SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Smart: Pacers +4½ vs Mavericks

Pacers +4½ vs Mavericks

Game Time: 1/12/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Alex Smart
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Pacers, and the points, are the right play tonight when Indianapolis hosts the Dallas Mavericks at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Dallas enters into this contest in red-hot form having won 15 of their last 16, including wins at Utah and home against Portland already this week.

Coming into the Nap Town off a home game sandwiched between three and two road games respectively makes this a difficult proposition for the Mavs. If that wasn't bad enough, Dallas will be in an arena where they have had little in the way of success recently.

Final Notes & Trends: The home team in this series is 22-8 SU and 19-10-1 ATS, including 11-3 SU and 10-3-1 ATS in the last 14 meetings. Dallas is just 2-5 SU and 2-5 ATS in Indiana since the turn of the Century including 0-3 ATS when the Pacers are home dogs. Five of those seven games have been decided by five points or less with three of those being decided by a single point. Indiana are 31-11 SU and 30-12 ATS at Conseco facing an opponent that enters off two or more road games. Indiana is 19-8-1 ATS at home vs. winning teams over the last two seasons. Indiana is 20-8-2 ATS in its last 30 tries as a home dog.

Play: Pacers +4½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too am liking the pacers plus the points in this game tonight.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to like the Pacers on the ML in this one... Played Dallas tough last week @ their place... I believe the Pacers come out strong and win outright...

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take The Mavs

Johnson has the Mavs playing well of late. I believe the Mavs cover.

Mavs got home late the other night from Utah and had to play on little rest and dominated. Look for it to continue tonight.
    Last edited by zoneblitz; 01-12-07 at 12:26 PM.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mavs have been one of the keys to my current bankroll. This is a tough one to call though, but I'll probably ride the Mavs until they burn me.

Best bet I have found with them lately, 2nd half bets. I've won 5 of 6 with them in that manner.

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=EaglesPhan36]This is a tough one to call though, but I'll probably ride the Mavs until they burn me.[QUOTE]

I agree, I dont have any $$$ on it, one way or the other. But if I had to choose a side, I would ride the Mavs as long as they are in the $$$.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

No cover for Dallas, but again the 2nd half bet with Dallas at -4 (-105) paid big dividends.