Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

You conspiracy theorists have to be unloading on the Heat, right?

For tonight and for the series, right?

As an enlightened thinker, I usually steer well clear of ignorant conspiracy theorists, but in this case, even I am worried that the league CANNOT let the Spurs play the Pacers and suffer its worst ratings ever. Makes it very hard to play the Pacers.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post

As an enlightened thinker, I usually steer well clear of ignorant conspiracy theorists, but in this case, even I am worried that the league CANNOT let the Spurs play the Pacers and suffer its worst ratings ever. Makes it very hard to play the Pacers.
    Memphis is not dead.................................yet .

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Yep ABC tv has called stern and told him a pacers-spurs finals would suck for tv ratings they need heat -spurs to get the best ratings the fix is in

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Teams up 3-0 in NBA history are 107-0.

Memphis is dead seaweed.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Teams up 3-0 in NBA history are 107-0.

Memphis is dead seaweed.
    Why do you keep calling me seaweed? LOL.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

goodlucky30
    goodlucky30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Yep ABC tv has called stern and told him a pacers-spurs finals would suck for tv ratings they need heat -spurs to get the best ratings the fix is in
    You Don't have a clue what you are saying. shut up please

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post

what about when Cleveland played San Antonio in the finals? Or when the Pistons made the finals.

I doubt it would be the worst ratings ever if Spurs/Pacers happened.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Yeah they are.
    Couldn;t hold a 16 point half time lead, Spurs are well oiled machine that rarely makes mistakes, plus they have all that playoff experience, Griz are new to high stakes playoff series.

Book it, Griz are done

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

If the Pacers make the finals (which I hope they don't since I have a series bet on the Heat), they should sign Reggie Miller on a short contract. Dat dude can still drain three's all day.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    what about when Cleveland played San Antonio in the finals? Or when the Pistons made the finals.

I doubt it would be the worst ratings ever if Spurs/Pacers happened.
    Cleveland had LeBron James. Every guy and his dog would watch the game just because he was playing. Whereas, the average NBA fan probably doesn't know a single player on this Pacers team - it just wouldn't draw any major attention to the finals whatsoever.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah they are.
    Couldn;t hold a 16 point half time lead, Spurs are well oiled machine that rarely makes mistakes, plus they have all that playoff experience, Griz are new to high stakes playoff series.

Book it, Griz are done
    Watching the Spurs play is a truly beautiful thing. Sort of like when you watch a boxer, such as Mayweather, who is a true master of his craft dominate people.
    The Spurs systematically breaking down a pretty good team like the Grizz, is like watching Marquez throw 5 punches at Mayweather's head in quick succession and literally landing one.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

heat can just as well lose game 3 and win game 4

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Everyone and their mother knows about the "NBA conspiracy" now. Not just hardcore fans and degens. So at this point obvious manipulation hurts the league more than a weak finals.

Awhile back the Lakers were in what would be considered a conspiracy situation, the fouls were very uneven, and the league got buried. Joey Crawford was trending on twitter along with David Stern and a bunch of other backlash. It's a different time with social media and 1,000 nba bloggers

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Everyone and their mother knows about the "NBA conspiracy" now. Not just hardcore fans and degens. So at this point obvious manipulation hurts the league more than a weak finals.

Awhile back the Lakers were in what would be considered a conspiracy situation, the fouls were very uneven, and the league got buried. Joey Crawford was trending on twitter along with David Stern and a bunch of other backlash. It's a different time with social media and 1,000 nba bloggers
    Hope you're right, my friend. Whatever forces culminate to bring about fair play, all the better.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Maybe a bunch of Kids and Lebron James lovers would rather watch the heat play, to say the heat style of play is more exciting than the spurs is beyond an insult to the game of basketball. The heat have the best player in the world dominating while 4 people( including a 6 foot 10 center) stand on the 3 point line. Yes its exciting to watch lebron steamroll his way to the hole and make off balanced crosscourt passes, but really its a 1 man team. Spurs get everyone involed, have a motion offense, and screens. They work the pick and roll pick and pop shoot 3's and assist on 75-80% of their buckets. Tired of the dumb ppl thinking the spurs are boring a old.

A indiana spurs finals may not be the most enjoyable series but it would be two teams( and not players) playing the game of basketball. This would be great for the NBA. When Lebron went to Miami i hated it because of his choice but i also thought it would be a horrible direction for the league to go. You have New york, brooklyn, miami, and in some ways the lakers trying to create these super teams. The fact that a team that didnt sell out can possibly win this year is great for the league going forward. No one besides heat and lebron fans want to see the heat win 5 championships in a row because when the formed that team they had 3 of the top 10 players in the league on one team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pouyasophy, hotelis, and GunShard

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Is Stern's bag man officiating this upcoming game?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Is Stern's bag man officiating this upcoming game?
    Stern is to the NBA what Hilter was to Germany

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Maybe a bunch of Kids and Lebron James lovers would rather watch the heat play, to say the heat style of play is more exciting than the spurs is beyond an insult to the game of basketball. The heat have the best player in the world dominating while 4 people( including a 6 foot 10 center) stand on the 3 point line. Yes its exciting to watch lebron steamroll his way to the hole and make off balanced crosscourt passes, but really its a 1 man team. Spurs get everyone involed, have a motion offense, and screens. They work the pick and roll pick and pop shoot 3's and assist on 75-80% of their buckets. Tired of the dumb ppl thinking the spurs are boring a old.

A indiana spurs finals may not be the most enjoyable series but it would be two teams( and not players) playing the game of basketball. This would be great for the NBA. When Lebron went to Miami i hated it because of his choice but i also thought it would be a horrible direction for the league to go. You have New york, brooklyn, miami, and in some ways the lakers trying to create these super teams. The fact that a team that didnt sell out can possibly win this year is great for the league going forward. No one besides heat and lebron fans want to see the heat win 5 championships in a row because when the formed that team they had 3 of the top 10 players in the league on one team.
    Totally agree with you. Personally, I think Pacers/Spurs would be fascinating and a wonderful matchup of two teams who rely on teamwork top to bottom. However... your casual fan would have no interest, thus low ratings, thus less money the NBA can command of its business partners. All about the bottom line, my friend.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Cleveland had LeBron James. Every guy and his dog would watch the game just because he was playing. Whereas, the average NBA fan probably doesn't know a single player on this Pacers team - it just wouldn't draw any major attention to the finals whatsoever.
    That was a very lopsided series and it got horrible ratings.

I can promise you that Spurs/Pacers would get better ratings than that series did.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post

lebron does nothing for me. I really don't think hes anywhere near as great as he is said to be. ANd he is juiced beyond belief. its easy to get away with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzhD2QJ8B0

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Spurs don't lose nba finals. In order for that to happen they will face indiana.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Miami was too easy. LeBron doesn't lose 2 In a row. Dummy's on Indy

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Lebron is a physical specimen but he does nothing for me either. I saw him play in a summer league and an actual Heat game and I would never pay to see him again.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

I agree. It's tough to watch the Heat play.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    lANd he is juiced beyond belief. its easy to get away with
    Correct.
    But he isn't getting away with anything, Stern knows, everybody knows, but being the face of the league and all, it's swept under the rug.

Remember Jordan? He was guilty as sin, anybody else gets a lifetime ban, Stern says to Michael, "go play for the White Sox for two years, come back in 24 months"

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

It's laughable to call the Heat a one man team. Lebron is only fourth in the league in scoring; obviously plenty of other players can and do step up as evidenced in yesterday's game and throughout regular season.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

The public wants Spurs vs Heat finals.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

you guys are all idiots. Miami is the best team in the league and has been for a couple years now, now go cry with Kevin Durant.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
    you guys are all idiots. Miami is the best team in the league and has been for a couple years now, now go cry with Kevin Durant.
    Best team for the last few years...? Not likely. Spurs and OKC were better through out regular season last year. It wasn't until game 5 of the OKC finals series where we saw what they could all do collectively....this year however, they are indeed the best team.