dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I've placed £1,905 (almost $3,000 US Dollars) on Knicks -5.5 tonight! I've gone crazy

Why? Because the lines recently always went with the ones who had the (+) handicap.
    Last night it was 2 teams winning with the (+), Golden State and the Bulls.
    The day before yesterday it was the same with (+) the Pacers and Memphis.
    And on Saturday the bulls not only used the (+7), they won by 6 pts as well against the nets!

I've placed my entire TheGreek Balance on this game:

oi41 (dot) tinypic (dot) com / ra4u50.jpg - to view original file (because mine is always being resized here)

It's around $3,000 risked to win $2,700 in terms of value of US Dollars ....

That's it ... I gotta stop gambling afterwards, no matter the outcome, this is a crazy bet!!!!

Good luck !!!

ticklz
    Tick L Me Elmo
    ticklz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

this never ends well

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by ticklz View Post
    this never ends well

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by ticklz View Post
    this never ends well
    No it doesn't, ticklz, you're right ...
    I'm feeling like I have no control over my gambling, this is nuts, crazy ...
    I have to go to a counsellor tomorrow.

Risking $3,000 on an NBA game is crazy, crazy !!!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

What's with all these manic threads lately? You act like each bet is life or death. Why not just bet like a normal person within your comfort zone? Anyway, good luck with it all.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Good luck. You obviously didn't watch Game 1.
    Points Awarded:

NeverTrustAWoman gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What's with all these manic threads lately? You act like each bet is life or death. Why not just bet like a normal person within your comfort zone? Anyway, good luck with it all.
    I don't know shari ... I've begun to lose control and not treat gambling the way I used to ... this is crazy ...

Q.ueue
    Young blood gambler
    Q.ueue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Oh boy.. Double up Pacers fast! You're seriously gonna regret this day of your life Or just do totals instead! WTF

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Good luck. I think the Knicks should win this but unsure if they could cover.

Q.ueue
    Young blood gambler

Did you not watch game1? Melo and Smith were shtting jumpers. George got Melo locked up, you live by the jumpers you die by the jumpers

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Good luck. You obviously didn't watch Game 1.
    There are no coincidences my friend, but 2 similar results in the NBA don't usually coincide lol, I like your nickname!
    Well ...

NBA has never made any sense to me.
    It if did, like in European basketball, 3:30 left and 16 pts difference, I would just waste the clock until it's gone, but not in the NBA.

If NBA made sense Brooklyn Nets should have advanced over Chicago Bulls, they always had the upper spread but they didn't.

NBA doesn't make sense but some trends and psychology makes more sense to me.
    It's super hard to bet on the Knicks tonight because Psychology tells you Indiana was better in Game 1, and Psychology tells you the (+) handicap is very beneficial, and it's true ... I have no idea how things could turn up in the end of Game 2, there are more games to play after all ...

But for some reason I tend to believe trends change, and (+) spread can be a loser sometimes, not only a winner, and if you look at the NBA calendar you would see:

http://scores.covers.com/basketball-...-matchups.aspx

Click on the 6th, 5th, 4th of May ... all games with spread went for the favor of the (+) team.
    That's 5 games in a row, or 6 in a row if you count one game from the 3rd of May as well.

Do I believe it's a good bet? I think so... can never be sure, nothing is certain in gambling.
    But is that okay I'm betting such a huge amount? I don't know ... that's already myself being an idiot for not having control over myself....

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Q.ueue View Post
    Did you not watch game1? Melo and Smith were shtting jumpers. George got Melo locked up, you live by the jumpers you die by the jumpers
    Read my post above, my good friend.
    I've placed my bet, that's it, I am not going to bet on IND + 6 now because I would lose already out of the "vig" (or juice, however you call it) ... and besides, I believe what I'm betting on is OK bet, I am happy with it and I am going to proceed as is.

Thank you through for your concern and for you trying to help me ... the biggest help I need right now is to stop gambling, for a very good long period of time!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

guy is obviously an attention whoring hamburger..... why ask for "advice" when you don't heed any of it?

in the end, guys like this aren't happy until they are up in a pile of their own puke.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I have to question the integrity of the person who created this thread along with the rest of the ridiculous ones that he has also created.

You are either goofing everyone on this forum or you have some serious mental issues.

Q.ueue
    Young blood gambler

You don't have to stop, you just have to win

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Pretty sure you're good. Either way you're now a favorite (i'd put you at -300) to continue with your destructive betting and end up penniless, alone, and contemplating suicide. God will always love you.
    Points Awarded:

ebelisle22 gave Jikos 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    guy is obviously an attention whoring hamburger..... why ask for "advice" when you don't heed any of it?

in the end, guys like this aren't happy until they are up in a pile of their own puke.
    I've decided to put what I do into writing and into this forum so at least I can document what I do and read it and understand how much time I spend on it and how it's taking a control over me.

I am not trying to get any attention, I would have placed this bet regardless, the fact I'm sharing it on this forum is because I feel like I've gone out of control in regards to gambling, I really need to restrict myself somehow because this is not funny ...

I do apologise if you think all I do here is trying to get an attention, trust me, nobody would "pay" $3,000 to do that ...

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    or you have some serious mental issues.

And I am not afraid admitting it ... gambling has gone out of control for me.
    I gotta stop.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Q.ueue View Post
    You don't have to stop, you just have to win
    Yes, win my life back, that's I agree ....

Q.ueue
    Young blood gambler

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post

And I am not afraid admitting it ... gambling has gone out of control for me.
    I gotta stop.
    Are you crazy? Don't stop bro! You're not broke! Man you just have to win, not quit, just win

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    Pretty sure you're good. Either way you're now a favorite (i'd put you at -300) to continue with your destructive betting and end up penniless, alone, and contemplating suicide. God will always love you.
    Thanks for your honesty.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

easy betttt !!

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Wow. Didn't you learn yesterday? Jesus.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Just buy out of it. You'll lose a few hundred but it's easier to live with than $3k. Knicks are garbage.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Just buy out of it. You'll lose a few hundred but it's easier to live with than $3k. Knicks are garbage.
    You mean bet £2,000 on the Pacers +6 to get around $2,750 back (plus original stake of $3,000) ... and this way I would risk around $6,000 to get $5,750 back and lose $250 out of this "deal" ?

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Don't worry about it Knicks gonna wipe the floor with them. Shoulda put half on the over 183 as well IMO

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Melo scores 50+ points
    Points Awarded:

ebelisle22 gave Smoke 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Why are people so confident on Pacers? I'm leaning to Knicks but like to hear those who are on Pacers.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Don't worry about it Knicks gonna wipe the floor with them. Shoulda put half on the over 183 as well IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Melo scores 50+ points
    lol ... good to see some posters on my side as well ....
    Although I am considering MrXYZ's advice to simply lose $250 and walk away without betting ... it sounds like the reasonable thing to do except for saying "Knicks are garbage" ... I don't know if they are garbage .... Melo and JR Smith are very good players and trends never go always same side ...

I agree however with MrXYZ in the aspect of my gambling addiction is right, but saying "Knicks are garbage" is adding more excitment for all these speculations of who's gonna win.

Though ...
    It's too hard for me to edge and lose $250 now, I'm just gonna stick with this bet, wtvr happens...

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Why are people so confident on Pacers? I'm leaning to Knicks but like to hear those who are on Pacers.
    Because (+6) is very tempting and it has proven itself very well last night and the day before yesterday and the day before yesterday's yesterday and so Psychology is very strong to tell you to lean IND + 6 ...

No one looks at the fact Knicks beaten Boston, an excellent team, and some of their winnings were double digits.
    Why?

Because that's gambling ... it is meant to confuse you and that's what I'm feeling now ... dizzy and need a break from all this urgently ...

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Alot of shrinks think that gambling addicts deep down actually want to lose because they don't like themselves.....keep that in mind when you go all-in on bets with money you can't afford to lose. Almost all gamblers walk that line at some point.

That being said....I live in Indy and know the Pacers. They don't usually have that killer instinct but then again thats the best ball movement and spacing they've had all year on offense. NY also hasn't score 100 on them yet in 5 games this year and you have to cover how much? I can't even wish you good luck....won Indy game 1 and have them to win the series +165.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Alot of shrinks think that gambling addicts deep down actually want to lose because they don't like themselves.....keep that in mind when you go all-in on bets with money you can't afford to lose. Almost all gamblers walk that line at some point.
    I like myself and I go to the gym and have a good lifestyle generally but these past 2-3 days have just been a killer, like something in my head doesn't let go.

In regards to the speculation on this game, I said already I don't think the NBA is real, I think it's a show, at least the most important parts of it ... if it wasn't a show Nets were easily over Chicago in the 1st round, Golden State wouldn't lose last night leading 16 pts and 3:30 to go (no free throws given, no fouls, just quick shots to miss the ball and get it turned over...)

NBA for me to analyze is like a market ...
    But regardless of it I still think that I'm out of control, especially with the amount risked and such ... it's a huge out-of-control issue.

I fixed already counselling for tomorrow.... can't go on like this.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

And you didn't buy a hook?

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    And you didn't buy a hook?
    No thanks ...

Q.ueue
    Young blood gambler

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    I'm leaning Pacers.

1234 ... Last