butter674
    butter674's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Home team in NBA game 7's just under 8O% winning clip

Just saying, be careful about writing off the heat in game 7. Additionally, David Stern would in fact fire the officials for game 7 in the event Indy wins.

There is nothing that should give you any confidence about wagering on the Heat after "Witnessing" last nights game. For all of you who lost money last night, game 7 in a virtual "must play" on the Heat. I personally had no money on the game last night but am strongly considering a play on the Heat in game 7. Keep in mind, in the highly unlikely event R. Hibbert gets suspended for G7 the line will move in a fashion that is unreflective of Hibbert's true value to this game.

Be smart with your money on this game....

GL to all and be sharp

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Gotta stop with this david stern crap. You people who think this way should stop watching bball and find something else to whine about. You spend so much time talking about a sport you think is so crooked. Makes no sense.

butter674

Do you think the officials live in a bubble? Who are they paid by? How does their employer generate revenue? Does your employer not expect you to generate additional revenue for the company when possible? How is sports different than any other for profit corporation in America? The only difference is one is covered on MSNBC and one on ESPN. Ratings sir translate to dollars in this fiscally driven world. Being nieve about it does not make it any less true.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Butter blade sharp

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i think i might actually take the pacers and points. miami losing game 6 said it all. only lebron cares on this team and wow, never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

You are an emotional gambler. What does game 6 have to do with game 7? What did game 5 have to do with game 6? Absolutely nothing, except you are now emotionally invested in Indy right? Don't fall for the Okie Doke. Heat ml is pretty much an absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    i think i might actually take the pacers and points. miami losing game 6 said it all. only lebron cares on this team and wow, never thought those words would come out of my mouth.
    Butters gets it. CREAM - Cash Rules Everything Around Me as a Ref. Either you respect how your bread is buttered or you stop getting bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Gotta stop with this david stern crap. You people who think this way should stop watching bball and find something else to whine about. You spend so much time talking about a sport you think is so crooked. Makes no sense.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Lebron threw his team under the bus, Wade threw Lebron under the bus...this team is in shambles. Pacers have a great shot. There is discention in the ranks. I smell trouble for the Heat in game 7

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

the heat are still favored by 7 at this time on you wager. the bookmaker's want you to think the pacers getting 7 against a heat team that "can't score and defend the younger and stronger pacers" will keep it close. its the emotional investment as mentioned. game 5 the heat covered and so do the heat in game 7. pacers much different on the road.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by butter674 View Post
    Do you think the officials live in a bubble? Who are they paid by? How does their employer generate revenue? Does your employer not expect you to generate additional revenue for the company when possible? How is sports different than any other for profit corporation in America? The only difference is one is covered on MSNBC and one on ESPN. Ratings sir translate to dollars in this fiscally driven world. Being nieve about it does not make it any less true.
    It's completely different. "Rigging" a game that is televised to millions is a little bit different than Joe Schmo doing something dishonest to generate revenue with no one watching. The risk of getting caught is literally exponentially more with the NBA.

butter674

And with the Johnny-come-lately ESPN crew and Stephen A types telling everyone it's all Indy and bosh,wade are through. Comical to think that just a month or two ago these same media types were telling us the heat were the best team of all time in professional team sports. Thusly, the home lines were reflective of the media hype with double digit spreads even though the heat actually trialled by double digits at some point in over half of the games during "the streak". So if they're so awful and tried and hurt and Indy is the right team at the right time, why aren't the lines reflective of such at home? The oddsmakers aren't playing a public option on this one, they're playing the facts.

GL to all

butter674

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    It's completely different. "Rigging" a game that is televised to millions is a little bit different than Joe Schmo doing something dishonest to generate revenue with no one watching. The risk of getting caught is literally exponentially more with the NBA.
    It's not nearly as obvious as you're thinking. These games come down to fraction decisions to be made by everyone on court including the refs in a split second. Having seeds planted affects the human mind. Why players/managers/coaches constantly chatter to the officials? A few foul calls going from one side to the other can make the difference (and often does) in the outcome of the game and your wager. Is home field advantage just because the team had to sleep in a hotel and fans aren't so nice to them; maybe sometimes but the officials get an assist in the HFA as well. Think what you like of the paranoia but why then have home teams in game 7's in the NBA won at such a clip? Refs are human and are affected by the emotional waves of the game just like the fans and coaches. To think that they can be affected by one emotion and not the other is a bit optimistic. When the conspiracies are spoken of in sports it's said rather tongue in cheek but as they say with every joke there is a bit of truth. You can watch game 7 for yourself and determine how much truth in this one.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

you're exactly right butter674.

perfect example is when the Heat ran out the clock on the last possession of the game

last night.

they did not want to cover the 4th Q line. Pub was real heavy on Heat 4th Q.

i bet if Pub had been heavy on IND 4th Q, Chalmers would've hauled ass & scored a layup with a few seconds left

lol.

butter674

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    you're exactly right butter674.

perfect example is when the Heat ran out the clock on the last possession of the game

last night.

they did not want to cover the 4th Q line. Pub was real heavy on Heat 4th Q.

i bet if Pub had been heavy on IND 4th Q, Chalmers would've hauled ass & scored a layup with a few seconds left

lol.
    Funny, I was considering a play on Indy in the 1st and watched all the blown point blank shots they had and then turned the ball over at the end of the quarter. I wish I knew what the players bet on...

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021

Quote Originally Posted by butter674 View Post
    Funny, I was considering a play on Indy in the 1st and watched all the blown point blank shots they had and then turned the ball over at the end of the quarter. I wish I knew what the players bet on...
    Public was heavy on Indy 1st Q

Public was heavy on MIA 2nd Q, 3rd Q & 4th Q

Public was 53% on MIA for the game

this is from the SBR Odds forum

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

And the current line reflects that stat.

Currently MIA is averaging -360. Breakeven on that line is 78.2%

butter674

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    And the current line reflects that stat.

Currently MIA is averaging -360. Breakeven on that line is 78.2%
    Nice.

At those number it truly is up to you to determine if this is one of the 1 in 5 that pull off the upset on the ml. I personally don't have the stones to lay $ on Indy in this spot on the ml. I personally am very interested to see how the public plays affect the line. I would guess line will move tomorrow and perhaps if your considering any kind of Indy play in this spot, late tomorrow would be the time to play it. I have only been handicapping NBA for 5 years so I am still learning the trends in certain spots. The NFL has always been my concentration.
    P
    GL

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

MIA is always a public play. Especially at home. A lot of that is already represented in the line but I would expect the to pount the Heat.

The question is, are the books going to take a position on this game and side with sharp money or try and balance action.

butter674

I waiting on my money to see...

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Miami wins in a blow out

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021

New Jersey was not aware of this stat & they layed an egg against Chicago lol

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

80% does not equal 100% shithead

butter674

Then Miami has to be the play and so do the next 3 home teams in game 7's. I wish it was that easy!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    With millions of eyes comes a greater responsibility to be elusive. Cheating may not come in the traditional form you may think of as paying a referee off with thousands of dollars. It could be as simple as a backroom speech or talk with a referee, with Stern saying something like "It'll be tough for the association if Miami loses game 7". Something as slight as that, coming from the guy that decides your paycheque could determine the decisions a referee makes.

Now when it comes to the actions on the floor, if you've watched this game enough, you know how easy a series of purposely unfair calls can change the course of a game.

And that's all it really takes to rig a game. It's not always about the 6 figure bribes, it could be as easy as hinting that your career or role at your job is in jeopardy if you don't do something that is illegal.