Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Anyone think Gasol told Perkins "gracias" when they met after the game?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Where is drinker?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Anyone think Gasol told Perkins "gracias" when they met after the game?

I was listening to the local sports talk radio and they were talking about how Perkins was like 0-6 from the field in regulation and OKC lost game 4 in overtime.

Just think if someone else had taken those shots...Hell, Durant was shooting like 25%. Maybe he makes one.

Anyway, go Grizzlies. Beat the Heat.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Did Chris Gatling ever play in the playoffs???

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Kendrick Perkins, who hasn’t played in the NBA since the 2015/16 season, is looking to get back in the league, Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe writes.

“The body feels good, man, I’m just sitting here waiting on an opportunity,” Perkins said. “Hopefully I can get a training camp invite soon. I want to earn my way. I don’t want nobody to give me nothing. So I’ve been working hard, going two or three times a day, working and grinding. I’m just trying to stay with it.”

Washburn adds that Perkins wanted to play last season, but couldn’t find a deal. The time off allowed the center to rest and heal, though he feels it hurt his chances at getting another shot in the league.

“You’re sitting back, waiting on a job, you want in and not just sitting around the house. I wasn’t ready for that in that point in my life,” Perkins said. “I think it was a very humbling situation for me. I thought it made me realize the importance and not to take it for granted.”

The 32-year-old has been working on his conditioning over the past few months and he hopes to receive a training camp invite this fall. The big man would like to contribute to a team as a backup center.

“I’ve been keeping my weight down, making sure I’m getting all the cardio I need, staying in great shape,” he said. “I’m just going to do what I can. I feel good. I’ve been on top of my basketball work and I’m just waiting for my opportunity, it if happens. I’ve just changed my diet, working on my quickness, and just trying to get better. It’s 30 teams out there and I’m just looking for one opportunity. It will come. I’m just trying to leave it in God’s hands.”

First 12