chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Something that is Really Bothering Me about the Roy Hibbert "No Homo" Comment

I watch Dan Patrick when I don't have to work in the morning as First Take is processed, scripted trash but I unconsciously turned on ESPN2 while DP was on commercial yesterday and overheard Stephen A. trying to explain to the square white masses what "no homo" means. Stephen A., the fakest black person of all time, somehow thought Hibbert was qualifying his entire sentiment towards Paul George with the "no homo", i.e. if you tell a friend you love them and follow it with "no homo". In reality, Hibbert was qualifying his comment about Lebron "stretching him out", as in how his butthole would be stretched out if Lebron put his dick into his butthole. The entire media kind of ran with this misinterpretation. Anyone else notice this? Very frustrating that there is not an actual, "hip", younger reporter who can identify this, explain exactly why he said the phrase and why it isn't homophobic as much as a part of the dialect of both Hibbert and basically the NBA and urban society as a whole.

PS- This is not a race thing, either. I have also heard that. Urban is different than black and if you fail to realize that then you, sir, are the racist. I use "no homo" all the time and have gay acquaintances and coworkers and do not consider myself to be homophobic. It is really a frustrating thing that everything has to be holy or evil in the media. Nothing is innocuous anymore.

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

I think this will serve as distraction to pacers and he won't perform well. Cb for 49ers something about gay people*right before superbowl and he had bad game too. I also read notre dame found out about manti teos girlfriend before championship game and we know how that turned out.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

I definitely agree and it won't help them at all. The Pacers never had a chance in hell to win this series but it is still something they did not need. Can you imagine if Lebron James said that? Absolute outrage. My problem is more with the media's inability to properly diagnose exactly what he was saying and why he said "no homo" in that moment. It is really frustrating. It's like when I see someone type "your stupid", but there are thousands of media outlets simultaneously sending me a message that says "your stupid".