UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

How much money do you suppose is riding worldwide on miami futures to win it all?

close to a billion? This includes all preseason bets to win it all bets made during the season, the start of the playoffs, during the playoffs, bets on this series, etc.....
    Points Awarded:

retard gave UntilTheNDofTimE 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GamblerSpirit gave UntilTheNDofTimE 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

good point

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

all of mine was on different teams. got about 1/6th of my original bankroll on the spurs. I would imagine a lot of people bet them at the various prices. I know one big heat fan who was afraid to pull the trigger on them all the times they reached +105, +110, or +115

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Great question.

People have been placing wagers on the heat since the end of last season. The 3 trips I've made to Vegas since, I know at least 1 person every trip who would place their "leaving Vegas wager" on the Heat future, assuming it was such an easy wager.

That is only Vegas, and only a few examples. I am sure that has happened 100's of times a day across the globe since.

Spurs will be paying for a lot of bookies steak dinners if they pull it out.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

If they win all that means that every other future bet that was made on anybody other than Mia will be a loss. The books never lose on futures.....doesn't matter who wins books win futures

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Worldwide it would have to be several mill..can't imagine it would be a billion but would love to know.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

The height of their winning streak would have ramped up the wagers made on them substantially.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

100 trillion dollars

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

shitloads...fuckers better pull their heads out of their arses

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    If they win all that means that every other future bet that was made on anybody other than Mia will be a loss. The books never lose on futures.....doesn't matter who wins books win futures
    Good point

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Of course. But if Miami loses its great profits for the books. I know either way they make money but if they lose all the executives at pinnacle are having a steak dinner on new york ave.

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    Worldwide it would have to be several mill..can't imagine it would be a billion but would love to know.
    I'm inclined to believe that, worldwide, it is closer to a billion dollars.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

A billion dollars?? No chance in heck. The market is not nearly that deep. Future bets on miami before the season on average was around 2-1. Sharp gamblers rarely take a favorite in a future bet because they know the juice is horrendous and laying playoff series is a better value when the time comes. Squares are not going to tie up any real money for a year to win a 2-1 payout. At this point they want the heat to lose of course but I guarantee they all made a tidy profit on futures this season.

As far as in season and during playoff bets I can see the risk being fairly significant but a billion dollars? I do not see how that would be possible.

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    A billion dollars?? No chance in heck. The market is not nearly that deep. Future bets on miami before the season on average was around 2-1. Sharp gamblers rarely take a favorite in a future bet because they know the juice is horrendous and laying playoff series is a better value when the time comes. Squares are not going to tie up any real money for a year to win a 2-1 payout. At this point they want the heat to lose of course but I guarantee they all made a tidy profit on futures this season.

As far as in season and during playoff bets I can see the risk being fairly significant but a billion dollars? I do not see how that would be possible.

Books always win on futures.

But you're speaking for a lot of people with that statement. Not every square is that impatient. This isn't just Vegas we're talking about, but also off-shore books, Euro books, Asian books, and the infamous back-of-the-bar bookies. You're likely right that it's not a billion dollars. But a few hundred million dollars is easily possible. [With half of it coming in from Floyd Mayweather]

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thes0vereign View Post
    Books always win on futures.

But you're speaking for a lot of people with that statement. Not every square is that impatient. This isn't just Vegas we're talking about, but also off-shore books, Euro books, Asian books, and the infamous back-of-the-bar bookies. You're likely right that it's not a billion dollars. But a few hundred million dollars is easily possible. [With half of it coming in from Floyd Mayweather]
    I agree books always win on futures, the juice is so high a book win is a foregone conclusion on day one. The only question is how much they win depending on who wins the title. I also agree several hundred million is correct, I just think a billion is way off.

LOL on mayweather. He is one sick puppy, god bless him

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

i would say low 9 figures. Most of this money came in during their win streak.

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

you mean how much are the books about to make

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Of course. But if Miami loses its great profits for the books. I know either way they make money but if they lose all the executives at pinnacle are having a steak dinner on new york ave.
    Everyone can hedge and still profit.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Miami Heat will bury the public.

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Not always. in the 2011 season 80% of futures were on the heat to take it all, as this was the 1st year the big 3 were together.

If the heat didn't take the dive versus the mavs, books would have got buried.

Then they rewarded Lebron for taking the dive, and gave him a championship vs a far more superior Thunder team, and they let the series end in 5 games so Lebron could win it on his home court.

Last years futures were probly pretty split between thunder,heat, and spurs.

And also they played it out so bosh got "injured", Heat fall behind 2-1 to the pacers and 3-2 to the celtics to leave an impression the heat were vulnerable and the result was the public hammering the thunder every game of last years finals.
    Last edited by skers11; 06-17-13 at 06:15 PM. Reason: fix

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

not nearly as much as the OP thinks

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Most of the overseas bets I know are on the Spurs. People in foreign countries have known for years that Lebron is a choker and have bet accordingly. When the Bulls won their championships foreign bettors were 99.9% backing them but with the Heat and Lebron is down to less than 50%.