ricardskk
    ricardskk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Spurs-Grizzlies UNDER 183

Going with the under 183 -128 today. Thought about this for a while and decided that this is the play. In the previous game the Spurs made their franchise playoff high 14 3-pointers and that's the main reason they went for 105 points. I expect Grizzles defense to step up tonight and I really doubt that the Spurs will go over 100. On the other side - Grizzlies aren't the best offensive team and Timmy manhandled Z-Bo last game, so the Grizzlies probably won't go over 90. I expect the result to be something like 94-86. Good luck guys!

rawzay
    rawzay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardskk View Post
    Going with the under 183 -128 today. Thought about this for a while and decided that this is the play. In the previous game the Spurs made their franchise playoff high 14 3-pointers and that's the main reason they went for 105 points. I expect Grizzles defense to step up tonight and I really doubt that the Spurs will go over 100. On the other side - Grizzlies aren't the best offensive team and Timmy manhandled Z-Bo last game, so the Grizzlies probably won't go over 90. I expect the result to be something like 94-86. Good luck guys!
    If you think the score is going to be 94 -86 why don't you just take the 5pt spread. The Spurs have great ball movement and Pop will rest his starters if he feels they have a comfortable lead. Do you really wanna risk the under when you know Patty Miles, Gary Neal and Matt Bonner will take nothing but 3's the minute POP puts them in to rest his starters because that's how the over hit in game 1 with a 60pt 4th quarter and 52 pts in the last 9 minutes because I don't see the Griz keeping this a 2 or 3 possession game late in the fourth like they did against the thunder.
    Last edited by rawzay; 05-21-13 at 04:13 AM.

ricardskk

I don't feel as comfortable with the spread as I do with the under. I don't think the Spurs will get a comfortable lead (12-14 points and more) at any part of the game tonight, the Grizzlies will keep it close. Of course the snipers will keep shooting, but the question is - are they going to make 14 3's again? I doubt it.

rawzay
    rawzay's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardskk View Post
    I don't feel as comfortable with the spread as I do with the under. I don't think the Spurs will get a comfortable lead (12-14 points and more) at any part of the game tonight, the Grizzlies will keep it close. Of course the snipers will keep shooting, but the question is - are they going to make 14 3's again? I doubt it.
    I understand your concern but picking the under is literally a coin flip. If you think the Spurs are gonna win I guarantee you there going to win by more than 5 pts. This isn't the Clippers who had trouble running a half court offense or the Thunder who only had one player that could score. Alot of those 3's came in the fourth quarter when the game was already over and you can't rely on the bench players to play defense or slow down the pace.

ricardskk

Yes, I think that the Spurs will win, but as I already said - I expect the Grizzlies to keep it close and if that happens, there won't be such thing as careless defense in the 4th quarter or coaches letting their bench play.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

You fail to realize that the last game went over despite the Grizz not scoring shit. Grizz have to try to keep up offensively in this one. Spurs win 103-116.

ricardskk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Spurs win 103-116.
    You do realize that the Spurs are playing against the Grizzlies, not a team like Kings or Rockets, right?

goodlucky30
    goodlucky30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    You fail to realize that the last game went over despite the Grizz not scoring shit. Grizz have to try to keep up offensively in this one. Spurs win 103-116.
    What you think the spurs hit 20 3's this game? there is no way they score a hundred back to back games against the Grizz. 89-86 spurs win

ashulga
    ashulga's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually think there is strong chance it goes over. Look at Memphis clippers series I think 4 of 6 went over and spurs are better offensively. I think this is the spot where u wait and see if it goes over and if it does bounce on under game three in the grind house. But overall I see this series going similar as clippers where it's 4 overs 2 unders. My huge play is on Memphis I think they keep it close thus making over more likely. They will not hit 18 3s again but they will also not shoot only 34 fts combined I expect that number to be in the 40s with both teams utilizing their bigs more. Clippers run slower half court game an more games hit the over especially away. I would wait till game three for the under. GL either way

Finance
    Finance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Took over 182, +108. Lots of line movement today. Good luck.

ricardskk

Congratulations to everyone who was on!