coming off their bench when backing up a much superior player. And I couldn't even think of one. Giniobli, McHale don't really count because they weren't backing up superior players at that position.

That shot by Ray Allen -- in a long career of clutch shots -- is WITHOUT A DOUBT -- the greatest shot in his career. Unreal.

Good luck game 7 boss, I think we got you.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post

you're wrong. they win outright and by more than 5. As a spurs fan you should not give up hope. leonard, green, and ginobili didn't show up to play

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    you're wrong. they win outright and by more than 5. As a spurs fan you should not give up hope. leonard, green, and ginobili didn't show up to play
    Leonard had his best game of the series are you on coke?? Of course as a Spurs fan i want, hope, and pray they win. But im entitled to a opinion on the outcome.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Reggie's comeback in the 1995 Eastern Conference Finals was more entertaining. Agree with people saying the NBA has made an unwatchable product. I was flipping back to watch the Dbacks/Marlins...that's how riveting this game was

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Correct me if I'm wrong but no team in the history of the NBA as a road team has won game 7 after being up 3-2 in the finals as the road team trying to win game 7 on the road since the 2-3-2 format was implemented back in 1985.

Not saying San Antonio can't do it but you can't like those odds. Basically with :15 left in regulation you have to call time out if you're San Antonio to get Parker in the game and not let Ginobli travel thinking he is an. NFL running back with no jump shot if you're gonna close out the Heat and take this series. spurs blew it big time right there.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but no team in the history of the NBA as a road team has won game 7 after being up 3-2 in the finals as the road team trying to win game 7 on the road since the 2-3-2 format was implemented back in 1985.

Not saying San Antonio can't do it but you can't like those odds. Basically with :15 left in regulation you have to call time out if you're San Antonio to get Parker in the game and not let Ginobli travel thinking he is an. NFL running back with no jump shot if you're gonna close out the Heat and take this series. spurs blew it big time right there.
    Boston almost did it in 2010. Up 3-2. Get blown out game 6. Leading for 42 of 48 minutes in game 7. End up losing by 4 in a heartbreaker.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Ginobli hits 2/2.

Ginobli hits 1/2

Spurs up 5.

GOT EM!

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Seriously wtf was up with the refs. I figured worst case scenario, we get 50/50 officiating, if we're lucky, refs give the favourable calls to Miami. But no, it looked like Miami was up 3-2 and refs were trying to force a game 7 for Spurs out there

Not very into conspiracy theories, and esp in this case can't imagine why it would even be rigged for Spurs. So it may be safe to say that the officials were just plain and simple stupid at their job.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

best game in a long time. refs didn't ruin the game, i loved how they let lebron flop and whine for calls several times. and the lead changed several times in the 4th Q. cannot miss those freethrows and allow those miracle 3's to happen if you're the spurs, but wow what a game. loved the direction the refereeing is going, which is letting them play.

12 Last