acehit
    acehit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    Ouch, no one wants to see a someone's big bet fail... maybe next time. I wouldn't advise totals though so unpredictable.
    But Sports Terminator, is there not a trend to these totals? Isn't that how bookies set the lines for them? I'm confused. How do the bookies know? I mean even after a rapid 1st half, the total fell way under! 9 points is a big loss in basletball. How do the bookies get it so right?

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Quote Originally Posted by acehit View Post
    But Sports Terminator, is there not a trend to these totals? Isn't that how bookies set the lines for them? I'm confused. How do the bookies know? I mean even after a rapid 1st half, the total fell way under! 9 points is a big loss in basletball. How do the bookies get it so right?
    These types of games just seem to be happening more and more. Normally after a Half like that the Over should hit easily especially with FTs at the end.The O/U for 2nd Half was something like 9 points higher then what we needed so normally that would point at the Over hitting. But i have been seeing weird games like this more and more. They did not even need to light it up 2nd Half just play average nd it would have hit. You are right this crap happens in baseball too. Need 9 runs they score 8 first 3 innings then nothing rest of way.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    Ouch, no one wants to see a someone's big bet fail... maybe next time. I wouldn't advise totals though so unpredictable.
    '' Thanks-the morning after is hard lol. But like i said i had worked $450 to $5000 at RW so i cash that on Monday not touching that. I figured WTH i liked the Over so gave it a shot. Was looking great at HT .

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

glad i faded

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    glad i faded
    Bet you were not thinking that at Half though lol. Glad you made some cash out of it.

breikert
    breikert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3381

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yea that was the only way Over would have hit since they did not turn it into a fouling game. I was hoping he did not get that shot off so there would be one last chance to try . I really felt good after 1st Half but in back of my mind ive seen these qtrs and they kill me every time.
    And the biggest question of them all is: Why on earth didn't you trade the shit at halftime, and get a Win/Win no matter what?

Betfair is the key.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Quote Originally Posted by breikert View Post
    And the biggest question of them all is: Why on earth didn't you trade the shit at halftime, and get a Win/Win no matter what?

Betfair is the key.
    Because who would've thought this one was going under after 101 points scored at halftime? It's easy to come in with wisdom after the game's played out.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

When you make a bet like that you need to leave yourself some money to play with after. At least 500 or so should have been taken off. From there you could maybe throw down that 500 to get to about 950 or play it slower like a smart person would have

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Because who would've thought this one was going under after 101 points scored at halftime? It's easy to come in with wisdom after the game's played out.
    Exactly although i have had this happen before to me. Normally if the O/U for 2nd Half is much higher then what you need for the game total you have a big advantage for the Over. But crap like this happens . But really if you had to bet money on what this game was going to do at Halftime you would have to be nuts to go under.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    When you make a bet like that you need to leave yourself some money to play with after. At least 500 or so should have been taken off. From there you could maybe throw down that 500 to get to about 950 or play it slower like a smart person would have
    If you read my first post i do not do this amount often. Before i started on my run i decided if i get there i would try it just to do it .

First 123