Tim Duncan
    Tim Duncan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

New to the forum, also have a newbie question.

First of all, hi. I have been a sports fan all of my life and would consider myself extremely knowledgeable on the current NBA, 90's MLB and somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to tennis, NFL and futbol. I am the biggest fan of Tim Duncan and Ken Griffey Jr. you will find. I am just now getting into sports betting because I believe my wealth of knowledge on the NBA may serve me very well with this medium and help me to acquire some extra cash. That said, I am basically completely ignorant on the betting aspect, so I hope to learn from this forum -- and please, excuse my ignorance ahead of time. I know I could learn everything I need to by reading books or online articles, but I find conversation between real human beings to be much better on many levels.

So, I recently signed up with Bovada. I deposited $500 and got a bonus of $250 for doing so. I bet the $250 on the Spurs in game 1 and another $100 of my actual money on Duncan getting over 10 rebounds. I ended up winning almost 600 bucks in my first time ever sports betting, which really pumped me up - almost as much as the Spurs winning. That said, $437 of my winnings was just in my "bonus" account and not my actual balance. I have a 3x rollover, which I admit, I am pretty confused about. Do I have to wager $2250 more in bets to be able to cash out on my bonus? Moreover, am I able to wager my bonus towards that every time I bet? Does the bonus count the same as real cash in my rollovers? Do I have to bet $750x3, or does it just have to be $2250 in total action and the bets can be any amount? Thanks in advance, guys.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

you have to roll over your original deposit in bets. so you have to bet about 1500 dollars worth of games to get that money with no strings attached. basically you are forced into betting over and over again

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

You have to wager 3x$250 I think. It's also the lesser amount between lay or win. If you lay 110 to win 100 you have cleared 100 in bonus. If you bet 100 and profit 150 you have cleared 100 in bonus. Any bet counts, money or bonus money.

Blazer12
    Blazer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I play at Bovada regularly and it would be $500 more that you need to wager to met their 3x's roll over. You received $250 as a bonus and with that comes a $750 amount that must be wagered before you can take that money out. So since you have bet $250 on the spurs game then that would leave you with only $500 left to wager. The bonus money is the only thing that you have to do a 3x's roll over. It acts as real cash and if you really wanted to you can take as much money out as you want but there has to be $250 left in your account because that is the bonus amount that you were given and that cannot be touched until you either lose it or meet the 3 times roll over. Also if you are looking to cash out, you should know that Bovada offers one free payout per calendar month for free! Hope you enjoy your time at Bovada and always feel free to ask more questions. Welcome to the board.