Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Wade just missed 2 more layups. Bosh shoots a brick..
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 06-01-13 at 09:07 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You must have just started front running with the Heat???...

With DWade, after getting swept by Chicago (0-4) in the first round of the 2006-2007 playoffs they followed that up in 2007-2008 with the worst record in the league. 15-67 (0.183)

That Heat team w/o Lebron would most definitely beat this Heat team. Look at the roster. It's basically the same with a more healthy, younger Wade.

You must also listen to a lot of radio and Colin Cowherd who is notorious for sucking off Lebron. He loved to point out that the Cavs went from first to worst without Lebron but what he won't mention is that that Cavs team was a shell of itself, battling injuries and major roster changes after Lebron fukked them. Once he left the Cavs cut bait, reduced salary by trading assets. This meant, new coach, new players, no one healthy, playing with D League guys most nights and they still didn't have the worst record in the league.

The Cav's are making all the right moves after Lebron and are in a good position to be one of the top teams in the East in a couple of years. Miami is going to have some tough decisions regarding Bosh and Wade with the new salary cap. I think you see them find a way to deal Wade or make him sign for the league minimum which is going to be tough for his ego. I actually think Lebron is going to bail for NY, Chicago or LA. He's too much of a front runner.
    I hate the Heat as a franchise ever since the whole Knicks/Heat rivalry back in the day....I am a Lebron fan but still usually root against them as a team

Haven't listened to Cowherd in about 3 years

All I'm saying is the Cavs then were absolute trash without Lebron.....This Heat team is not good but they are better for sure than the Lebron Cavs

Lebron will sign with the Cavs after next season anyway Him and Kyrie in his prime with some other nice pieces

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

While i dont fully agree...at this point in the playoffs...big z and boobie gibson looked like hall of famers compared to wade and bosh. Wade ia hurting though, you can see it on his free throws, dude cant even bend his legs to get some legs into it...looks he should be in the nursing home

Mac4Lyfe

The Cavs were without 90% of the players they had in 2009.
    Lebron gone, Mo Will gone, Delonte West gone, Shaq gone, Hickson gone, Danny Green gone, BigZ gone, Moon gone, Powe gone, Telfair gone, Verajao injured.

Parker and Jamison were the 2 guys left over. Good luck winning games with those 2. The Cav's went to tank mode midway into the season as it became clear that they needed to rebuild.

It's very disingenuous to try and compare 2009 Cavaliers with 2010 Cavs and say they were the same team that just lost Lebron. That is very far from the truth. I know it makes Lebron look like the hero but the Cav's built their entire team around Lebron. What do you think would happen when he left into the sunset?

And don't believe for 1 minute that Lebron is coming back to Cleveland. It's all a PR move to try and garner some sympathy from fans. He has zero intentions of going back to Cleveland apart from his house in Akron which he doesn't claim as Cleveland anyway. I know several people that are in his enterouge. It ain't happening. He either reups in Miami or look to big market LA, NY or Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    All I'm saying is the Cavs then were absolute trash without Lebron.....This Heat team is not good but they are better for sure than the Lebron Cavs

Lebron will sign with the Cavs after next season anyway Him and Kyrie in his prime with some other nice pieces
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 06-01-13 at 09:58 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

The Cavs were without 90% of the players they had in 2009.
    Lebron gone, Mo Will gone, Delonte West gone, Shaq gone, Hickson gone, Danny Green gone, BigZ gone, Moon gone, Powe gone, Telfair gone, Verajao injured.

Parker and Jamison were the 2 guys left over. Good luck winning games with those 2. The Cav's went to tank mode midway into the season as it became clear that they needed to rebuild.

It's very disingenuous to try and compare 2009 Cavaliers with 2010 Cavs and say they were the same team that just lost Lebron. That is very far from the truth. I know it makes Lebron look like the hero but the Cav's built their entire team around Lebron. What do you think would happen when he left into the sunset?
    That supporting cast - Lebron is trash.....I'm not sure why people argue otherwise......Not even close to one other all-star caliber player. Verajao the only player worth a damn at the time

Heat right now are not good either, but come on

Mac4Lyfe

Explain to me how did the Cavs win 66 games when the EC was much tougher? Something the Heat could only tie? How was Cleveland beating teams by 10+ points a night? Go back and look at the threads we had here where Cleveland had ridiculous double digit lines that they kept covering over and over again. I remember they had a line of like 17 against some team (I think Washington), unheard of in the NBA without injuries and they still covered. Do you really think he was a 1 man show?

Cleveland had shooters, very good rebounders, good defenders and a deep bench. They played 10-11 guys deep. Lebron played less minutes than with the Heat. They had a better coach that taught defense and much better bigs in Shaq, Z, Verajao, Hickson, Jamison and Powe. Even the front court is on par with the Heat in MoWill, Delonte West, Tony Parker, Danny Green, Daniel Gibson and Sebastian Telfair. Chalmers isn't better than any of these guys and Wade just got his AARP card.

The biggest difference is that Lebron is a much better player today than 4 years ago. Put this Lebron on that Cleveland team and they beat the shit out of today's Heat.

That supporting cast - Lebron is trash.....I'm not sure why people argue otherwise......Not even close to one other all-star caliber player. Verajao the only player worth a damn at the time

Heat right now are not good either, but come on
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ramones951

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Lebron carrying the Heat this season. Bosh and Wade are injured role players this series. They have no answer for the bigs

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I didn't really watch LJ in Cleveland and don't know their squad but this Miami team was put together with NO CENTER.....its like building a baseball team w/nobody that can play catcher.

Put that on Riley I guess but you have to atleast have a 7 ft big thats not a total stiff...that can play D and rebound. They're making Hibbert look like Wilt Hakeem O'neal

Mac4Lyfe

Wade and Bosh... 4 for 19 tonight. combined for 6 rebounds and just 1 assist.

Lebron had twice as many points than them combined, more rebounds than them combined and 5 more assist. Dam, Lebron must wish he was back in Cleveland.

Wade now has 12 straight games under 20 points.

Bosh first time since he was a rookie with 3 straight games under 10 points.

Lot of help these guys are...

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

"Lebron had more help in Cleveland" STOP IT! ...JUST STOP IT!

Mac4Lyfe

They didn't have enough cap room to sign a quality center. Bosh, Lebron and Wade all signed for max deals. You're not going to get a decent Center without paying him something above the vet minimum.

It only gets worse as the new cap hits. They are going to have to redo some contracts. I think they redo Wade's and force him to lower his salary. He's just not pulling his weight. They will also lose guys like Ray Allen and Haslem soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I didn't really watch LJ in Cleveland and don't know their squad but this Miami team was put together with NO CENTER.....its like building a baseball team w/nobody that can play catcher.

Put that on Riley I guess but you have to atleast have a 7 ft big thats not a total stiff...that can play D and rebound. They're making Hibbert look like Wilt Hakeem O'neal

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this for real still going on?
    this core went to back to back finals and we have guys talkin about cleveland being better?
    every1 on the cavs were role players
    he came to miami and the results shud have ended this argument
    i dunno wat these people are talking about .................

Mac4Lyfe

The NBA has been down the last few years. Both the East and West is a bunch of dysfunctional teams with poor coaching.
    Going to back to back finals is nice but when you have basically 3 teams in the East worth a dam, it isn't hard to do. The Cav's went to the finals with Lebron too and was very close several times.

The Heat has won 1 title in a strike shortened season that many people think was aided by bogus refs. The results have not ended this argument. Miami right now look worst than Cleveland did. Lebrons back is dam near broke with all the heavy lifting. Bosh and Wade look like hot garbage. They are scruggling...

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    is this for real still going on?
    this core went to back to back finals and we have guys talkin about cleveland being better?
    every1 on the cavs were role players
    he came to miami and the results shud have ended this argument
    i dunno wat these people are talking about .................

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Lebron will be a Cav again after next season till he retires.....They will be loaded and Lebron wants to be loved and bring a championship to his roots

Bank on it

Mac4Lyfe

I will bet whatever you feel up to losing that Lebron will not be a Cavalier in 2015. It ain't happening...

Lebron will be a Cav again after next season till he retires.....They will be loaded and Lebron wants to be loved and bring a championship to his roots

Bank on it

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I will bet whatever you feel up to losing that Lebron will not be a Cavalier in 2015. It ain't happening...
    What's your reasons? If the cap space/money works I would put the Cavs as the most likely destination

With Kyrie Irving entering his prime as a legit stud and a bunch of other young talented players, it might be Lebron's best decision based off of talent on the court alone......Then you add the fact that Lebron wants to be loved back in his home of NE Ohio and it makes the most sense

Don't see him resigning with the Heat, but I'm sure other spots will look good too

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Wade really need to take a paycut in his new contract if he wants LBJ to stay. That will at least allow them to sign another sidekick to help LBJ.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Found this on CBSsports:

"Executives and agents around the league are convinced the Cavaliers won't do anything to jeopardize their ability to sign a free agent to a max contract during the summer of 2014, when LeBron James can again become a free agent. As fans in Northeast Ohio continue to howl and remain divided about the possibility of his return, more and more people around the league believe there is a strong possibility James will indeed return to Cleveland after next season.

The Cavs are well aware of this, too, and won't take on a bad contract if it compromises their cap space in two years. That means any bad contract they would obtain in a potential trade would have to expire after next season. It doesn't make a deal impossible, but it dramatically reduces the field — and it decreases the price the Cavs can command since their future obligations would be brief."

Mac4Lyfe

I know several people close to LBJ. They know him very well and he is in no way seriously contemplating ever returning to the Cavs. He's been there done that. He's already told them he stays in Miami or go to bigger things (Lakers, NY or Chicago). He will spend summers at home in Akron but that's it. He doesn't like the cold weather and prefers to only be in Ohio when it's warm but I guess he would concede for NY and Chicago.

All the stuff in the news is just smokescreens...

What's your reasons? If the cap space/money works I would put the Cavs as the most likely destination

Mac4Lyfe

The jury is still out on whether KI can stay healthy. Cavs look to be on the way up but Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Zeller are all very young and who knows how they pan out. A lot will depend on how well Grant puts together the pieces. Mike Brown will at least instill defense which was lacking toward the end of this season.

With Kyrie Irving entering his prime as a legit stud and a bunch of other young talented players, it might be Lebron's best decision based off of talent on the court alone.....

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I know several people close to LBJ. They know him very well and he is in no way seriously contemplating ever returning to the Cavs. He's been there done that. He's already told them he stays in Miami or go to bigger things (Lakers, NY or Chicago). He will spend summers at home in Akron but that's it. He doesn't like the cold weather and prefers to only be in Ohio when it's warm but I guess he would concede for NY and Chicago.

All the stuff in the news is just smokescreens...
    Oh well, things can change I guess.....I still think there's a good chance......I just feel like Kyrie, Waiters, Zeller, Thompson, and probably Noel with the 1st pick this draft will be his best option on the court for a future dynasty.....You add Lebron to that young nucleus and they will be instant favorites IMO. Lebron also loves Mike Brown fwiw.

Also, no matter what people close to him say, he would still love bringing the championship to Cleveland more than anywhere else.....Redemption from the decision disaster. If he brought a championship to his hometown he would be a hero there forever and a good guy to the public......Pretty sure he loves being the good guy deep down inside

Should be interesting....I don't doubt you, but people change their minds, still a long way to go before the decision part 2

Mac4Lyfe

Where are you getting that LBJ loves MB? That is absolutely false. LBJ thought MB was an idiot, to say it nicely. LBJ felt he was above MB for sure. MB had to cowtow to LBJ at every step. He lost his authority with LBJ that hurt him as a coach. It hurt LBJ too because he wouldn't listen to anyone.

Don't read into all the crap about LBJ coming back to Cleveland. It's all hatched up by Rich Paul (LBJ's agent), who also manages Tristan Thompson. He wants LBJ to come back but LBJ is beyond that. Mike Brown probably doesn't matter in the big scheme of LBJ's decision because he could probably get Brown fired twice if he wanted to come back but...

1 If the Cavaliers felt they had a realistic shot at James after next season, they would not have hired back Brown.

2 Obviously, the Cavaliers have moved on; they are not dreaming about bringing back a former lover.

A lot could happen between now and then but Cleveland is very low on his priority list right now.

Lebron also loves Mike Brown fwiw.

Should be interesting....I don't doubt you, but people change their minds, still a long way to go before the decision part 2

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I'm not reading into anything really, just feel like the Cavs would be a good fit......The Mike Brown thing is a small piece anyway good or bad

Cavs would take him back in a second, and will be able to offer a max contract

What team can offer a future dynasty to Lebron......The Cavs will have like 4 or 5 super talented and young top 10 picks for years, including a fellow superstar Point Guard (who needs to stay healthy, but he's awesome)

Mac4Lyfe

Still a lot of questions around the entire Cav team. KI is the only sure thing if he stays healthy (which is a big if). After KI, Verajao is the next best guy but he's a broke down mule too and should have been traded 2 years ago. Now they can't get a box of gum for him. Tristan Thompson is limited offensively, Waiters is questionable and I don't think Zeller is a starting center in the league. They have the #1 pick in one of the weakest drafts as far as a clear player to take #1. Right now I don't see 4/5 super talented guys. I see guys fighting for starters minutes. Cavs have zero bench and they don't know how to play defense. Too many variables to think the Cavs will be in the upper echelon of the NBA.

They have potential but that's just because they are young. Can Grant get a guy like Lamarcus Aldridge, Demarcus Cousins, Al Horford or Kevin Love? Not sure if he can wheel a great deal. If they do and can win like 48-50 games that would be incredible but I'm not holding my breath. I like Washington much more than Cleveland right now.

I'm not reading into anything really, just feel like the Cavs would be a good fit......The Mike Brown thing is a small piece anyway good or bad

Cavs would take him back in a second, and will be able to offer a max contract

What team can offer a future dynasty to Lebron......The Cavs will have like 4 or 5 super talented and young top 10 picks for years, including a fellow superstar Point Guard (who needs to stay healthy, but he's awesome)

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Irving
    Waiters
    Lebron

And then Zeller, Noel, and Thompson in the front court

Add a few shooters and draft a backup point guard

Just think they would be legit contenders for years to come with that squad mostly because they would all be young and entering their prime while Lebron would be the star veteran

If they don't get Lebron they should try to swing a deal for another star like you said

Who wouldn't want to see Kyrie and Lebron though?? Lethal....

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

If Mike Brown was no coaching the 2010 team and 'Spo' was not coaching this years team. I would pick the cavs any day. Overall so much more talent and youth on the Cavs. Bosh on the Big Fella???? PLEASE

Brown is not a good coach & the Big 3 was on a mission that year.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

I was just thinking about this, being from Cleveland. I think the problem for LeBron is that he is THAT much better than the rest of the league and his teammates. What I mean is that every possession, they want to give the ball to him because he has the potential to score on every single offensive play because he's so dominant. Because of that, he gets the ball more, makes more plays, and ends up carrying his team in the end because he's an incredible talent. He will always carry his team for as long as he's playing at this level.

jsmithj88

The NBA has been down the last few years. Both the East and West is a bunch of dysfunctional teams with poor coaching.
    Going to back to back finals is nice but when you have basically 3 teams in the East worth a dam, it isn't hard to do. The Cav's went to the finals with Lebron too and was very close several times.

The Heat has won 1 title in a strike shortened season that many people think was aided by bogus refs. The results have not ended this argument. Miami right now look worst than Cleveland did. Lebrons back is dam near broke with all the heavy lifting. Bosh and Wade look like hot garbage. They are scruggling...
    that is no different than when there were only 3 title contenders in his cavs days
    whatever happend in the regular season has no relevance in the playoffs
    how do u think boston kept kicking the cavs asses in the playoffs?
    u had 3 stars taking turns, while lebron had a bunch of role players waiting for lebron to do something

did we forget how fantastic wade was in the playoffs last year?
    was lebron gonna get past the celtics or pacers by himself?
    has AV or mo williams ever put up the production wade put out last years playoffs?
    that why lebron left the cavs; to team up with other stars who can help him take over the games

whatever argument u string together for the cavs team is just laughable
    they simply do not measure up to the potential and the results that the big 3 have achieved these last couple years
    wade has taken over games, bosh has taken over games
    who on the cavs has taken over a game for lebron?

jsmithj88

Irving
    Waiters
    Lebron

And then Zeller, Noel, and Thompson in the front court

Add a few shooters and draft a backup point guard

Just think they would be legit contenders for years to come with that squad mostly because they would all be young and entering their prime while Lebron would be the star veteran

If they don't get Lebron they should try to swing a deal for another star like you said

Who wouldn't want to see Kyrie and Lebron though?? Lethal....
    lebron wants to win a title
    none of those dudes are gonna help him anytime soon
    seriously, y would lebron go to a team that hasnt even made the playoffs ?
    if dwight resigns with the lakers, lebron is more likely to sign with the rockets, clippers, warriors, before the cavs even come up.
    all 3 have young talent that have been to the playoffs

Mac4Lyfe

You must not be keeping up with current events??? The NBA has a bunch of suck ass teams the past 2 years. The Bulls, with half their starting lineup injured pushed this overrated Heat squad. Indiana is a very flawed team that wouldn't even had gotten out of the first round 4 years ago and they are pushing the Heat. We are now seeing what we saw 2 years ago. A team that has only Lebron to fall back on.

Last year? Have you been looking at this year? AV and Mo Williams look like Scottie and MJ compared to Bosh-Flop and Wade-Flop. Bosh hadn't scored in double figures in 3 straight games. When has MoWill or AV ever do that in a playoff series? Bosh and Wade had 1 assist and 4 rebounds COMBINED last night. When was the last time that ever happened with Mo and AV? Bosh and Wade went 3 for 19... What other stars has Lebron teamed up with?

We're seeing Cleveland 2.0 in this Heat squad but the only difference is that these guys are short in the britches.

Big 3... Really?

that is no different than when there were only 3 title contenders in his cavs days
    whatever happend in the regular season has no relevance in the playoffs
    how do u think boston kept kicking the cavs asses in the playoffs?
    u had 3 stars taking turns, while lebron had a bunch of role players waiting for lebron to do something

did we forget how fantastic wade was in the playoffs last year?
    was lebron gonna get past the celtics or pacers by himself?
    has AV or mo williams ever put up the production wade put out last years playoffs?
    that why lebron left the cavs; to team up with other stars who can help him take over the games

wade has taken over games, bosh has taken over games

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Just saw a stat on espn 2days ago showing lebrons supporting cast in 08 got more points rebounds and assiststhen this heat team.

KingJD31

Wade is a shell of himself all i hear is that he's hurt. Bosh is legit still but wade is honestly avg player now

KingJD31

You think this heat team has more talent than the cavs? Not counting LeBron
    lebron wants to win a title
    none of those dudes are gonna help him anytime soon
    seriously, y would lebron go to a team that hasnt even made the playoffs ?
    if dwight resigns with the lakers, lebron is more likely to sign with the rockets, clippers, warriors, before the cavs even come up.
    all 3 have young talent that have been to the playoffs

Mac4Lyfe

Of course he had more help in Cleveland. Anybody watching this series is seeing an average Miami team made up of role players. Wade and Bosh should be donating their paychecks to the POW-MIA fund.

What's even worst is that the NBA is severely down as far as overall talent. There's a lot of junk teams that started tanking early into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Just saw a stat on espn 2days ago showing lebrons supporting cast in 08 got more points rebounds and assiststhen this heat team.

Mac4Lyfe

Wade is done as a player. An old billy goat that can't pull his weight. The never ending excuses for this guy the last 3 years is nauseating. We're all seeing a player that is in steady decline. It happens very quickly to shooting guards who never learn to shoot. Once they lose their athleticism, it's an ugly sight. Wade's injuries are what we label as old age.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Wade is a shell of himself all i hear is that he's hurt. Bosh is legit still but wade is honestly avg player now

First 123 Last