pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If these games weren't fixed....

If these games weren't fixed,
    The Pacers would win this series in 6.

However, the refs will make sure the Heat win at least one more game in this series. This series should be a mismatch like Memphis/OKC (the inferior team wins game 1 because of a miracle by their superstar), but overall they're outmatched by the team with more heart.

Pacers live right now should be -300 in this series without assistance from stern, but we all know the NBA is fixed and it's likely that Stern wants to go out with a playoff fixing for the ages.

Maybe Wade will shoot 300 free throws in the finals like in 06...whatever it takes to see Lebron win another ring right?

sheepz
    sheepz's Avatar Become A Pro!

another retard who thinks nba is fixed really?

oh wait didn't you know all the wars in history were actually fixed as well !

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by sheepz View Post
    another retard who thinks nba is fixed really?

oh wait didn't you know all the wars in history were actually fixed as well !
    of course they were. .

Keep trying with the ad hominem. See how many arguments you win and how stupid you look.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Outmatched? Don't understand, if Heat are outmatched won't refs need to help them win 3 games? You clearly didn't see the phantom foul on Wade on previous play to set up the 'miracle' by Lebron. Because of that call shouldn't we say refs were trying to rig for Pacers?

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Pacers will get the advantage of the refs, if there is any, when this series its over. And if any of the two teams can say they were affected by the refs so far (I don't think none of them should complain) its the Heat. The Pacers are the bigger, more physical team, so this is perfectly normal. Only one thing, in terms of refs bias, beats homecourt/superstar treatment: that's just beating up altogether. Zach Randolph wouldn't finish a game if not for his reputation, just to give an example.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    The Pacers will get the advantage of the refs, if there is any, when this series its over. And if any of the two teams can say they were affected by the refs so far (I don't think none of them should complain) its the Heat. The Pacers are the bigger, more physical team, so this is perfectly normal. Only one thing, in terms of refs bias, beats homecourt/superstar treatment: that's just beating up altogether. Zach Randolph wouldn't finish a game if not for his reputation, just to give an example.
    I watch basketball. I know what's going on. Pacers in 6 TOPS without the refs. Barkley and Kenny know what's going on. However, the refs will put their foot down tonight, if not in game 4....more marketable team all day

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Conspiracy theorists = 8 year olds. They kick and scream when there is evidence to support them, but completely ignore the evidence against them. If the games were fixed it would not be Memphis-San Antonio in the Western Conference, I know that. Golden State would be in there for sure.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Conspiracy theorists = 8 year olds. They kick and scream when there is evidence to support them, but completely ignore the evidence against them. If the games were fixed it would not be Memphis-San Antonio in the Western Conference, I know that. Golden State would be in there for sure.
    shut up clown

PROGLR
    PROGLR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

lol always some idiots thinks nba is rigged...hate this kind of thread

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    of course they were. .

Keep trying with the ad hominem. See how many arguments you win and how stupid you look.

you are a \*\*\*\*\*\*

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post

They are getting really annoying. These kids invaded SBR a couple of years ago and haven't left yet. Hard to say if SBR will ever return to a legitimate Sports Information Site, but just keep fighting the good fight and hopefully we can bring SBR back to sanity.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

LOL@ this thread....you mean to tell me that there are creatures who walk up right in this forum who still believe the NBA is on the level? You nitwits never learn....the Heat are good enough to win...but when it is needed, they will receive additional help from the refs...but it is not as obvious as say....i dunno.......a 60 free throw attempt on behalf of the Lakers several weeks back....

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

pacers have more Ft attempts than the heat in every game so far ...........

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

the really funny part is this clown actually thinks the pacers are the better team, that 10x more stupid than saying "nba is rigged"..

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    pacers have more Ft attempts than the heat in every game so far ...........
    If this is true then mods please close this thread!! These idiots keep making these dumb ass threads, the Heat don't need favors from the refs, the OP clearly doesn't know basketball.

man I should be mod, shut these degens up

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

Every time the Heat win the morons come running out out from their mum's basement and tell us how the refs rig it...

it's embarrassing

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone who claims NBA isn't rigged is an obvious moron. Open your eyes! I swear the human race gets dumber by the day.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Anyone who claims NBA isn't rigged is an obvious moron. Open your eyes! I swear the human race gets dumber by the day.
    What's your definition of "rigged"? I believe there is ref bias, but that it can be overcome. There are too many unpredictable factors to actually "fix" games. You can't "fix" a guy making a miracle shot, etc. When the Mavericks beat the Heat in the finals, was that rigged too?

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    What's your definition of "rigged"? I believe there is ref bias, but that it can be overcome. There are too many unpredictable factors to actually "fix" games. You can't "fix" a guy making a miracle shot, etc. When the Mavericks beat the Heat in the finals, was that rigged too?
    i agree. there are ref biases in certain games but it's not like every shot, pass and call are made or missed on purpose. Some refs control the pace, keep a series/game closer than necessary, all to sprinkle a little drama on the situation.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    no but when the Heat beat the Mavs it was definitely rigged. Wade shot 400 free throws in one quarter if I remember correctly, and Lakers vs Kings in 02? If that wasn't rigged I don't know what was.

Horry body checks Nash, Amare stands up and gets suspended? All to ensure the Spurs get to the finals over the Suns.

Meanwhile KG throws elbows and doesn't get suspended, Wade throws an elbow and doesn't get suspended. I guess some players are "suspendable" and others are too big to be suspended.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

no but when the Heat beat the Mavs it was definitely rigged. Wade shot 400 free throws in one quarter if I remember correctly, and Lakers vs Kings in 02? If that wasn't rigged I don't know what was.

Horry body checks Nash, Amare stands up and gets suspended? All to ensure the Spurs get to the finals over the Suns.

Meanwhile KG throws elbows and doesn't get suspended, Wade throws an elbow and doesn't get suspended. I guess some players are "suspendable" and others are too big to be suspended.
    Now why in the devil would the league want the Spurs in the finals over the Suns? Are you listening to yourself? The Suns back then were the most exciting team in basketball, they would have drawn much higher ratings.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

I agree if ever there was a "rigged" series it's those two. Lakers vs Kings was probably the worst ever. But the fact that the Mavs can still beat the Heat in 2011 shows that there's a limit to what the refs/NBA can control. I also think since the Donaghy stuff, refs try to be more careful. They are under close scrutiny. People notice this stuff more now.

Hell I hope it's "rigged" this year since I'm hoping they'd rig it for Lebron to try to make him into the next MJ. I bet my 5dimes roll on Heat championship. Imo Spurs or Heat can both win, refs don't have enough power to decide it. At least there's drama

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Rigged may not be the best word but of course games are affected because refs are human. Almost every ref will swallow the whistle to a degree when one team is blowing out another team. It's human nature. Or when another coach calls out a team for being too physical or flopping, etc., the refs will tend to swallow the whistle.

That said, most refs miss calls. They can't see everything and they sometimes call what they thought they saw instead of what they actually saw which is a mistake. Then add the fact that most of these NBA players are turning into flOpera actors. The players know they can exaggerate contact and draw fouls. It's worse than soccer and is ruining the game. Until the refs review film and start kicking players out for faking, the bullshit will continue.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Good posts by Blank and Mac; especially using the word affected. Every sport which has refs are affected by their calls. Some spot on and some questionable because they are human and can make mistakes.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Very true...The NBA brass was very angry with Cuban that year...along with other outfits outside the NBA...the refs were determined to maker sure the Mavs did not win. This is why Lebron and company were forced to stand down against them in 2011..as payback to Cuban for screwing him in 06....terry had the Obrien trophy tatoo'd on his arm several seeks before the season began...lol.......too obvious.....Lebron did a terrible job of making it look like he forgot how to play basketball....that fella is so good, he has hard time rigging his own games...