GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP
    GoldGlove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Spurs +7 looks easy

Everyone and their grandmas will be on the Heat -7 "must win, LeBron will go Superman + Batman + Spiderman mode and will take care of biz" etc etc, you know the drill.

So, please go ahead and bet on Miami -7 but remember, they DON'T NEED to win by 7+, they need to win by at least 1 point.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

bet your life on it then
    Points Awarded:

Sick_in_the_Head gave GoBlue77 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

books are telling you something about this game by setting the line at 7.

whether you decide to listen or not is your choice. books lose sometimes too.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    books are telling you something about this game by setting the line at 7.

whether you decide to listen or not is your choice. books lose sometimes too.
    Maybe. But the line is set so high because let's face it, the average Joe will be ALL OVER Miami because it's a must win game. So they'll attract a shit-load of Miami money but in the same time the sharps (and i'm not a sharp by any means) will jump on the Spurs because 7 points are 7 points and this Spurs team showed they can beat Miami without a problem. Duncan can score against Bosh anytime he wants, Parker is extremly good, Green is setting records right now and Manu can deliver HUGE performances on any given day. These teams are too evenly matched to think either of them is a lock to cover the 7, but i'm much more confortable getting 7 points with a team that won't have so much pressure on its shoulders.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by GoldGlove View Post
    Maybe. But the line is set so high because let's face it, the average Joe will be ALL OVER Miami because it's a must win game. So they'll attract a shit-load of Miami money but in the same time the sharps (and i'm not a sharp by any means) will jump on the Spurs because 7 points are 7 points and this Spurs team showed they can beat Miami without a problem. Duncan can score against Bosh anytime he wants, Parker is extremly good, Green is setting records right now and Manu can deliver HUGE performances on any given day. These teams are too evenly matched to think either of them is a lock to cover the 7, but i'm much more confortable getting 7 points with a team that won't have so much pressure on its shoulders.
    Disagree with basically everything except the fact that the pressure is on Miami (and basic things like that Parker is good), but if this is going to be 2011 all over again, then so be it. This series should have a different storyline though.

Public will be on Miami but the fact that they're getting 7 points will attract a lot of Spurs bets who think that's too many points for the Heat to give. Regardless the slight majority will be on Miami yes.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

History repeats itself.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Most of sbr thinks heat series is a sharp play. Therefore bet spurs + 7 in gm 6 and small ml spurs. Then if heat win 6 bet spurs + whatever and spurs ml medium in gm 7. Pressure is on miami so dare those miami fuks with their pat riley wanna-be coach win 2 in a row against the spurs.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

I knew here are some wise dudes

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

Line moved to +6.5 now

Obviously a line move won't decide the winner of this game, but to think that almost EVERYONE is on Miami and yet the line moves the other way makes you

Go ahead, keep betting blindly on Miami like they've got some superpowers and OF COURSE Bron won't lose game 6, he WON'T ALLOW IT

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

Seto

Line moved to +6.5 now

Obviously a line move won't decide the winner of this game, but to think that almost EVERYONE is on Miami and yet the line moves the other way makes you

Go ahead, keep betting blindly on Miami like they've got some superpowers and OF COURSE Bron won't lose game 6, he WON'T ALLOW IT
    Link? Most sites I see have the public slightly on the Spurs actually. I don't really trust those sites but I doubt they're that far off that the public is actually POUNDING the Heat as you suggest. Stop thinking SBR is the public.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

Talking about the average Joe, they'll be on Miami automatically. Not only in the US. Of course the guys that are a little bit educated understand the value of getting 7 points in this type of game. I don't trust sites like vegasinsider, etc either. Just checked and 60% of the ML bets are on SA, so that's right, most people are on SA actually.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Disagree with basically everything except the fact that the pressure is on Miami (and basic things like that Parker is good), but if this is going to be 2011 all over again, then so be it. This series should have a different storyline though.

Public will be on Miami but the fact that they're getting 7 points will attract a lot of Spurs bets who think that's too many points for the Heat to give. Regardless the slight majority will be on Miami yes.
    The only time the pressure is on Miami is when they are ordered to LAY down....

Laying down is the toughest thing to do for super competitive mind set's, which is a natural trait for ALL professional athletes........

Game 3 and 5 were perfect examples.........

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    The only time the pressure is on Miami is when they are ordered to LAY down....

Laying down is the toughest thing to do for super competitive mind set's, which is a natural trait for ALL professional athletes........

Game 3 and 5 were perfect examples.........
    I guess that's a way of seeing things as well.

Magh994
    Magh994's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Heat win by double digits! The refs favor Lebron!

GoBlue77

Link? Most sites I see have the public slightly on the Spurs actually. I don't really trust those sites but I doubt they're that far off that the public is actually POUNDING the Heat as you suggest. Stop thinking SBR is the public.
    Let the "sharps" enjoy their moment in the sun and think that "almost everyone is on the Heat" ROFL

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021

Waaaaaaaaaay Too EZ !

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaay Too EZ !
    nice reverse jinx

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    nice reverse jinx
    I was wondering the same thing, he's reverse jinxing this thread

What's your take for this game man?

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs +7 looks way to easy....hard to go agaisnt heat at home coming of a loss....everyone knows the heat can crank the heat up at anytime and its so hard to go against them in this spot. If they won the last game I would take spurs here but i see this a back and forth game till the end.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021

Heat have only won the 1st Q & 1st H once in 5 games.

SPURS 1st Q & 1st H ALL IN !!!

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

To be honest, I want the Heat to win, really. For some reason I want LeBron to win another chip, but don't think Miami can win by 7+.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

1k on heat -11 +190 for 1.9k..........

6/18/2013 9:00 PM NBA Basketball 712 Miami Heat* -11 +190 vs San Antonio Spurs

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    1k on heat -11 +190 for 1.9k..........

6/18/2013 9:00 PM NBA Basketball 712 Miami Heat* -11 +190 vs San Antonio Spurs
    i thought u said game 6 would be close & game 7 would be Heat via blowout ?

GoBlue77

I was wondering the same thing, he's reverse jinxing this thread

What's your take for this game man?
    my take is i cant fault people for taking spurs +7 but lebron's LEGACY is on the line in this Finals and i cant get over that, wont bet against it. 100's of jordan comparisons, i cant see in my head them losing this series, so i see the Heat winning this and next one. Lebron will never be considering top 5 player of all time if the dude is 1-4 in NBA Finals. period.

plus i find it odd so many are on the Spurs when the Heat have murdered every team after a loss. like completely destroyed.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

I know, but I do think Miami will play a little more... scared, maybe? After all, the execution has to be flawless today. Don't get me wrong, I really hope Miami wins SU, but doesn't cover.

Seto

Talking about the average Joe, they'll be on Miami automatically. Not only in the US. Of course the guys that are a little bit educated understand the value of getting 7 points in this type of game. I don't trust sites like vegasinsider, etc either. Just checked and 60% of the ML bets are on SA, so that's right, most people are on SA actually.
    So now it's about "education"?

Many people were all over the Pacers in game 7 saying there was no way they could pass up 7 points in a game 7.

Many people were all over the Spurs in game 2 because of the "value" of getting +260 or whatever it was on Spurs ml.

Not saying the Spurs can't cover or even win but you're fooling yourself if you think the "sharp" gamblers in the world are on the spurs and the "square" joe's are on the heat. There are sharps and squares on both. And according to #'s, as bullshit as they may be, slightly more bets are coming in on the Spurs.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Stop thinking SBR is the public.
    Seto, SBR very much represents the Public.

This is the ONLY reason why I come here, to see what the squares, or Public are thinking. Do you really think anyone with betting experience comes here to get real Handicapping advice?

Just look at SBR's typical betting angles.

Heat must win because they are due

Heat must win because of ZigZag theory

Heat must Win because Stern wants 7 games to make more money

Heat must win because Lang, LAnders and Lakerboy are on the SPurs

Heat must win because the Refs have money on the Heat

Heat must win because the league is rigged

Thats about the best you get from SBR...
    Last edited by El Sol; 06-18-13 at 05:47 PM.

GoldGlove
    Luck for MVP

So now it's about "education"?

Many people were all over the Pacers in game 7 saying there was no way they could pass up 7 points in a game 7.

Many people were all over the Spurs in game 2 because of the "value" of getting +260 or whatever it was on Spurs ml.

Not saying the Spurs can't cover or even win but you're fooling yourself if you think the "sharp" gamblers in the world are on the spurs and the "square" joe's are on the heat. There are sharps and squares on both. And according to #'s, as bullshit as they may be, slightly more bets are coming in on the Spurs.
    Actually, the sharpest bet is the winner one. Nothing else matters, after all, this is just a bet out of hundreds/thousands bets we make every year.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Actually, the sharpest bet is the winner one. Nothing else matters, after all, this is just a bet out of hundreds/thousands bets we make every year.
    Thats not true at all bud, the sharp play is the side with the calculated edge, or value like Seto said.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    Seto, SBR very much represents the Public.

This is the ONLY reason why I come here, to see what the squares, or Public are thinking. Do you really think anyone with betting experience comes here to get real Handicapping advice?

Just look at SBR's typical betting angles.

Heat must win because they are due

Heat must win because of ZigZag theory

Heat must Win because Stern wants 7 games to make more money

Heat must win because Lang, LAnders and Lakerboy are on the SPurs

Heat must win because the Refs have money on the Heat

Heat must win because the league is rigged

Thats about the best you get from SBR...
    Half of this shit is true. No bodies stupid in here. We just have different opinions.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

I think the spurs have about a 40% chance of winning straight up tonight.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    I think the spurs have about a 40% chance of winning straight up tonight.
    More so like 5% after the refs were announced at 9:00 am.

12 Last