zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol wade isnt even the 5th best player on the Heat

Putting up 12 4 and 4 in the playoffs, after his terrible post season last year.

LBJ is carrying his carcass to another ring.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Been saying it since the end of this regular season, the guy is a serviceable NBA starter at best. JJ Redick ish.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

He's busy organizing his wardrobe.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I get a kick out of the pity party that is being thrown right now for Wade. Fans are being mean.

Lol

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

People just a month ago saying Wade a top 2 or 3 SG all time. Even going as far as saying top 10-15 all time. Same people must also think Clyde Drexler is in top 20.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

He still gets superstar treatment. Did you seen him jump on Noahs back to reach over him and deflect a ball. really blatant no call. Happens a lot for him, so he has that going for him i guess.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Sure his numbers are down, but so are his minutes. He is obviously hurt. And he is obviously past his prime because of his history of injuries.

But wow you guys are quick to forget how great he was in his day. He won a title with old Shaq, Gary Payton, and Antoine Walker in the rotation. He averaged 28.4 ppg on 50% shooting that year in 23 postseason games. Incredible numbers for a shooting guard getting double teamed half the time. The guy is absolutely one of the greatest shooting guards of all time, people just have short memories.
    Points Awarded:

dalogester gave SparJMU 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dalogester, Ratpack, Git Lo, and The Kraken

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

I feel like its because he knows LBJ is there and can carry the team. Before LBJ, who ran the show in Miami?

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

U guys are trippin... D Wade is just not healthy right now, but stats can be deceiving, he does his role every game depending on who they play, usually means defending the best player on the other team. He's doing 1 hell of a job too considering the severity of his injury... Oh and btw I can't STAND The Miami Heat

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Anyone who says Wades postseason last year was "terrible" is ignorant and more importantly, clearly a miami heat hater.
    He played through injury's last year (remember the pacers series when he went off? and is battling a worse one right now.
    At least hes trying to play, unlike D-Rose who was completely healthy yet didn't even attempt...

2012 Pacers Series -
    Game 1) 29 points
    Game 2) 24 points
    Game 3) 5 points
    Game 4) 30 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists
    Game 5) 28 points
    Game 6) 41 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assist on 17-25 shooting.

Dwyane Wade overall post season stats in 2011-2012 Post Season -
    27.8 Points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.3 assist, 2.1 steals, 1.6 blocks, 3.6 turnovers on 46.2% from field.
    SO TERRIBLE

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

You guys should all know to never count out D-Wade... the difference so far in this post season and last post season is last years injury was able to get better, this one so far hasn't (in fact he re-aggravated it in game 4). You guys need to show respect to the 2 time champion.

zsr

LOL

Wade 11-12 postseason stats were

23, 5 and 4 on 46% shooting and this year is 12 4 and 4 on 45% shooting.

No clue where your getting your stats, dalogester. Check basketball reference.

He wasnt as bad as i thought last year though, but obviously not "superstar" numbers, and he's playing with the best player in the world and a top 15 player in Bosh.

He's nowhere near either of those 2. He should be putting up monster numbers with the defense having put everything into slowing LBJ. I mean shit, he had monta ellis on him vs the Bucks, and fuking Marco on him vs the Bulls. Wade 4 years ago would have averaged 40 and dominated on D.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

he's playing injured, and he knows he doesn't have to play his ass off for his team to win, so why not save his energy and whatever health he has for when it matters. Just look at the Game 5 vs Bulls - had been playing horrible for past several games, even sat out 1 gm vs Bucks, but in the 4th QTR when Miami needed help, he does just enough to help them win (flying around for rebounds, blocks, put-back, and some key shots).

As Miami goes further and they require more of his services, he will deliver, esp. in the finals. There's just no need for him to take any risk thus far, considering how injury prone he is.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

jaysus

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade should stay on his book tour and stop with the drama. Forget the respect crap. He won a couple rings. So have half a million other players. It's time to walk away. He's becoming a very bad watch. And worse yet, he hasn't come across a camera he doesn't like.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

He is playing injured like others have stated. Even Lebron told him to sit out game 4 of the 1st round to get rest.

I just hate watching him down the stretch of a game though. He seems to take careless shots, and is wreck less with the ball which leads to turnovers.

zsr

I just like how its only the Wade homers who always post about how great he is, how tough he is, "Bro respect the 2 time champ"

He got carried to a ring by maybe the best modern day basketball player of all time in his prime. The first ring was something to brag about. Not the 2nd and the rest he's going to get.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

oh wait he is the leader of the heat. that might be true though since lebron cant even lead himself out of his own car. he rides a bike to work.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

guy is no longer the same player. He knew this before teaming up with Lebron and the injuries have taken their toll on him.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Time has caught up with d wade. That doesn't change how great he was not what he accomplished. Nobody can be in their prime forever.

respect his achievement and understand the process.

zsr

lol wade just along for the ride

Shouldnt even be playing. Is giving them nothing on O or D at this point

ArgyleStreet
    ArgyleStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade is hurt. Is that what you meant to start a thread about?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Wade was basically self checked tonight. Chunking up nothing but air balls all night. He couldn't even hit free throws.

When will Wade nut lickers finally stop excusing his poor play on injury. Why is he always injured? This is going on 2 years now that he's been injured. I've never seen a 2 year injury? Maybe he should be on disability? He's flopped so many times that he's got his fans covering for him.

ArgyleStreet

Miami won tonight. Some of you lost money. We get it.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by ArgyleStreet View Post
    Wade is hurt. Is that what you meant to start a thread about?
    Not sure if srs. LOL.

And at your other post, not sure who would bet against Miami. I have Money on them to win the title like 99.9% of gamblers.

LBJ is 10X better than every single player left. No clue who would bet against the best modern day player in his prime.

zsr

Every time wade plays bad he's hurt

Unreal at people still thinking he's a superstar. He had a good run.

Now he knows he's a role player at best, and is letting lebron do all the heavy lifting.

ArgyleStreet

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Every time wade plays bad he's hurt

Unreal at people still thinking he's a superstar. He had a good run.

Now he knows he's a role player at best, and is letting lebron do all the heavy lifting.
    I just don't see what you're getting at. He is past his prime. And is hurt. James is carrying the team.

You are correct I'm just confused what your point is. These things are obvious.

ArgyleStreet

I'm only guessing you have a close friend who is a Wade homer and its bothering you. Wade shouldn't be playing serious minutes considering his status.

zsr

I just don't see what you're getting at. He is past his prime. And is hurt. James is carrying the team.

You are correct I'm just confused what your point is. These things are obvious.
    Since you just joined you must have missed all the posts about people saying Wade is MJ and LBJ is scottie, Wade carrying the team, Wade is a superstar, etc.

zsr

Of course you understand Wade is not a starting caliber player anymore, and his constant injury status is used as an excuse for his lack of effort and interest in the game. So not sure why you are replying? Thanks.

ArgyleStreet

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Since you just joined you must have missed all the posts about people saying Wade is MJ and LBJ is scottie, Wade carrying the team, Wade is a superstar, etc.
    That's silly.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
    Anyone who says Wades postseason last year was "terrible" is ignorant and more importantly, clearly a miami heat hater.
    He played through injury's last year (remember the pacers series when he went off? and is battling a worse one right now.
    At least hes trying to play, unlike D-Rose who was completely healthy yet didn't even attempt...

2012 Pacers Series -
    Game 1) 29 points
    Game 2) 24 points
    Game 3) 5 points
    Game 4) 30 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists
    Game 5) 28 points
    Game 6) 41 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assist on 17-25 shooting.

Dwyane Wade overall post season stats in 2011-2012 Post Season -
    27.8 Points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.3 assist, 2.1 steals, 1.6 blocks, 3.6 turnovers on 46.2% from field.
    SO TERRIBLE

you're an idiot...Rose is completely healthy with a torn ACL? Meanwhile Wade flops and fakes an injury on every play. You're a moron

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Wade is a professional flopper. Biggest flopper in NBA history. Just watch him. He falls down EVERY TIME HE TAKES A SHOT, whether he's touched or not.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Believe it or not there were many threads prior to the Heats title last year that said that Wade was better than Lebron, Wade was more clutch than Lebron, Wade is Batman, Lebron is Robin. There were many legitimate threads arguing the case. Even if you go to Heat fan forums there was the discussion. Most people a year and a half later have stopped making excuses for Wade and see him for what he is right now. A shell of himself.

You have to think that Wade is on the down side of his career. Most SG's are done at 30. The few that can still play are the ones that develop a jump shot. Wade never did that. All the slashing and falling to the floor has probably caught up to him. He's been injured the last 3 years. It's now become a habit.

That's silly.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Believe it or not there were many threads prior to the Heats title last year that said that Wade was better than Lebron, Wade was more clutch than Lebron, Wade is Batman, Lebron is Robin. There were many legitimate threads arguing the case. Even if you go to Heat fan forums there was the discussion. Most people a year and a half later have stopped making excuses for Wade and see him for what he is right now. A shell of himself.

You have to think that Wade is on the down side of his career. Most SG's are done at 30. The few that can still play are the ones that develop a jump shot. Wade never did that. All the slashing and falling to the floor has probably caught up to him. He's been injured the last 3 years. It's now become a habit.
    thats a good summary
    a superstar is some1 that shines bright all the time and brighter when needed
    wade has not been consistent, possibly due to age, injury, watever

12 Last