BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Grizzlies ML +125 game 2

I really hate to do this but I have a really bad feeling about this game.

1 unit.

GL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on this. I've had it on my bet card three different times since last night, but never clicked confirm.

It makes sense, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, but there's something that's telling me to stay far, far away.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I just can't seem to pull the trigger on this. I've had it on my bet card three different times since last night, but never clicked confirm.

It makes sense, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, but there's something that's telling me to stay far, far away.

Just fade the Greek for once. Now seems like the perfect opportunity.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

I was sure memphis will advance and i was sure then they should win this game 2 but like no coin said i have a feeling OKC wins it.. Durant too much of a factor and i dont expect Serge to shot that bad..And even if OKC wins this game i wouldnt count them out from the series..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Just fade the Greek for once. Now seems like the perfect opportunity.
    Why, what are they doing? To be honest, I don't even look at Greek lines anymore.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Why, what are they doing? To be honest, I don't even look at Greek lines anymore.
    Wise decision...... although fading the juicy lines seems to be a very +EV proposition during these playoffs

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was definitely not as impressed with the grizzlies in the first game as I thought I would be. Actually felt a little unlucky do to the poor shooting of the Thunder for losing the - 3. I'm starting to think the Thunder might actually win this series or at least that its really a 50/50 chance. Martin made his shots, seems to be in a groove now, if anyone else on the Thunder besides Durant can make some wideopen jumpers, the Grizzlies will have a really tough time. If the game is close late, we all know who's got the odds on their side.

BigDofBA

Whoever wins this game wins the series IMO.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is by no means a must win for the Griz.

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Whoever wins this game wins the series IMO.
    Nah, OKC has or at least should have realized by now they don't have any pressure on them unless stupid media that does not understand the difference that loosing a top 10 (for me, top 5) nba player makes. If we lose tonight, we can still make it by robbing one in Memphis. Same goes for the Grizzlies who can easily make it 2-2.

SpreadSniper

I really hate to do this but I have a really bad feeling about this game.

1 unit.

GL.
    BigD sounds off on an OKC game, ya'll best listen up

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Thunder keep home court.

jaspegs
    jaspegs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Like it.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    This is by no means a must win for the Griz.
    The Grizzlies won't win 4 out of 5 from OKC without home court which is what they would have to do if they lose this game. Do you have any idea the percentage of teams that come back down 0-2 in a series? It rarely happens. It's not impossible, the Grizzlies did it this year, but I don't see them doing it back to back series.

The one thing OKC has going for them is that they have a goto guy in the final seconds to create a shot. If they can keep the game close I'll take Durant over whoever Memphis has all day.

As for the guy that said OKC wasn't done if they lose, I agree. With that said, it would be an uphill battle that I think they would end up on the short end of the stick. This is a huge game for both sides.

BadLuckSanta

The Grizzlies won't win 4 out of 5 from OKC without home court which is what they would have to do if they lose this game. Do you have any idea the percentage of teams that come back down 0-2 in a series? It rarely happens. It's not impossible, the Grizzlies did it this year, but I don't see them doing it back to back series.

The one thing OKC has going for them is that they have a goto guy in the final seconds to create a shot. If they can keep the game close I'll take Durant over whoever Memphis has all day.

As for the guy that said OKC wasn't done if they lose, I agree. With that said, it would be an uphill battle that I think they would end up on the short end of the stick. This is a huge game for both sides.

I feel like you're pulling my leg and this is a reverse jinx thread.

QPON and Price won't be hitting the same shots they hit that first game. Ibaka cannot play worse than he did in game 1.
    Brooks makes some questionable decisions by playing Perkins as much as he does in crucial possession but that will change tonight as it was very evident that Perkins will lose the game for you out there by simply having rocks for hands.

Also, that game 1 was played early in the day. OKC never does well in those types of situations.
    Looking for OKC to start the game at their pace tonight and score in a hurry.

OKC by double digits.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckSanta View Post

QPON and Price won't be hitting the same shots they hit that first game. Ibaka cannot play worse than he did in game 1.
    Brooks makes some questionable decisions by playing Perkins as much as he does in crucial possession but that will change tonight as it was very evident that Perkins will lose the game for you out there by simply having rocks for hands.

Also, that game 1 was played early in the day. OKC never does well in those types of situations.
    Looking for OKC to start the game at their pace tonight and score in a hurry.

OKC by double digits.
    Prince and Pondexter shot a combined 8-18 (44%). Hardly anything extraordinary.

JM92

Usually the team that starts 2-0 is also the clearly better team, or at least slightly better (4-5 matchups). This is not the case because of the injury to Westbrook.

Seto

They also shot a combined 2-6 from the line (not counting the intentional miss otherwise would be 2-7)

Ontnr
    Ontnr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

It rarely happens. It's not impossible, the Grizzlies did it this year, but I don't see them doing it back to back series.
    That they did it last year, doesn't make it less likely that they can do it this year.

Too many statements that don't make sense.

How about "it's unlikely" instead of "they won't".

BadLuckSanta

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Prince and Pondexter shot a combined 8-18 (44%). Hardly anything extraordinary.
    4-9 from 3 combined. 44% from 3 is not something that'll happen again.

Seto

4-9 from 3 combined. 44% from 3 is not something that'll happen again.
    How about Conley going 1-5 (20%) from 3? How about Kevin Martin And Derek Fisher going a combined 5-8 (62.5%) from 3?

I could go on and on. At the end of the day these things (looking at shooting % from the last game) don't really mean anything. At least not to me.

vinhmen
    vinhmen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4750

Here's a list from the past decade of teams that came back from 0-2. Add this year's Grizz 1st round series to it. "Rarely happens" is even a stretch.
    L.A. Lakers (vs. San Antonio)
    Western Conference Semifinals
    Dallas (vs. Houston)
    Western Conference First Round
    Washington (vs. Chicago)
    Eastern Conference First Round
    Miami (vs. Dallas)
    Finals
    Utah (vs. Houston)
    Western Conference First Round
    Cleveland (vs. Detroit)
    Eastern Conference Finals
    San Antonio (vs. New Orleans)
    Western Conference Semifinals
    Oklahoma City (vs. San Antonio)
    Western Conference Finals

BadLuckSanta

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    How about Conley going 1-5 (20%) from 3? How about Kevin Martin And Derek Fisher going a combined 5-8 (62.5%) from 3?

I could go on and on. At the end of the day these things (looking at shooting % from the last game) don't really mean anything. At least not to me.
    It's very tough to shoot well in back to back road games, especially if you're a role player like QPON, Prince, Bayless.

I'm all over OKC. I expect a double digit lead throughout most of the game for the Thunder. If it gets close, won't be close till the 4th and the Grizzlies don't have someone that can match Durant score for score.

Good luck on your plays but I suggest you don't fall into the new Grizzly hype and perception.

SpreadSniper

Said it before and I'll say it again - BigD's reads on OKC games are not to be fugged with.... guy is a stand-up poster.... no reverse bullshit

BigDofBA

This isn't a reverse jinx thread. That's just plain stupid.

I don't believe that posting a thread on an internet message board to a bunch of strangers has any effect on the game. This will be a tough game for OKC. If they win, awesome, but they're short handed and I think Memphis evens the series tonight.

vinhmen
    vinhmen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4750

If you're on the Grizz, wait for the likely OKC run then bet live.

Frisco

It's a have my cake and eat it too thread. My bet wins... great. My bet loses... my team wins.... great.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I like Grizz, but I'm thinking live betting may be the better option for Grizz backers. OKC isn't going to trail all game at home.

BigDofBA

It's a have my cake and eat it too thread. My bet wins... great. My bet loses... my team wins.... great.
    It's only a 1 unit bet.

I thought the Grizzlies had a great shot at beating OKC ina seven game before Westbrook got hurt now I like them even more. OKC was very lucky to win game one.

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by vinhmen View Post
    If you're on the Grizz, wait for the likely OKC run then bet live.
    great idea.... although I figure this to be a grind-typa-game

EDIT - guys are all over the OVER however

Frisco

It's only a 1 unit bet.

I thought the Grizzlies had a great shot at beating OKC ina seven game before Westbrook got hurt now I like them even more. OKC was very lucky to win game one.
    Gl pal. Just giving you shit

BigDofBA

Gl pal. Just giving you shit
    LOL. Cool.

BigDofBA

My read was correct on OKC.

I feel dirty but it's a winner none the less.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6765

My read was correct on OKC.

I feel dirty but it's a winner none the less.
    i made live 4th q bets on Memphis +110 and +150... thx pal

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

who got screwed/saved on the total w/ the last 5 garbage points???

12 Last