Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

George Karl fired!

Coach of the year! Not his fault they don't play defense

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Incorrect. He was not fired. He was on the last year of his contract, Nuggets aren't re-newing his contract. Big difference.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

I knew that, I saw somewhere he was also fired. Stupid yahoo writer should be fired

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Incorrect. He was not fired. He was on the last year of his contract, Nuggets aren't re-newing his contract. Big difference.
    He was still under contract for the upcoming year. So either they fired him or forced him to 'resign". Same difference. They told him to get lost after he kept pushing for an extension.

"He led Denver to the playoffs in all nine seasons, but advanced out of the first round only once, in 2009, when they lost in the conference finals"

That shit just aint gonna cut it.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    He was still under contract for the upcoming year. So either they fired him or forced him to 'resign". Same difference. They told him to get lost after he kept pushing for an extension.

"He led Denver to the playoffs in all nine seasons, but advanced out of the first round only once, in 2009, when they lost in the conference finals"

That shit just aint gonna cut it.

Oh wow, I was under the impression this past season was his last year on his contract. I guess he was fired then. I heard on the radio that most coaches who have received this award have gotten fired soon after (Avery Johnson w/ Mavs, Byron Scott w/ Hornets, Sam Mitchell w/ Raps, etc.).

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Terrific coach and much like another great HC Marty Schottenheimer he could not win in the post season. Marty was canned in unheard of fashion as well after going 13-3.