saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

San Antonio Over 93 Game 2

My reason is this:

- The Spurs scored more than 94 points in every home game this year with the full starting lineup in. That's 37 times.

- The Spurs have scored 93 points or more in 18 straight home meetings against the Grizzlies. That spans 7 years.

I realize they wont hit 14 threes again this game - THEY DONT HAVE TO. I say Spurs score 97 points tonight $

amrit
    amrit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1613

The reasoning seems sound, but in the playoffs the game slows down. I still like the play though.

saints1856

The Grizzlies strength is isolation and post defense. Spurs don't run many of those plays - they do high pick and roll.

In Game 1 they got the Grizz bigs out to guard Parker off the screen, and 1) they cant guard Tony Parker, and 2) it gives open looks for 3's

Grizz can't score enough to keep up with SA at their place. His two best defenders (T Prince and Tony Allen) aren't the best scorers. In order to score more, he'll have to take out his good defenders. SA gets over 93.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

This is a good bet.

joshschild11
    joshschild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

-looks familiar. This is sweetjones55 writeup. Next time u copy at least give out some credit

San Antonio Spurs Team Total
    OVER 93 Points LOCKED (x1.5) Bookmaker and 5Dimes are both currently offering 93. If your website doesn't have the Team Total up yet, just wait as all books are posting them up now.

I am going to be playing the SA Spurs to score over 93.5 points tonight at home against the Memphis Grizzlies. The Spurs during the regular season scored 95+ points in 37 out of 41 home games. The only 4 games they didn't score 95+, the Spurs were not at full strength missing Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, or Manu. So basically the Spurs scored more than 94 points in every home game during the regular season with the full line up in there. The Spurs have continued their scoring in the Playoffs. They rank #1 in points per game in the post season with 103ppg and average 104.6ppg at home this year. These scoring averages they are putting up are way off the posted Team Total of 93.5 for them. I understand that Memphis has a top notch defense but the Team Total is a full 11 points off their scoring average at home and I believe that is too big of a discrepancy. The Spurs play at a fast pace and are very hard to stop at home. So far in the Playoffs the Spurs have scored over 100 points in 4 of 6 games at home. In last years playoffs, the Spurs scored over 100 points in 12 out of their 14 Playoffs games. The most important and most relevant stat is their home scoring specifically against the Memphis Grizzlies the last 7 years. The Spurs have scored 93 points or more in 18 straight home meetings with Memphis.

The Spurs match up very well offensively with the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies strength is their isolation and post defense. Memphis ranks #2 in post defense and #3 in isolation defense. The Spurs offense however doesn't run many post plays or isolation plays. The Spurs run a high pick and roll offense. Basically every single possession, Tony Parker brings the ball up and a big comes out to around the top of the free throw line and they run pick and roll. The one area the Grizzlies defense is weak is Pick and Roll where they rank #18. They are not good guarding really fast, good shooting points guards. The issue the Grizzlies have is that their bigs have trouble coming way out to challenge Tony Parkers shot in the pick and roll. They are letting him basically shot open 18 footers which he is very good at. Later in Game 1, you saw Randolph try and really come out and contest Parker away from the basket but Parker countered by driving past the slower big and scoring uncontested at the rim. This dribble penetration also led to open 3's since guys had to help on Pakre. For them to keep Parker out of the lane, they basically have to leave him wide open for jumpers which means the Spurs will have a good look every possession down basically. When Manu came in, you saw the same thing as he was able to get into the lane at will and pass to an open shooter. Manu coming off the bench is a good thing for San Antonio since Tony Allen starts for Memphis. Manu was rarely covered by Allen in game 1.

Lionel Hollins, Grizzlies coach, in Game 1 quickly realized that his team was not scoring enough to keep up with the Spurs in San Antonio. In particular, he realized he could not play Tayshaun Prince and Tony Allen a lot. Having Allen and Prince on the bench does help your offense but it definitely hurts your defense. Quincy Pondexter played more minutes than Prince and I believe that will continue as Tayshaun has just been awful offensively in the Playoffs. Tony Allen played 25 minutes but I think we will probably see more of Jerryd Bayless tonight. Hollins went as far as playing Austin Daye, a good 3 point shooter, in this last game 1. This is a good idea from Hollins to win games because they do need guys who can shoot the ball and they can't just rely on Randolph/Gasol since the Spurs have one of the best post up defenses in the NBA. I think Hollins will go with a similar approach tonight and try to play his best offensive lineups but not necessarily his best defensive lineups. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hollins tell his team to try and get more fast break points as their half court offense is just not very good and doesn't have big matchup advantages. This should lead to more possessions for both teams and a higher scoring game.

I like the fact that the Grizzlies only had 1 day off between game 1 and game 2. There isn't a whole lot of time to make adjustments and I can see the Spurs great offensive output carrying over into tonight. The Spurs are a confident team and that was their best game of the playoffs yet. I don't think the Spurs will be overconfident though and come out with a lack of focus tonight. I think they will want this game just as bad as they wanted game 1. Tony Parker after the game 1 blowout said that no one in their locker room was happy because last year they had a 2-0 series lead on the Thunder in the Western Conference Finals before losing 4 straight. I see the Spurs scoring around 96-100 points tonight.
    Last edited by joshschild11; 05-21-13 at 06:35 PM.

Grunch
    Grunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2718

Quote Originally Posted by saints1856 View Post
    - The Spurs have scored 93 points or more in 18 straight home meetings against the Grizzlies. That spans 7 years.
    They only scored 87 at the end of regulation on December 1st. On other seasons they were different teams.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Quote Originally Posted by joshschild11 View Post
    -looks familiar. This is sweetjones55 writeup. Next time u copy at least give out some credit

San Antonio Spurs Team Total
    OVER 93 Points LOCKED (x1.5) Bookmaker and 5Dimes are both currently offering 93. If your website doesn't have the Team Total up yet, just wait as all books are posting them up now.

I am going to be playing the SA Spurs to score over 93.5 points tonight at home against the Memphis Grizzlies. The Spurs during the regular season scored 95+ points in 37 out of 41 home games. The only 4 games they didn't score 95+, the Spurs were not at full strength missing Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, or Manu. So basically the Spurs scored more than 94 points in every home game during the regular season with the full line up in there. The Spurs have continued their scoring in the Playoffs. They rank #1 in points per game in the post season with 103ppg and average 104.6ppg at home this year. These scoring averages they are putting up are way off the posted Team Total of 93.5 for them. I understand that Memphis has a top notch defense but the Team Total is a full 11 points off their scoring average at home and I believe that is too big of a discrepancy. The Spurs play at a fast pace and are very hard to stop at home. So far in the Playoffs the Spurs have scored over 100 points in 4 of 6 games at home. In last years playoffs, the Spurs scored over 100 points in 12 out of their 14 Playoffs games. The most important and most relevant stat is their home scoring specifically against the Memphis Grizzlies the last 7 years. The Spurs have scored 93 points or more in 18 straight home meetings with Memphis.

The Spurs match up very well offensively with the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies strength is their isolation and post defense. Memphis ranks #2 in post defense and #3 in isolation defense. The Spurs offense however doesn't run many post plays or isolation plays. The Spurs run a high pick and roll offense. Basically every single possession, Tony Parker brings the ball up and a big comes out to around the top of the free throw line and they run pick and roll. The one area the Grizzlies defense is weak is Pick and Roll where they rank #18. They are not good guarding really fast, good shooting points guards. The issue the Grizzlies have is that their bigs have trouble coming way out to challenge Tony Parkers shot in the pick and roll. They are letting him basically shot open 18 footers which he is very good at. Later in Game 1, you saw Randolph try and really come out and contest Parker away from the basket but Parker countered by driving past the slower big and scoring uncontested at the rim. This dribble penetration also led to open 3's since guys had to help on Pakre. For them to keep Parker out of the lane, they basically have to leave him wide open for jumpers which means the Spurs will have a good look every possession down basically. When Manu came in, you saw the same thing as he was able to get into the lane at will and pass to an open shooter. Manu coming off the bench is a good thing for San Antonio since Tony Allen starts for Memphis. Manu was rarely covered by Allen in game 1.

Lionel Hollins, Grizzlies coach, in Game 1 quickly realized that his team was not scoring enough to keep up with the Spurs in San Antonio. In particular, he realized he could not play Tayshaun Prince and Tony Allen a lot. Having Allen and Prince on the bench does help your offense but it definitely hurts your defense. Quincy Pondexter played more minutes than Prince and I believe that will continue as Tayshaun has just been awful offensively in the Playoffs. Tony Allen played 25 minutes but I think we will probably see more of Jerryd Bayless tonight. Hollins went as far as playing Austin Daye, a good 3 point shooter, in this last game 1. This is a good idea from Hollins to win games because they do need guys who can shoot the ball and they can't just rely on Randolph/Gasol since the Spurs have one of the best post up defenses in the NBA. I think Hollins will go with a similar approach tonight and try to play his best offensive lineups but not necessarily his best defensive lineups. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hollins tell his team to try and get more fast break points as their half court offense is just not very good and doesn't have big matchup advantages. This should lead to more possessions for both teams and a higher scoring game.

I like the fact that the Grizzlies only had 1 day off between game 1 and game 2. There isn't a whole lot of time to make adjustments and I can see the Spurs great offensive output carrying over into tonight. The Spurs are a confident team and that was their best game of the playoffs yet. I don't think the Spurs will be overconfident though and come out with a lack of focus tonight. I think they will want this game just as bad as they wanted game 1. Tony Parker after the game 1 blowout said that no one in their locker room was happy because last year they had a 2-0 series lead on the Thunder in the Western Conference Finals before losing 4 straight. I see the Spurs scoring around 96-100 points tonight.
    Ouch.

saints1856

He is a tout. I signed up for his free picks, and that was sent out today. Free info... anybody can sign up for those. Chill joshschild11, just trying to share some tips/stats