BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

For the Bulls to have a shot up 1-0, they need to take Rose off the roster...

Before you go off the handle as to how crazy I am, listen to all the reasons why they need to do this.....

1. Obviously this guy hasn't played one single game of basketball in a full year. You can't just hop onto the court in an NBA PLAYOFF atmosphere, which we all know the difference of play between that and a regular season game, and go back to your old form. He would need 8-10 games to get into playing shape. Even if he's been practicing with the team for 2 months. Like Iverson said "Practice? We talkin bout practice?" It means absolutely nothing. Just a bunch of dudes shooting free throws, having dunk contests, and and shooting half-court shots.

2. It would be the most selfish thing he could possibly do.
    You have been cleared to play for over a month, you never played. Now you get a HUGE win in a game 7 vs. the Nets on the road (+280) AND a monster win in game 1 vs. the Heat on the road (+800 ) and you want to come back now?
    You can't tell me that a guy who's been out for 12 months miraculously can play tomorrow but couldn't play last night or 3 days ago. I'm not buying it. He looks like a pussy already right now and I love the guy.

3. If he comes back and the Heat win 4 in a row, he's going to be the one Bulls fans blame.
    Rose loves Chicago, Chicago LOVESSSSS Rose. He's going to get hammered with criticism though in this spot. Even with the Bulls up 1-0 they are still a heavy dog I'm sure, haven't seen the updated series price yet. He's sensitive, I dunno how good he would handle it if it happened.

4. It's a lose-lose situation for everybody UNLESS Rose comes in and they beat the Heat in the series. ANDDD even if he somehow pulls off that miracle and they win, they are going to question why he hasn't played earlier even more.

I'm tired of all this D-Rose drama. Give the kids who are getting and have gotten it done their credit, and let them finish what they started on their own. He's already stalled out and has doctor's questioning what his deal is. Mental toughness? REALLY? What kind of horseshit excuse is this? What are you fukkin 12? You weren't "Mentally tough" enough to play in the regular season but you are A-OK for the playoffs? WTF? Is there something else to this guy we aren't aware of? ? Is he depressed?? Bi-polar? Christ.

Going to be interesting how it all pans out obviously, I just hope he doesn't go in there and fukk all that up.

I bet you the that whole locker room and every Bulls-fan 100% believe they can take the Heat in this series with or without Rose. And you know what? I'm rooting for these guys hard now. Knock these Miami diva's off that fukkin pedestal they have been jerking themselves off on all year and shock the NBA world.

Points Awarded:

dizzyd gave BennyBigNuts 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jikos gave BennyBigNuts 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

If rose came back and really did indeed beat the heat in 7 games only pathetic cry babies would say he should have returned earlier. It would be one of the biggest upsets in NBA history

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

D-Rose is a pussy

BennyBigNuts

I'd be interested what Bulls fans think on this topic too. If I'm a Bulls fan I know D-Rose is my guy, but I gotta think I don't want him back right now under these circumstances.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I'd be interested what Bulls fans think on this topic too. If I'm a Bulls fan I know D-Rose is my guy, but I gotta think I don't want him back right now under these circumstances.
    If he's ready he should play. If not then he shouldn't. It's up to him. Case closed. Teammates will support him 100% regardless.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

i tore my acl in the octagon .. wasnt pretty .. took me just over a year to recover to get back in it ... by no means is this injury easy mentally to come back from .. most of you guys who are calling rose a bitcch probably never had a serious injury before
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: d2bets

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    i tore my acl in the octagon .. wasnt pretty .. took me just over a year to recover to get back in it ... by no means is this injury easy mentally to come back from .. most of you guys who are calling rose a bitcch probably never had a serious injury before
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dunno dude. He's been cleared by medical doctors for like 2 months actually. I tore my rotator cuff, so I know what pain is lol. I just don't agree with his timing of finally deciding to play if it's right now.

dizzyd
    dizzyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3655

Nate robinson > mj > d rose
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

You mad bro

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dunno dude. He's been cleared by medical doctors for like 2 months actually. I tore my rotator cuff, so I know what pain is lol. I just don't agree with his timing of finally deciding to play if it's right now.
    benny i was cleared after 9 months to get back in the ring .. i did my 10th month .. it was bad .. i couldnt handle it .. getting banged around and worrying about how my knee would hold up if something happened ... being cleared is bullshiit also .. look at amare for the knicks.. they cleared him to play and then like 2 weeks later he gets hurt again .. physical doctors can clear you from what they see as far as x rays and mris go but as far as being mentally stable to get back on the floor or whatever you do isnt easy .. im telling you from experience ..

now im in the greatest shape of my life tho but it took a while

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They need to trade Rose. Rose to L.A. and Kobe will play off the bench

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

miami in 6

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stop making excuses. Rose is a pussy.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

There is a difference between being medically cleared and mentally cleared. If he is not ready to play mentally then he is a liability to the team and it is in the best interest of the team that he does not play this year and just as you said you cannot come after laying off for a year and start playing high intensity play off games its just too hard not to mention the baggage he has to carry in his head of re injuring himself.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    There is a difference between being medically cleared and mentally cleared. If he is not ready to play mentally then he is a liability to the team and it is in the best interest of the team that he does not play this year and just as you said you cannot come after laying off for a year and start playing high intensity play off games its just too hard not to mention the baggage he has to carry in his head of re injuring himself.
    Translation, he is a pussy. How can you not be mentally ready? What the penetrate has he been thinking in his head the past 12 months?

"La di da I want some ice cream after sitting on the end of the bench while my teammates scrap day in an day out"
    "Oh what is that? I'm cleared to play. Shoot that came out of no where"

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

"Derrick's a brother," Noah said. "And to see him go through this is tough, but at the end of the day it's really funny how quick people are to judge. But people don't know what it's like to lead a team, especially after you tore your ACL.

"If you tore your ACL and you have to be the starting point guard and have the expectations that Derrick has, then maybe you can judge, but everybody who hasn't been in that situation before should really shut up because I feel like it's just so unfair to him and to this team. We're fighting, and everybody's going to just s--- on somebody who's been giving so much to this organization. It's crazy to me."

There is no dissension on the Bulls, despite the pleas and wishes and imagination of some folks. They have Rose's back 100%. All the criticism probably just makes them closer and stronger. And trust me, if Noah felt otherwise, he'd say so, he's not afraid to say whatever is on his mind.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

4. It's a lose-lose situation for everybody UNLESS Rose comes in and they beat the Heat in the series. ANDDD even if he somehow pulls off that miracle and they win, they are going to question why he hasn't played earlier even more.
    This is actually the only one I disagree with you on. IF (very big IF there) DRose were to come back AND he somehow pulls off the miracle series upset and they win, that would be the ONLY instance in which no one would give two shyts as to why he hasn't played earlier even more. I honestly think all would be forgiven were that to happen.

On a different note... I think this is a comfort issue with DRose and I'm not ready to call him a pussy just yet. He is one of the best players in the league (in my opinion the 2nd or 3rd best true athlete - LBJ being one and Westbrook being either 2 or 3, can't decide) because of his speed, agility, quickness, hops, and his explosive first step. Infact, I dont think any player in the NBA relies on it more/can afford to lose it more than DRose because of his size at 6'3". He relies on those athletic aspects more than anyone because with out them at 6'3" he would be SOL.

That said, it is extremely important for him to be able to feel COMPLETELY comfortable on the court again using all those athletic aspects of his game to their full effect. Lebron is still big/strong, Westrbook still has a large size mismatch for his position, DRose doesn't. If he comes back without being 100% confident in his ability to play like he did before, I think it would actually hurt the Bulls to have him on the court. He can't afford to be hesitant to cut sharply to the lane or to make a quick move on a fast break, it's what makes his game so great. He loses that and he is in big trouble.

I think his team-mates understand that and as much as I'd like to see him back ASAP I want to be able to watch the killer-instinct DRose of old, not a DRose that is scared to drive the lane. Also, he is a HUGE investment to the Bulls, the last thing they want to do is risk him getting re-injuring from coming back too early so that's why you don't/won't hear any complaints from them. Still lots of clock left on his career. Does surprise me that they publicly announced that he was cleared though, should have left that in house IMO if they thought there was a chance he wouldn't be back shortly after. Would have avoided this entire situation.

Sorry for the long write up, just wanted to give my analysis on the situation.
    Last edited by Huckleberry Pig; 05-07-13 at 10:56 AM.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

benny i was cleared after 9 months to get back in the ring .. i did my 10th month .. it was bad .. i couldnt handle it .. getting banged around and worrying about how my knee would hold up if something happened ... being cleared is bullshiit also .. look at amare for the knicks.. they cleared him to play and then like 2 weeks later he gets hurt again .. physical doctors can clear you from what they see as far as x rays and mris go but as far as being mentally stable to get back on the floor or whatever you do isnt easy .. im telling you from experience ..

now im in the greatest shape of my life tho but it took a while
    so u got back 1 month after being cleared, rose hasnt done so as of yet ....................
    amare is a poor example, he has chronic knee issues to the point where he is uninsured by the knicks
    y dont we use examples like rubio or shumpert ...........
    u know, other nba guards who hurt their acls around the same time and came back without bitching

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

As a Bull's fan I really don't think it matters if he comes back or not this playoffs. This is a testament to how good a coach Tom Thibodeau is. This team is buying everything he's selling, no matter who's on the court. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    so u got back 1 month after being cleared, rose hasnt done so as of yet ....................
    amare is a poor example, he has chronic knee issues to the point where he is uninsured by the knicks
    u know, other nba guards who hurt their acls around the same time and came back without bitching
    He wasn't an MVP point guard.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i did my 10th month but it was the same thing compared to what rose is doing now .. hes playin a lil iin practice .. it took me over a year to start fighting against opponents again

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

benny... this is the perfect time for rose to come back... bulls fans are pumped right now and he can slip back into the game without alot of media attention... sure itll get Some attention but right now bulls fans care that theyre up 1-0... u could put the janitor in as point guard right now and they wouldnt care theyre livin on cloud nine.

rose is an athlete and has the decision to come back when he wants and feels ready too... hes worth millions and thats alot to put on a guy... no way should he risk going back on the court if he feels hes not ready... thatd be like if you were the starting pitcher for the yankees and hurt ur arm... if you were at a carnival and didnt feel comfortable playing in a pie throwing contest bc it might cost you your 100 mil contract if you reinjure youre arm then thats a good decision...

if bulls fans dont care and arent mad and the teammates support him then why the hell does anyone else care??

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazing how this is so hard for some of you to understand.....

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's brother and manager, Reggie Rose, said Thursday that the franchise hasn't put enough quality players around the Chicago Bulls star to win a championship and that could be a "big factor" in whether he returns this season from a knee injury.

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

Reggie Rose, who attended Thursday's game at the United Center, said the Bulls have known all along Rose could sit out this season, but the organization hasn't mentioned it because it would affect ticket sales.

"Everyone is expecting Derrick to come back," Reggie Rose said. "If Derrick comes back, they're going to sell more tickets. Is the reason for Derrick to come back to win a championship or make money? Right now, I don't believe a championship. Everything in the NBA is financial."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-factor-return

Derrick Rose may return to the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the NBA playoffs, according to his brother/manager, Reggie.
    Speaking with the Chicago Tribune (via NBC Sports' Rotoworld), Reggie said that Rose is close to 100 percent and could return in the second round against the Miami Heat:

Though some would be inclined to believe that Rose's brother would have an inside track on what the floor general plans to do, this is the same brother who ripped Chicago for not making any moves at the trade deadline, insisting that would play a factor in whether Rose returned.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-second-round

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

No injury is easy to come back from but the fact is guy should have been logging minutes here and there after he was cleared to play to get him ready for the playoffs. I tore both ACL's, a pec, and dislocated my throwing elbow before. You reach a point where you just have to get out there and test the body part out instead of sitting at home, playing with your son, and counting all the $$ you're making

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's brother and manager, Reggie Rose, said Thursday that the franchise hasn't put enough quality players around the Chicago Bulls star to win a championship and that could be a "big factor" in whether he returns this season from a knee injury.

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

Reggie Rose, who attended Thursday's game at the United Center, said the Bulls have known all along Rose could sit out this season, but the organization hasn't mentioned it because it would affect ticket sales.

"Everyone is expecting Derrick to come back," Reggie Rose said. "If Derrick comes back, they're going to sell more tickets. Is the reason for Derrick to come back to win a championship or make money? Right now, I don't believe a championship. Everything in the NBA is financial."

Derrick Rose may return to the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the NBA playoffs, according to his brother/manager, Reggie.
    Speaking with the Chicago Tribune (via NBC Sports' Rotoworld), Reggie said that Rose is close to 100 percent and could return in the second round against the Miami Heat:

Though some would be inclined to believe that Rose's brother would have an inside track on what the floor general plans to do, this is the same brother who ripped Chicago for not making any moves at the trade deadline, insisting that would play a factor in whether Rose returned.

It's funny that his idiot brother thinks they have no talent around him.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    No injury is easy to come back from but the fact is guy should have been logging minutes here and there after he was cleared to play to get him ready for the playoffs. I tore both ACL's, a pec, and dislocated my throwing elbow before. You reach a point where you just have to get out there and test the body part out instead of sitting at home, playing with your son, and counting all the $$ you're making
    some people handle these situations different mentally .. i was in great shape when i blew my knee out .. i got back and when i was in the ring i was shiit scared of ruining it again .. its not easy especially when you are as explosive as he is on the floor .. i was the same exact way and i wasnt collecting shit from being laid up

Frisco

some people handle these situations different mentally .. i was in great shape when i blew my knee out .. i got back and when i was in the ring i was shiit scared of ruining it again .. its not easy especially when you are as explosive as he is on the floor .. i was the same exact way and i wasnt collecting shit from being laid up
    I definitely agree that this injury had more of an impact on his game than it would most players b/c of his style of play. I'm just disappointed the kid didn't try giving it a go earlier on in some laid back end of the year regular season games

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I definitely agree that this injury had more of an impact on his game than it would most players b/c of his style of play. I'm just disappointed the kid didn't try giving it a go earlier on in some laid back end of the year regular season games
    i know .. as a bulls fan its frustrating here to .. but it makes me feel better about how his teammates are all sticking up for him .

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

and hey you guys are forgetting one thing look at peterson he tore his acl and was out there in 10 months like frisco said you need to stop psyching yourself out and just man up and go out there.

You think if this was lebron or kobe they would be taking their time to get back when they see their team struggling with injuries and sick. Look at david lee they dont need rose to be the all star cause he isnt gonna be any good since he wont be in game shape. They just want him out there to log minutes to take off pressure off the regular guys.

If deng and hinrich come back then they should just sit him cause they would have 3 point guards and rose would be the worst of the 3 if you think about it.

Frisco

I'd love to hear what how his teammates really feel about what he's doing. Can't imagine they're being completely honest while the cameras and microphones are pointed at them

BennyBigNuts

First of all, Long posts with good stuff being said should be encouraged on this site.
    This was a great post with your point of view. And some of us actually READ.
    BUT look at I/o's post here under yours and this is why I have formed the opinion he is pointing out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post

This is actually the only one I disagree with you on. IF (very big IF there) DRose were to come back AND he somehow pulls off the miracle series upset and they win, that would be the ONLY instance in which no one would give two shyts as to why he hasn't played earlier even more. I honestly think all would be forgiven were that to happen.

On a different note... I think this is a comfort issue with DRose and I'm not ready to call him a pussy just yet. He is one of the best players in the league (in my opinion the 2nd or 3rd best true athlete - LBJ being one and Westbrook being either 2 or 3, can't decide) because of his speed, agility, quickness, hops, and his explosive first step. Infact, I dont think any player in the NBA relies on it more/can afford to lose it more than DRose because of his size at 6'3". He relies on those athletic aspects more than anyone because with out them at 6'3" he would be SOL.

That said, it is extremely important for him to be able to feel COMPLETELY comfortable on the court again using all those athletic aspects of his game to their full effect. Lebron is still big/strong, Westrbook still has a large size mismatch for his position, DRose doesn't. If he comes back without being 100% confident in his ability to play like he did before, I think it would actually hurt the Bulls to have him on the court. He can't afford to be hesitant to cut sharply to the lane or to make a quick move on a fast break, it's what makes his game so great. He loses that and he is in big trouble.

I think his team-mates understand that and as much as I'd like to see him back ASAP I want to be able to watch the killer-instinct DRose of old, not a DRose that is scared to drive the lane. Also, he is a HUGE investment to the Bulls, the last thing they want to do is risk him getting re-injuring from coming back too early so that's why you don't/won't hear any complaints from them. Still lots of clock left on his career. Does surprise me that they publicly announced that he was cleared though, should have left that in house IMO if they thought there was a chance he wouldn't be back shortly after. Would have avoided this entire situation.

Sorry for the long write up, just wanted to give my analysis on the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

another good post here.

The Bulls already have talent.

And I will say one more thing....
    Will Purdue, Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, John Paxson, Craig Hodges, Bj Armstrong.
    WHO THE FUKKKK needed talent around him to win a ring?? Or 6 rings for that matter. Cmon mannnnnnnnnnnn
    Just get it done.

See-Rawww
    See-Rawww's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This is being erected so hold your pony

Huckleberry Pig

First of all, Long posts with good stuff being said should be encouraged on this site.
    This was a great post with your point of view. And some of us actually READ.
    BUT look at I/o's post here under yours and this is why I have formed the opinion he is pointing out as well.

another good post here.

The Bulls already have talent.

And I will say one more thing....
    Will Purdue, Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, John Paxson, Craig Hodges, Bj Armstrong.
    WHO THE FUKKKK needed talent around him to win a ring?? Or 6 rings for that matter. Cmon mannnnnnnnnnnn
    Just get it done.
    I agree, would love to see more posters offer longer write ups, i actually enjoy reading them and trying to learn something or see something from a perspective I didn't think of. Like what I/O wrote, great stuff there. Actually kinda funny, saw them discuss this on ESPN First Take today during my lunch break (my daily lunch show). Kinda a tough deal for Rose because his moron brother kinda went and said all that stuff when he probably should have just kept his mouth shut. He keeps his mouth shut and Rose doesn't have this cloud over him right now.

I can see why both sides have the view they have - those who think he should be back on the court and those that are cutting him some slack. I just happen to be on the side of cutting him some slack because of the reason's I mentioned. I do think his brother really put him in a tough spot that he doesn't deserve to be in but DRose himself also should put a stop to rumors one way or the other.

I will say this, with how much of a beating he takes in the lane, he HAS to be 100%. If he's not, no purpose in rushing it. Being a $100MM man, I just don't understand the rush. What AP did has really made life difficult for other athletes because of the amount of time it took him to come back but I really think he is an outlier in this circumstance. His recovery time was unheard of and maybe his body was just able to heal faster than most, IDK how to explain it, but I do not think it should be seen as a new "standard" recover time. Not fair to other athletes.

Like I said, would love to see him play, but I don't want to see him jump in early because of pressure like RGIII did earlier - look where that got him.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Lots of buzz that Rose is going to play Friday.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

they need to trade D-Rose & build the team around Nate Dawg

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Lots of buzz that Rose is going to play Friday.
    sure will make things interesting if true! Stern is gonna be one happy camper if it happens

12 Last