t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Spurs Series Price dropping...

I think if anything this is a good sign for them in Game 1. Bettors grabbing them now with the expectation that they will be in position to steal the first one.

Spurs +5.5 looking good to me right now.
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave t-wizzle 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mysterio619
    mysterio619's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude you're a great capper but Spurs are not winning the first game. Home teams RARELY lose game 1 of the finals. You can't just take 10 days off then expect to beat the NBA champs who just came off a game 7.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio619 View Post
    Dude you're a great capper but Spurs are not winning the first game. Home teams RARELY lose game 1 of the finals. You can't just take 10 days off then expect to beat the NBA champs who just came off a game 7.
    They needed the break. Parker took a beating in the leadup to the Finals. Miami has no one to guard the rim he will drive with ease until James guards him in crunchtime.

Spurs wanted the layoff. Otherwise they wouldn't have pushed so hard to sweep Memphis.

mysterio619

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Spurs wanted the layoff. Otherwise they wouldn't have pushed so hard to sweep Memphis.
    Really? You think Pop would ever not push them hard? These are the Spurs, they won't be like hey let's drop this game and not really try. They swept them cause they were able to, plain and simple.

There is such thing as too much rest.

t-wizzle

Really? You think Pop would ever not push them hard? These are the Spurs, they won't be like hey let's drop this game and not really try. They swept them cause they were able to, plain and simple.

There is such thing as too much rest.
    Sorry I'm distracted by those knockers again...

Ok wait where were we... right the Spurs. If there's no such thing as too much rest then why are you worried about the layoff?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If Spurs don't cover game 1, it won't be because of the lay off. They're old and banged up, they needed the rest.

I'm not really sure what to make of this series. Series will likely come down to how Wade and Bosh play. If both of them play like they did in the last series, Heat don't stand a chance. The Spurs are a lot better than the Pacers, but the Heat matchup a lot better with SA than they did Indy. SA doesn't really have great individual defenders, so I think Wade and Bosh will get theirs.

I'm not big on series bets, so I'm going to pass at first. If Heat win game 1 I may jump on Spurs series.

It's gonna be a great series though. Easily the two best teams meeting in the finals. And this will be the toughest finals matchup Miami will face.

mysterio619

Sorry I'm distracted by those knockers again...

Ok wait where were we... right the Spurs. If there's no such thing as too much rest then why are you worried about the layoff?
    i need to change the display lol

I said there IS such thing as too much rest.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

Should be a good finals...I'm still trying to find my composure after laughing my ass off at all the people saying Indy was the toughest that Miami will face like they were somehow even a top 5 team in the league...defensively yeah but they are also a team that couldn't score on the road and couldn't score when Hibbert was off the floor period. I see it going 6 or 7 with it being a tossup on which role players don't fade under the lights and hit the shots.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    Should be a good finals...I'm still trying to find my composure after laughing my ass off at all the people saying Indy was the toughest that Miami will face like they were somehow even a top 5 team in the league...defensively yeah but they are also a team that couldn't score on the road and couldn't score when Hibbert was off the floor period. I see it going 6 or 7 with it being a tossup on which role players don't fade under the lights and hit the shots.
    Good synopsis about the games. Everyone want the lines to move in their favor. Not buying it. Either place the bet now for the Championship winner or wait and hedge your way through.

mysterio619

Quote Originally Posted by Ron29301 View Post
    Good synopsis about the games. Everyone want the lines to move in their favor. Not buying it. Either place the bet now for the Championship winner or wait and hedge your way through.
    If you're taking Heat: BET NOW
    If you're taking Spurs: Wait until Game 2 ATLEAST

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Its as simple as 1,2, 3. No need to consistently post numerous threads of who your picking. Open up one thread and debate all day long.

t-wizzle

I really think were looking at a long series here. Last year was quick work made by Miami but this year will be tougher. The Heat are not as strong as they were last year. I keep hearing how great a matchup this is for Miami because the Spurs aren't as tough as Indy - maybe they aren't as tough but they've got two 7 footers and another versatile big in Diaw. On top of that the Spurs can actually shoot the rock and their ball movement is phenomenal, unlike any that Miami has faced.

This will prove to be an intriguing series. LeBron going for validation and the Spurs making what could very well be one final title run with the Duncan/Pop era.

I really believe were looking at minimum 6 games here.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

I really think were looking at a long series here. Last year was quick work made by Miami but this year will be tougher. The Heat are not as strong as they were last year. I keep hearing how great a matchup this is for Miami because the Spurs aren't as tough as Indy - maybe they aren't as tough but they've got two 7 footers and another versatile big in Diaw. On top of that the Spurs can actually shoot the rock and their ball movement is phenomenal, unlike any that Miami has faced.

This will prove to be an intriguing series. LeBron going for validation and the Spurs making what could very well be one final title run with the Duncan/Pop era.

I really believe were looking at minimum 6 games here.

diaw is on a chocolate chip cookie diet. splitter will not be able to think quick enough to make the crisp passes needed against the ball hawking heat.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Reason the line dropped is the public hates the heat and wants a lil action the spurs

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Agree with your points. Personally, i feel this is a pretty tough/bad match up for Miami but well see. Also doubt we see any san antonio rust.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    diaw is on a chocolate chip cookie diet. splitter will not be able to think quick enough to make the crisp passes needed against the ball hawking heat.
    The Heat only put forth that kind of effort in the big games. Think Games 3, 5, and 7.

lakerboy

The Heat only put forth that kind of effort in the big games. Think Games 3, 5, and 7.

james is on a mission to destroy the spurs. heat needed to get over the hump. who have the spurs played so far?
    /

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

james is on a mission to destroy the spurs. heat needed to get over the hump. who have the spurs played so far?
    /
    Spurs swept Memphis, the team u said would beat the Heat In finals

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    Spurs swept Memphis, the team u said would beat the Heat In finals

good for them. they had 2 lucky ot wins or would have lost the series

t-wizzle

/
    Good for James. It takes 5 players though. Spurs will have at least 2 games where they just go off.

t-wizzle

The biggest odds drops are:

Spurs 4-2
    Heat 4-1
    Spurs to win

lakerboy

Heat series back up to -220 at Pinny and 4-1 dropped a good chunk. Over 4.5 games went to -799 from -720. Spurs avoid a sweep I guess.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Over 4.5 just blasted up to -857. No sweep here.

t-wizzle

Heat series back up to -220 at Pinny and 4-1 dropped a good chunk. Over 4.5 games went to -799 from -720. Spurs avoid a sweep I guess.
    Biggest move is the Over 4.5 games from 720 to 857.

Spurs Series Price did open at 220. It dropped to +184 but now +197.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

You have it wrong with the 2-3-2 format if you want the Spurs bet now, if you want the Heat wait until game 2 atleast.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

No need to even look at odds movements, we all know there won't be a sweep in this series. This series is going 6 games minimum.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

You can't just take 10 days off then expect to beat the NBA champs who just came off a game 7.
    Yes you can.

NBA Finals History proves that statement wrong.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

getting "rest" is different from a 10 day layoff

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    getting "rest" is different from a 10 day layoff

lakerboy

late money all over the heat

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

san antonio looked impressive tonight.

i thought they'd be rusty after the long layoff but damn these guys are like machines.

only thing that can stop this machine is an athletic point guard which miami doesn't have.

i really might consider taking san antonio after game 2 when the series is tied 1-1...

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call Wizzle

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    You have it wrong with the 2-3-2 format if you want the Spurs bet now, if you want the Heat wait until game 2 atleast.
    Now is the time to take Heat sinc home court has shifted

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I think if anything this is a good sign for them in Game 1. Bettors grabbing them now with the expectation that they will be in position to steal the first one.

Spurs +5.5 looking good to me right now.
    Congrats Twizzle

Boring and old so they never get enough credit=

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

[QUOTE=Ghenghis Kahn;18865264]san antonio looked impressive tonight.

i thought they'd be rusty after the long layoff but damn these guys are like machines.

only thing that can stop this machine is an athletic point guard which miami doesn't have.

i really might consider taking san antonio after game 2 when the series is tied 1-1...[/QUOTE

Problem is Spurs are gonna win Game 2.

12 Last