Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Heat lose series, it is the hangover from that pointless Miami 'WIN streak'

i think if the Heat lose this series, it is that silly win streak...*
    i said it would be forgotten immediately.. and it has..
    the only lasting effect is that it wiped out their stamina*

All 'energy' is really is 'finite', even suns die.*

"the candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long"

i felt it right after it went over 10 games...
    if it went on too long... that this could happen..

it really is no accident that sprinters and marathon runners have very different bodies..
    so the Heat ran a few sprint races and won.. right before starting a marathon

that was just too much winning, and it has gone on too long. Not for James so much,
    but you can see that Bosh and Wade are really depleted.*

San Antonio made that mistake last year.. won 31- of 33 games going into the playoffs..
    this year, they lost 10 of their last 20.

let's see what happens, i hope the Heat take it..*
    but really does not look so good

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

wtf are you talking about. Is this a poem?

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

One thing is for sure....most everyone will find an excuse for why the Heat lost, rather than giving credit to the Spurs.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Crack is helluva drug...

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

pittsburgh penguins tied nhl record 15 consecutive wins during regular season. then went another 7 in row in april. only to CHOKE and get SWEPT by the boston bruins in ECF. regular season means JACK SHIT.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    wtf are you talking about. Is this a poem?
    this is an excellent response. precisely what i expect from the Oxford graduate program.

thank you.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8985

No wonder other forums laugh at SBR.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Absolutely not let's just give the Spurs who are an excellent team the credit they deserve if they win!

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

If Heat lose its cuz Spurs were the better team, and vice versa.

This is the NBA finals, not your frat party where you get 'hungover'.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

haha!! wtf...

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I remember when you talked about this at length...so its not like you are now making excuses for the HEAT....We have been talking about this since BEFORE the streak ended....We have seen it with the Spurs last year and the Patriots a few years before that....STREAKS destroy a teams mojo heading into the playoffs because they peak too early....I dun like it for this Miami team...but it is what it is......all credit to Spurs as they are what they seem to be and that is a mistake free, solid team who is well coached...but that streak Miami was on...was just too much.......hope they win though lol

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I remember when you talked about this at length...so its not like you are now making excuses for the HEAT....We have been talking about this since BEFORE the streak ended....We have seen it with the Spurs last year and the Patriots a few years before that....STREAKS destroy a teams mojo heading into the playoffs because they peak too early....I dun like it for this Miami team...but it is what it is......all credit to Spurs as they are what they seem to be and that is a mistake free, solid team who is well coached...but that streak Miami was on...was just too much.......hope they win though lol
    stop talking to yourself ratzzz....seriously

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    1) cheers Menses,, how are you, sir?

2) what a relief that they won Game II..

i still stand by what said..

i have seen it too many times.. a generation ago, teams got away with it , but harder now.

recently in MLB, i remember this happened to Cliff Lee and the Phillies.. 2011 (the year they shoulda won it)

the Phillies had 101 WINS.. and the manager Manuel, really, REALLY wanted the best ever Phils reg. season record.. (foolish, cost him a Ring)

so in the very last game.. he did not rest anybody.. the Phils were down to the Braves by two runs... and they came back in the 9th.. they eliminated the Braves in the process..

AND.in a true Oedipal faux-pas... this made room for the Cardinals who got into the playoffs DUE to that very comeback..!!

and CLIFF LEE, wow...Lee had pitched.. get this.. 8 complete game shutouts. EIGHT COMPLETE GAME SHUT-OUTS> (wow, but stupid)

anyways.. in his first game (Game 2) he is given a 4-0 lead by the Philly bats... and promptly gives it up.

Cards win game 2, and take series in 5.

maybe better to unravel in the reg. season.. impossible to maintain. and that was his big chance at a Ring. when will the stars be aligned like that for him again?

it would be great if he was traded to a great team and he won, i like him.but really it is cake and eat it too.100% true, I am certain Isaac Newton would agree and go so far as to adopt it as one of his governing Laws of Motion, 1687