trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Marc Gasol says "we're playing against 1 of the greatest teams of the last 15 yrs"

Is he right or wroing? I think he might be talking out of his ass but I also think he is right. This Spurs team is very dangerous and I don't know how I didn't see it. TP, duncan, green, leonard, manu, splitter, bonner, etc. THey are loaded way beyond anyone else. Heat/SPurs is the matchup and it looks to end spurs in 6. The heat cannot keep up with this team, crazy as it sounds. I got 1/7 of the bankroll on them at +220.

Splashingthrees
    Splashingthrees's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

You didn't see it because you most likely dont watch basketball games you just check the boxscore at the end of every game..

"The heat cannot keep up with this team" - lol. The heat hasn't lost to the spurs since march 2011. I understand regular season games dont mean much but holy sh*t easy on the bandwagon buddy.
    Last edited by Splashingthrees; 05-28-13 at 05:32 AM.

trevor123698

I watched practically every game of the playoffs. You will lose your money. I suggest you take a look back at my recent posts. I was way off recently saying memphis could take the spurs and that the pacers could take the heat but I never bet anything significant at all on any of it to happen. I was on memphis huge and am now on spurs huge to make it up. Just wait and see it happen.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

The ONLY teams Heat have trouble with are teams that pound inside and have big guys..their STRENGTH is playing fast which is what San Antonio does...Tony Parker won't be scoring 37 when Lebron James is staring down his face...and don't forget San Antonio swept Lebron in finals before, So, I'm pretty sure he will be out for revenge if Heat does make it to the finals

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    The ONLY teams Heat have trouble with are teams that pound inside and have big guys..their STRENGTH is playing fast which is what San Antonio does...Tony Parker won't be scoring 37 when Lebron James is staring down his face...and don't forget San Antonio swept Lebron in finals before, So, I'm pretty sure he will be out for revenge if Heat does make it to the finals
    Yep. I believe in a close game you will see James guarding Parker down the stretch much the same way he took on Rose 2 years ago.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Easing griz loss, that is all.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Gasol is correct....The Spurs are one of the best teams of the last 15 years and I would put them ahead of the Lakers. Its hard to believe they have not been the Dance since 07...Popovich has created a system that does not require one player or another to be effective....its a collective that works by way of function...if you play for the spurs and do what your supposed to do...the team wins.. Even after Duncan is gone...Parker and Ginobili will still have at least 2 to 3 years and a bench more than ready to step up...The Suns, Lakers, Pistons, all had their runs in the 2000's.....this Spurs team has outlasted them all.....

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

S. Jackson gonna be feelin low if Spurs win it all

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    This Spurs team is very dangerous and I don't know how I didn't see it. TP, duncan, green, leonard, manu, splitter, bonner, etc. THey are loaded way beyond anyone else.
    No point listing off players, how are the Heat any less loaded? Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray, Birdman, Battier, Miller, etc. (I mean if you're including Bonner why not!)

Totally agree. People are underestimating what a different ball game it will be when Lebron is on TP. I think for the Heat to win that's the key. Whatever rhythm TP and the Spurs offense have right now could go out the window, and I believe that's why the books are favoring Miami as much as they are.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

I respect Marc Gasol. He is as honest as they come. He was quoted as saying "Its a reason they always win." And, "They taught us a lesson." These 2 teams knew they would meet in the Finals that's why they were playing mind games earlier. And it's not like the Spurs haven't seen Lebron. Spurs in 6.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

You just found out the Spurs are good?

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I really hope you're right and Spurs beat the Heat. But I keep getting flashbacks to last year's meltdown against OKC. OKC defended them very well and Spurs couldn't get any good looks with the halfcourt offense. It was horrible possession after horrible possession and they got punished at the other end. It was painful to watch and Miami is more than capable of doing it to them as well. I don't care how Pop's sytem works normally with not being reliant on certain players to be good, against Miami their big three and one or two role players all have to have a great night at the same time four games out of seven.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

I watched that second Heat Spurs game. They double Tony 80% of the time top of the key on the pick n roll. Took him totally out of the game, but remember he was coming off an injury. But keep that in mind, when you want to know how the Heat will defend him.

Menses

Pacers series is not over...getting a bit ahead of ourselves...but if Miami is to move on....I would imagine Lebron would be out for blood against the team that swept him out in 07.....advantage Spurs as they have dealt with him before....

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Without a doubt Spurs are one of the best franchises in ALL of sports in last 15 years. They play smart, disciplined, move the ball around well, and can get you in different ways. Have one of the best coaches and won several titles while always being a contender year after year. They might not be flashy for todays youth but they play the right way and win. I was actually thinking about it today and concluded they remind me of a couple college elite teams in many ways for the reasons I mentioned like Duke, KU.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

we're playing against 1 of the greatest teams of the last 15 yrs

i think he was reffering to the tim duncan era

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Pacers series is not over...getting a bit ahead of ourselves...but if Miami is to move on....I would imagine Lebron would be out for blood against the team that swept him out in 07.....advantage Spurs as they have dealt with him before....
    They dealt with Lebron and a bunch of role players.......not a big 3, with a bunch of role players behind it. Huge difference.

FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    I respect Marc Gasol. He is as honest as they come. He was quoted as saying "Its a reason they always win." And, "They taught us a lesson." These 2 teams knew they would meet in the Finals that's why they were playing mind games earlier. And it's not like the Spurs haven't seen Lebron. Spurs in 6.

you guys really think "Spurs have dealt with lebron before" is actually a reason why Spurs will win the finals? That's like comparing apples to oranges. actually it's more like comparing apples to dogs or cars, they're not even the same type of object.

Back in '07 the Spurs were a much different team, with the Big 3 of TP, Ginobilli, and Duncan. They had an elite wing defender in Bruce Bowen and excellent veteran 3 point shooters in Michael Finley, Brent Barry, and Bruce Bowen was no slouch himself. The Spurs that year had an average offense (ranked 15th) and a very, very good defense (3rd).

I bet you can't even name more than 5 players on that '07 Cavs roster, cause it was literally LeBron James + and a bunch of "role players" / scrubs that they cobbled together cause LeBron made the Cavs so good instantly in a very weak Eastern Conference that they never got another high draft pick to help him out. The 2nd best player on that team was arguably Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Ask a "casual" NBA viewer who that is and I bet they couldn't tell you. LeBron single-handedly demolished the Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals to carry his weak-ass team to the Finals.

The Spurs went with a different game plan than everyone else in the Eastern Conference, which was "Let LeBron have his and make the role players step up" cause they knew they didn't have to shut Lebron down to beat an inferior team. They swept the series like many people thought they would.

Oh yeah. Let's not forget Lebron was 22 at the time and a below-average midrange and 3 pt shooter, and had no post game. And they were coached by Mike Brown, who's widely known as having an offense that goes something like "LeBron, get us some buckets"

Fast forward 6 years and the Spurs aren't the same team, and the Heat have a big 3 mostly in their primes, with a bevy of veteran 3 point shooters (sound familiar?). They have one of the best offenses AND defenses in the league, and Lebron is now undoubtedly the best player in the game. You can focus on shutting down Lebron (you can't) or you can focus on shutting down the role players (which the Pacers have done, to some extent) but you can't do both.

I'm not saying Spurs won't beat the Heat cause anything can happen and the Spurs are indeed a very good team still, but saying "Spurs have dealt with Lebron before, they have advantage" is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. It's so stupid that I made an account just to type this up.

GL to you betting on Spurs, my money is on Miami in 6.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: meader99

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Remember when everyone thought the Lakers and Warriors were going to beat the Spurs....

nelly0
    nelly0's Avatar Become A Pro!

Considering Pacers are down 2-1 and up 8 in the 2nd quarter of game 4 as I type, I don't see how you were way off there. Pacers still have a legit shot at this series.

I watched practically every game of the playoffs. You will lose your money. I suggest you take a look back at my recent posts. I was way off recently saying memphis could take the spurs and that the pacers could take the heat but I never bet anything significant at all on any of it to happen. I was on memphis huge and am now on spurs huge to make it up. Just wait and see it happen.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Remember when everyone thought the Lakers and Warriors were going to beat the Spurs....
    When you think about it the Spurs had a pretty easy road to the finals. Lakers were a totally dead/injured team, Warriors too inexperienced, Grizzlies too outcoached, didn't have to deal with Thunder/Westbrook injury.

nelly0
    nelly0's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat are going to win for these reasons. We're in the LBJ era now and he's going to take TP out of the series when/if they play.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    They dealt with Lebron and a bunch of role players.......not a big 3, with a bunch of role players behind it. Huge difference.
    I agree...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post

you guys really think "Spurs have dealt with lebron before" is actually a reason why Spurs will win the finals? That's like comparing apples to oranges. actually it's more like comparing apples to dogs or cars, they're not even the same type of object.

Back in '07 the Spurs were a much different team, with the Big 3 of TP, Ginobilli, and Duncan. They had an elite wing defender in Bruce Bowen and excellent veteran 3 point shooters in Michael Finley, Brent Barry, and Bruce Bowen was no slouch himself. The Spurs that year had an average offense (ranked 15th) and a very, very good defense (3rd).

I bet you can't even name more than 5 players on that '07 Cavs roster, cause it was literally LeBron James + and a bunch of "role players" / scrubs that they cobbled together cause LeBron made the Cavs so good instantly in a very weak Eastern Conference that they never got another high draft pick to help him out. The 2nd best player on that team was arguably Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Ask a "casual" NBA viewer who that is and I bet they couldn't tell you. LeBron single-handedly demolished the Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals to carry his weak-ass team to the Finals.

The Spurs went with a different game plan than everyone else in the Eastern Conference, which was "Let LeBron have his and make the role players step up" cause they knew they didn't have to shut Lebron down to beat an inferior team. They swept the series like many people thought they would.

Oh yeah. Let's not forget Lebron was 22 at the time and a below-average midrange and 3 pt shooter, and had no post game. And they were coached by Mike Brown, who's widely known as having an offense that goes something like "LeBron, get us some buckets"

Fast forward 6 years and the Spurs aren't the same team, and the Heat have a big 3 mostly in their primes, with a bevy of veteran 3 point shooters (sound familiar?). They have one of the best offenses AND defenses in the league, and Lebron is now undoubtedly the best player in the game. You can focus on shutting down Lebron (you can't) or you can focus on shutting down the role players (which the Pacers have done, to some extent) but you can't do both.

I'm not saying Spurs won't beat the Heat cause anything can happen and the Spurs are indeed a very good team still, but saying "Spurs have dealt with Lebron before, they have advantage" is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. It's so stupid that I made an account just to type this up.

GL to you betting on Spurs, my money is on Miami in 6.
    I should have also included what you wrote...07 is no indicator Spurs can beat a miami...but the Pacers are still in this....as far as I am concerned....

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Spurs WILL get beaten by Miami or Indy. Trust.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    When you think about it the Spurs had a pretty easy road to the finals. Lakers were a totally dead/injured team, Warriors too inexperienced, Grizzlies too outcoached, didn't have to deal with Thunder/Westbrook injury.
    The Spurs had a lot tougher path than Miami. The Warriors and Grizzlies are good teams. Meanwhile, Miami had to play the Bucks and the Bulls JV team.

Only now has Miami had to play someone and it's 2-2.

As for the Spurs, they get no love on this board and I'm not really sure why. They're the best ran organization in the league and have the best coach in the league.

Spurs/Heat would be the best matchup and I give the Spurs a decent shot in that matchup.

Heat won't lose to Indiana in this series. people need to calm down. The league is just giving you some theater and drama right now.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Finally someone saying Heat-Spurs will be a good match up. I'm looking forward to it. Agree Spurs have a decent chance.

trevor123698

[QUOTE=blankoblanco;18791018]No point listing off players, how are the Heat any less loaded? Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray, Birdman, Battier, Miller, etc. (I mean if you're including Bonner why not!)

say waht you will. Bonner on the Heat plays HUGE minutes on any other playoff team. If he plays for Memphis he could Steve Novak them to victory in some games.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

I should have also included what you wrote...07 is no indicator Spurs can beat a miami...but the Pacers are still in this....as far as I am concerned....
    Obviously dickhead 07 isn't an indicator that the Spurs can beat the Heat. I'm saying the Spurs aint afraid of Lebron. They dealt with him before and they know how to play him. And lets not act like the Lebron James and the Heat are unbeatable. You're talking about the same Lebron who was the defending league MVP and was up 2-0 to the Mavs and didnt win a game since! I guess your excuse is that was the 1st year of the Heat playing together. Like I said, Lebron was the defending league MVP and played like shit. If the Mavs can beat this team you know damn well the Spurs can.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Lol Super Mario can D up Parker. Grizzlies defense just got exposed, which is why I had Clippers winning but Del Negro didn't deliver, hes gone now, Spurs could barely hang with the GSW, Heat in 5 (assuming fair officiating lol).

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Lol Super Mario can D up Parker. Grizzlies defense just got exposed, which is why I had Clippers winning but Del Negro didn't deliver, hes gone now, Spurs could barely hang with the GSW, Heat in 5 (assuming fair officiating lol).

so what you are saying is that conley can't guard parker but penetrating 20 minute a game mario chalmers is going to do it?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

so what you are saying is that conley can't guard parker but penetrating 20 minute a game mario chalmers is going to do it?
    yes but of course mario is on a team with better communication so he will have better help. Mario is actually a really good PG defender.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Obviously dickhead 07 isn't an indicator that the Spurs can beat the Heat. I'm saying the Spurs aint afraid of Lebron. They dealt with him before and they know how to play him. And lets not act like the Lebron James and the Heat are unbeatable. You're talking about the same Lebron who was the defending league MVP and was up 2-0 to the Mavs and didnt win a game since! I guess your excuse is that was the 1st year of the Heat playing together. Like I said, Lebron was the defending league MVP and played like shit. If the Mavs can beat this team you know damn well the Spurs can.
    lol whats with all the hostility?....I completely agree...100 percent...and i love lebron......the last 2 teams still in the playoffs just happen to be teams that match up well with the heat....people are short changing both of them.....

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

lol whats with all the hostility?....I completely agree...100 percent...and i love lebron......the last 2 teams still in the playoffs just happen to be teams that match up well with the heat....people are short changing both of them.....
    Why aren't you talking like you're black anymore?

trevor123698

Is he right or wroing? I think he might be talking out of his ass but I also think he is right. This Spurs team is very dangerous and I don't know how I didn't see it. TP, duncan, green, leonard, manu, splitter, bonner, etc. THey are loaded way beyond anyone else. Heat/SPurs is the matchup and it looks to end spurs in 6. The heat cannot keep up with this team, crazy as it sounds. I got 1/7 of the bankroll on them at +220.

I told you all what would happen long before the heat even got past the pacers.