Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Biggest Bet of the Year. Heat ML, Mia -4 -170, + more. In Depth Analysis Inside.

I have only bet 2 games this entire series. Miami game 3 and Miami game 5. I've rewatched the game 3 times and here is my brief analysis. I don't mess around when I'm tossing around this kind of money. Doesn't come as easy to me as it does to lakerman and some others.

In game 5, I said the recipe for success would be to front Hibbert on every play possible. Haslem was pretty successful in this respect but still had some lapses. Game 6, they completely went away from that in the 2nd half. There was too much focus by Wade and Chalmers and Lebron on the pass into the post that they were backing off on guys like Paul George, Hill, etc, guys you can't give that couple of feet because they are going to rise up every time. You need to play Hibbert 1 on 1 in this game 7. The only time I suggest a hard collapse will be when Hibbert is near the baseline and you can essentially use the baseline as a defender.

2nd point- You have to front David West if you're going to put Battier on him. West might be the strongest post player in the NBA. Battier is a SF. You need Lebron to switch onto West whenever possible. Lebron's lower body is stronger than West so when he fronts him, it'll be impossible to get the ball into West with Lebron's combination of lower body strength and vertical.

3rd point- As much that's been made of Wade and Bosh this series, Lebron James has been awful on the defensive end of the ball. THe strategy for MIA has been allow Wade to guard Paul George and let Lebron save his energy for the offensive end. Unfortunately, Paul has done the majority of his damage when Lebron has switched onto him. Lebron is not 250 pounds. He's 275. Maybe more. The guy has lost a step in quickness since a few years ago. He's putting on too much muscle and George has blown by him several times. James needs to accept the challenge of guarding multiple guys on the floor tonight and stop worrying about chucking up 25 shots a game. He needs to relax on the shot attempts. I expect a magic-type performance from Lebron on the offensive end tonight. 10 assists probably.

4th point- It's clear that Wade is not healthy. For those saying he's washed up, I do believe he's one of maybe 3 players? to average over 20 5 and 5 this year. All on taking only 15-16 shots a game, and a career year in fg%. Guys like Wade need shots to get in a rhythm. You can't let Wade take only 7, 8, 10 shots a game. That type of player needs touches. He needs to feel the ball. See the ball go through the rim. A lot of the shots he's missed have been bunnies. He's been scared to elevate and put a lot of pressure on that knee. Wade came out and said that he wants more touches in game 7. Expect this team to follow their true leader in Wade and for him to come out and drop 20+ points and take at least 15 shots.

5th point- Bosh got manhandled in game 6. He's been destroyed by Hibbert in every game this season. Spoelstra has thoroughly been outcoached this series. When does Bosh need to be on the court? When Mahimi is out there to give Hibbert a breather. Spoelstra is an average coach. I noticed this after game 1. I should be on those sidelines. Bosh is spending way too much time on the perimeter and hasn't been aggressive. I expect double digit points tonight from him as well. Why? The recipe for MIA is quite simple. When both Lebron and Wade are attacking the paint with efficiency, you have no choice but to bring hibbert and west down to collapse. Seeing as though Wade has been struggling big time, it's no surprise that Bosh hasn't been getting open looks. A good game from Wade usually means a solid game from Bosh as well.

6th point- Expect MIA to focus on getting Wade involved early off flare screens and off those curls him and James frequently run in the paint. As a leader, James needs to understand that he can't take 25 shots this game. He MUST get guys like Allen, Battier, CHalmers involved early and often. With PG defending Lebron quite well, I don't expect him to score over 30 tonight.

Haslem should be a beneficiary of both James and Wade tonight.

Pacers offensive system will collapse tonight, just how I said it would in game 5. Spending so much time trying to feed the big men tonight is gonna leave the perimeter players with minimal time to get their shots up.

On a defensive note, they've done a great job of guarding 1 on 1 throughout this series. If Wade gets going, that whole formula changes, even if Vogal tells them not to. It's instinct. Hibbert gets worried and starts rotating down, leaving Bosh and Haslem open in the corners and on the elbows.

MIAMI -350 Risk $6000
    Miami -4 -170 Risk $1000 (5 dimes line)
    MIA HT& FT -130 Risk $325 (5 dimes prop)
    MIA wins by 6-10 +310 (5 dimes line) Risk $75
    JAMES OVER 6.5 assists +110 (5 dimes line) Risk $100
    WADE OVER 16 points -110 Risking $330

As you can see, with this amount of money on the line, I'm pretty scared to take the -7. I Think it's possible MIA squeaks out a 4 5 point win. IMO I think they win by 6. I'm not taking a -7 with that little margin for error. The Pacers are a very good team, and I suspect them to play well tonight, but just be outmatched here.

FYI MIA ML is my biggest bet of the year.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I like everything except the picks.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Hope you cash pal.

Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave BIGDAY 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    I like everything except the picks.
    i'm assuming with your immediate response you did not read the analysis. I could be wrong, but when I write that type of analysis and think this hard about a game and rewatch the film 3 times, I'm usually pretty confident.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

I'm out for the night.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Hope you cash pal.

thanks my man. i'm pretty nervous/excited. a lot on the line tonight.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    i'm assuming with your immediate response you did not read the analysis. I could be wrong, but when I write that type of analysis and think this hard about a game and rewatch the film 3 times, I'm usually pretty confident.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

I'm out for the night.
    I'm a quick reader. I do like everything you said, I wish you were on the sidelines too but you're not.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3393

Goat- Good write up and GL. But Man Up and Pay back those tokens you owe Stash/Yisman. Might be good Karma for tonight.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Thrill of a larger wager.

Always exciting.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Solid post
    Goater is a quality poster , good shit man.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

What a fukin idiot ...Im pretty sure you dont gamble. All that write up shit and you lay -4 for -170 lol your the type who takes +1.5 in mlb ur a Dik

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

MIAMI -350 Risk $7.00
    Miami -4 -170 Risk $8.50 (5 dimes line)
    MIA HT& FT -130 Risk $6.50 (5 dimes prop)
    MIA wins by 6-10 +310 (5 dimes line) Risk .75
    JAMES OVER 6.5 assists +110 (5 dimes line) Risk $1.00
    WADE OVER 16 points -110 Risking $3.30 I got into your acct on 5Dimes and pasted your real wagers

Rellik
    Rellik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4386

Awesome post. I have Miami -7 $5500 TO WIN $5000

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Wade prop is the worst bet. There has been nothing thus far that suggests Wade is going to put up that number or more.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Wade prop is the worst bet. There has been nothing thus far that suggests Wade is going to put up that number or more.
    Wade prop just became Mortal Ill even bet it now thanks fish I was liking that bet any how

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Excellent analysis. But like you said "Spoelstra is an average coach. I noticed this after game 1. I should be on those sidelines." So everything you just said is what you "expect", not what you would tell the players yourself, which really means that all this analysis isn't going to help your bets, they are just hopes. At the end of the day everyone is just flipping a coin, good luck.

NiCkLe GiLcH
    NiCkLe GiLcH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

im on Indy +8 -130 .. 650/500 ... but im far from sold on this play
    my big play is 2200/2000 INDY 1H +4

NiCkLe GiLcH
    NiCkLe GiLcH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

cant wait to see them try to get wade involved early off curls and screens and watch him start the game 1 for 5 tossing up bricks

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

You had me at LakerBoy is on Indiana

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I saved the fake analysis and made a similar post, Miami by 6-8 PTs

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

point #6 - heat get outrebounded by 20 by indiana regularly

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Tonight will be the final in a long line of burials for Goat.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Goat wins. Not many sharper than goat and I.

Twizz n lb on pacers ml, pound it bros

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

This is crazy!

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I have only bet 2 games this entire series. Miami game 3 and Miami game 5. I've rewatched the game 3 times and here is my brief analysis. I don't mess around when I'm tossing around this kind of money. Doesn't come as easy to me as it does to lakerman and some others.

In game 5, I said the recipe for success would be to front Hibbert on every play possible. Haslem was pretty successful in this respect but still had some lapses. Game 6, they completely went away from that in the 2nd half. There was too much focus by Wade and Chalmers and Lebron on the pass into the post that they were backing off on guys like Paul George, Hill, etc, guys you can't give that couple of feet because they are going to rise up every time. You need to play Hibbert 1 on 1 in this game 7. The only time I suggest a hard collapse will be when Hibbert is near the baseline and you can essentially use the baseline as a defender.

2nd point- You have to front David West if you're going to put Battier on him. West might be the strongest post player in the NBA. Battier is a SF. You need Lebron to switch onto West whenever possible. Lebron's lower body is stronger than West so when he fronts him, it'll be impossible to get the ball into West with Lebron's combination of lower body strength and vertical.

3rd point- As much that's been made of Wade and Bosh this series, Lebron James has been awful on the defensive end of the ball. THe strategy for MIA has been allow Wade to guard Paul George and let Lebron save his energy for the offensive end. Unfortunately, Paul has done the majority of his damage when Lebron has switched onto him. Lebron is not 250 pounds. He's 275. Maybe more. The guy has lost a step in quickness since a few years ago. He's putting on too much muscle and George has blown by him several times. James needs to accept the challenge of guarding multiple guys on the floor tonight and stop worrying about chucking up 25 shots a game. He needs to relax on the shot attempts. I expect a magic-type performance from Lebron on the offensive end tonight. 10 assists probably.

4th point- It's clear that Wade is not healthy. For those saying he's washed up, I do believe he's one of maybe 3 players? to average over 20 5 and 5 this year. All on taking only 15-16 shots a game, and a career year in fg%. Guys like Wade need shots to get in a rhythm. You can't let Wade take only 7, 8, 10 shots a game. That type of player needs touches. He needs to feel the ball. See the ball go through the rim. A lot of the shots he's missed have been bunnies. He's been scared to elevate and put a lot of pressure on that knee. Wade came out and said that he wants more touches in game 7. Expect this team to follow their true leader in Wade and for him to come out and drop 20+ points and take at least 15 shots.

5th point- Bosh got manhandled in game 6. He's been destroyed by Hibbert in every game this season. Spoelstra has thoroughly been outcoached this series. When does Bosh need to be on the court? When Mahimi is out there to give Hibbert a breather. Spoelstra is an average coach. I noticed this after game 1. I should be on those sidelines. Bosh is spending way too much time on the perimeter and hasn't been aggressive. I expect double digit points tonight from him as well. Why? The recipe for MIA is quite simple. When both Lebron and Wade are attacking the paint with efficiency, you have no choice but to bring hibbert and west down to collapse. Seeing as though Wade has been struggling big time, it's no surprise that Bosh hasn't been getting open looks. A good game from Wade usually means a solid game from Bosh as well.

6th point- Expect MIA to focus on getting Wade involved early off flare screens and off those curls him and James frequently run in the paint. As a leader, James needs to understand that he can't take 25 shots this game. He MUST get guys like Allen, Battier, CHalmers involved early and often. With PG defending Lebron quite well, I don't expect him to score over 30 tonight.

Haslem should be a beneficiary of both James and Wade tonight.

Pacers offensive system will collapse tonight, just how I said it would in game 5. Spending so much time trying to feed the big men tonight is gonna leave the perimeter players with minimal time to get their shots up.

On a defensive note, they've done a great job of guarding 1 on 1 throughout this series. If Wade gets going, that whole formula changes, even if Vogal tells them not to. It's instinct. Hibbert gets worried and starts rotating down, leaving Bosh and Haslem open in the corners and on the elbows.

MIAMI -350 Risk $6000
    Miami -4 -170 Risk $1000 (5 dimes line)
    MIA HT& FT -130 Risk $325 (5 dimes prop)
    MIA wins by 6-10 +310 (5 dimes line) Risk $75
    JAMES OVER 6.5 assists +110 (5 dimes line) Risk $100
    WADE OVER 16 points -110 Risking $330

As you can see, with this amount of money on the line, I'm pretty scared to take the -7. I Think it's possible MIA squeaks out a 4 5 point win. IMO I think they win by 6. I'm not taking a -7 with that little margin for error. The Pacers are a very good team, and I suspect them to play well tonight, but just be outmatched here.

FYI MIA ML is my biggest bet of the year.
    I'd be careful. I don't disagree with some of your analysis but my biggest concern is the officials. If thet let them play, Indiana can win. If they call it close, then Indiana can't be as physical and Miami may spend the night on the foul line. I am watching the first half and may get some better value with the second half lines.
    Would not take Mia for first half as they always seem to turn it on in the second half.

TwoWays

My gift to GM. For the next analysis or more analysis on this game.

TwoWays

For side out plays

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    This is crazy!
    Unpredictable.....That's what the hell it is right about now.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Good luck. Took miami heat first quarter myself.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Anyone who knows Goatmilk and gamblers who think like Goatmilk know that these people bet on Miami every game. As a matter of fact, these gamblers bet on favorites every game and wonder why they win 35% of the time.

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

No value at the current price to even take miami ml

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biggest bet of the year on a ML when you don't even think that team will cover the spread. That makes sense.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave DrStale 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Biggest bet of the year on a Game 7 that can go either way on a dead even series?

Seems more like being a fan that a sports better.

Had you said biggest bet of the year on the under or something, fine. 6k to win what? like 1700?

Doesn't make sense to me...

I wish you luck, I'm on the Under ...

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Solid post
    Goater is a quality poster , good shit man.
    glad someone thinks so

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Goat loses every single year

If he wins this, he is pretty much guaranteed to be up for the year, no matter what happens in the Finals

If he loses, he is buried for the year

Hmm I wonder what the bet should be on?

123 Last