Jalen Rose

is he the host of this studio show?

must have gotten it from blowing magic's johnson

fukkin awful

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Could not agree more! He is awful. They try to be like TNT with EJ and the crew but are not even close! Simmons adds nothing. Its the weakest pre-post crew since the NFL today crew on CBS...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Jalen rose is glorious

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like Jalen.

Simmons and Magic are awful.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Shaq is awful. Need to get that fool off the TNT show.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Everyone has a different personality. Some people love them and some don't. Everyone used to hate Barkely. I think he's decent.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Shaq is glorious

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Simmons is good. His book on basketball is good read as well.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree with Drink. He is horrible. Still trying to figure out who he went down on at ESPN/ABC to get that lead role? Makes zero sense.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I agree with Drink. He is horrible. Still trying to figure out who he went down on at ESPN/ABC to get that lead role? Makes zero sense.
    stu scott.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Wilbon and Magic is fukking awful.. They should rid these fukking clowns..

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Wilbon and Magic is fukking awful.. They should rid these fukking clowns..
    Agreed, its like they feel bad for magic so they keep him around. Only guy I like on that whole abc/espn crew is Jeff VanGundy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Only good person to pyt on for nba is stephen a smith. Wilbon is fukking useless. Shaq is an idiot.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post

stu scott.
    Stu Scott is also horrible. But I will take Stu Scott over Jalen Rose. I see Rose as the host of Sesame Street in the near future.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Have you seen Stu Scott on that new Jaguar commercial? What a pompous ass! I hate him even more after seeing that... Did his ego need to get any bigger?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I agree, Jalen does a rotten job

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

jalen's greatest moments were on the best damn sports show period with chris rose and spider salley

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I like Bill Simmons and Jalen. Simmons seems to always bring good insight to the conversation, and Jalen can talk ball. Dont care much for Magic, to be honest I dont think he has the sound or voice for radio/TV. Wilbon is okay, everytime I hear him i just feel like Im watching PTI.

mysterio619
    mysterio619's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jalen is great on the Grantland Podcasts with Jacoby. Bill has great points but he's just not a tv personality.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Bill Simmons knows his ball better than these other announcers who actually played ball. You can tell they hate him though ever since that Laker conspiracy video came out with his voice!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i dont mind simmons....you can tell he truly loves what he's talking about and even though you can kinda tell he's shocked to be there himself sometimes he isn't afraid to shake it up...he commented that he was shocked that the refs have been solid the first two games...was kinda funny and ballsy to say

his voice is horrific though

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Yeah simmons sounds like a girl. I agree drinker.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Jalen rose is glorious
    Jalen Rose is an uncle Tom.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Only good person to pyt on for nba is stephen a smith. Wilbon is fukking useless. Shaq is an idiot.
    this.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

espn analysts are awful. Stuart Scott doesnt know jack shit and ruins nfl coverage. guy knows nothing and just shouts "boo-yah!" to try to compensate his lack of knowledge. skip bayless doesn't know much either. michael wilbon is a moron. guy knows absolutely nothing. Tony Kornheiser is the dumbest analyst i've ever seen. its amazing they let him speak. chris broussard doesnt know shit either. all the espn analysts are clueless. Bill Simmons is their most knowledgable basketball anaylst by far. his basketball book is good. he's a great historian. they should just give the analyst job to simmons. rose is ok (?) i dont have much of an opinion. but all the other espn analysts are awful. I dont even think magic is that good of a commentator. TNT has much better analysts. Barkley, Shaq, Kenny are much better analysts. much better.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-11-13 at 12:26 AM.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Barry Melrose is good hockey analyst. he's espn's best analyst in my opinion. i disagree at times, but he knows the game. too bad espn treats hockey like a 2nd class citizen and rarely covers it or acknowledges it.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Shaq is the worst one of the TNT crew, but I don't necessarily think he is that bad. His "Birdman! Birdman!" thing is hilarious. My favorite on the TNT crew is Ernie. Yeah they may clown him, but he always ends up letting them know who is still the boss.

Also Jalen Rose is in no way an Uncle Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlJHCvsSiMs

Topo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I really enjoy Simmons. He has the freedom to be critical. I find most former players are too soft and are afraid to offend anyone in the NBA fraternity.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Jalen Rosedrinker

TheMoneyShot

I don't know anything about Bill Simmons? Maybe I wasn't paying attention????! But he seemed to just pop up one day? Did he play basketball somewhere? Not knocking the guy... because his approach is like the "soft sell" type... where he's just a likeable person. But I don't know where he came from? Originated?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Shaq is the worst one of the TNT crew, but I don't necessarily think he is that bad. His "Birdman! Birdman!" thing is hilarious. My favorite on the TNT crew is Ernie. Yeah they may clown him, but he always ends up letting them know who is still the boss.

Also Jalen Rose is in no way an Uncle Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlJHCvsSiMs
    ernie is a fukkin hick and he looks out of place they need to replace him with another black dude. Lightbulb

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    I really enjoy Simmons. He has the freedom to be critical. I find most former players are too soft and are afraid to offend anyone in the NBA fraternity.
    I could see him getting fired though, the other commentators are always saying "bill don't get fired", but he has been keep his mouth shut lately. I don't think Simmons played ball he was a writer for ESPN for awhile.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Could not agree more! He is awful. They try to be like TNT with EJ and the crew but are not even close! Simmons adds nothing. Its the weakest pre-post crew since the NFL today crew on CBS...
    Simmons is awful? C'mon now. Jeeze u telling me that when he has to tell us over and over again that Lebron is the best player on the planet his stuff might be getting old? I thought it was sickening when Magic kept doing it but now this douchebag has picked up this tune and made it worse.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

David Stern instructs these pussies on what to say and if you don't believe me go ask Steven Smith. Smith has openly said that he has been called into Sterns office on more than one occasion. Can you imagine that? Sportscasters being called in this assholes office to be reprimanded. This is for the nitwit fans who can't think for themselves and are told what to think.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

If you nitwits had any sense, you would realize Bill Simmons is trying to put the viewers on to something that has always been apparent, which is that the league is not always on the up and up....thats why he makes those comments...he knows the game better than most coaches....his only flaw is that he has a voice for radio and not necessarily for TV. He is not flashy or edgy, thats where Jalen comes in. You have to have a hall of famer there so Magic fills in. Wilbon is a company yes man for abc/espn.....

12 Last