James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I haven't had any dealings with the Red Cross in several years now but based on my personal experience working with them in business they were horribly inefficient and had their heads up their asses. I would find it hard to believe that they've changed much in the past 4/5 years. I was ashamed to see how this outfit did business. Not even remotely efficient. I haven't looked at what you posted closely but I'd take any report with a grain of salt that says they have efficient practices. Talk to people who have had to deal with them and see what they say.

I do not doubt that you had bad experiences personally. However you have to realize how insignificant one persons personal experience is on the grand scheme of things. If your next door neighbor goes to vegas and wins you are not going to assume that vegas is just handing free money out at the airport. Your neighbors was just one single experience out of tens of millions. Just like your experience with the red cross. The red cross allocates billions of dollars of course there is some waste but all independent audits by reputable organizations say the red cross does really good work and is like I said very efficient.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

This is a classy move other NBA players should follow Durant he is a solid role model for the whole league.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

like BidD said, he is a genuine dude and cares. when he was being interviewed on espn at the tornado devastation areas he got choked up and glassy eyed when hearing about some of the kids that didn't make it. dude is class act.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kevin Durant taps Nike to donate $1M in products, sneaker profits to Oklahoma tornado relief

Kevin Durant walks past tornado-damaged homes in Moore, Okla. (AP/Sue Ogrocki)

Kevin Durant!!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Send moolah...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by James D;1874happened agrebiggerllions get wasted in many big charities but your complaint regarding 9-11 I disagree with. Eleven days after 9-11 congress allocated [B
    SEVEN BILLION TAX FREE DOLLARS[/B] to a victims fund. Couple that with the enormous amount of public donations the fund was inconceivably large.

Average compensation for family of deceased 9-11 victim $2,083,000 tax free
    Average compensation for injured victim on 9-11 $400,000 tax free

This is one of the rare cases where the red cross should keep some of the donations for future relief efforts

I had no idea this happened. A bigger deal should have been made of this.

First 123