BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Do people really think the Warriors are going to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series?

Get real.

They just beat a team that has only gotten out of the first round once in this millennium. The Spurs will own the Warriors just like they owned the Lakers.

While Golden State was farting around with Denver for six games, the Spurs were home chilling after sweeping all four of their games by double digits.

Takeexperience, coaching, and oh yeah, the better team. The Warriors talent won't camouflage Marc Jackson this series.

GINOBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Man Curry is playing on superstar level . Anything is possible. Value is on warriors with those #'s

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

No value on GS unless you think they can steal game 1 or 2.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

yeah crazy maniacs do just the same way crazy maniacs think OKC can beat memphis. thank god for these idiots though because we get to win money off their idiocy

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

if you can get series numbers I'd play spurs in 5 big and maybe 6 for a small play depending on odds

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    Man Curry is playing on superstar level . Anything is possible. Value is on warriors with those #'s

agreed, and with those fresh legs anything can happen, if they are draining 3's for 4 games they got it, simple as that

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

My question is why not?

They outplayed a 57 win team in every game but game 5.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I don't think they can win a single game away from home this series. Maybe they'll prove otherwise.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    My question is why not?

SA has been playing for the playoffs since the season started... Warriors are happy just to be there.

You should ask yourself "why", not "why not"

BigDofBA

My question is why not?

So your logic is that they beat the Nuggets so they can beat the Spurs? Everyone beats the Nuggets in the first round.

Are you taking the Warriors for the series?

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

I hear you, BUT you are exactly why there is value on the otherside. What happened with San Antonio last playoffs? up 2-0 and got spanked by a younger, faster team. And your saying now, with yet ANOTHER year under their belt...playing a younger, faster team they will just cruise? I think not. Mega value when i got series at +695. Option to hedge down the road.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Honestly I do not see it happening most likely however GSW is a young team full of confidence playing with house $$ right now. They play small ball now and love to run which is not the Spurs strength. I see Spurs taking this in 6 but if it goes to game 7 anything is possible!

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Duncan is the difference. It started last year during the playoffs. The guy is in incredible shape. Do u really think a team playing 2 rookies significant minutes is going to beat the Spurs?

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So your logic is that they beat the Nuggets so they can beat the Spurs? Everyone beats the Nuggets in the first round.

Exactly. People are getting way into the fact that Warriors beat the Nuggets. Not the least bit impressive.

Spurs are miles and miles from what the Nuggets are in the playoffs, and Warriors are going to get demolished.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Kinda of a bold statement to say a -850 fav is gonna win. But I agree.

Pop is too much for mark jackson.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read so many posts that sounded just like this before the Nuggets series. The Warriors are just lucky to make it to the playoffs. They have zero chance of winning the series. They have no chance of beating the Nuggets at home. No way Steph Curry continues shooting lights out. Jackson is outmatched by Karl. etc. etc. Heard it all before.

No, it doesn't seem likely, but yes, it's possible.

t-wizzle

Weren't you worried about Denver in the west against your thunder coming into the playoffs?

BigDofBA

Weren't you worried about Denver in the west against your thunder coming into the playoffs?
    No. I never said that. Denver was the team I was least worried about and I've consistently bashed them in every thread that Denver homer starts all season. I've actually stated several times that I'm not worried about them because they can't ever get out of the first round.

In your threads I mentioned I was worried about the Clippers or Grizzlies in the second round.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-04-13 at 02:09 PM.

t-wizzle

No. I never said that. Denver was the team I was least worried about and I've consistently bashed them in every thread that Denver homer starts all season. I've actually stated several times that I'm not worried about them because they can't ever get out of the first round.

In your threads I mentioned I was worried about the Clippers or Grizzlies in the second round.
    Ok but you still never answered my question in post #7.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

They have to win every game at Oracle for this to have a chance... Last year everyone was saying (including myself) San Antonio would win at least one in OKC and it just never happened to who knows (even though GS is no OKC). Shoot 25-40 from 3 in game 1, steal one and protect homecourt.

It probably won't happen but I wouldn't say 0 percent chance. Also I think there's too much Mark Jackson hate on here, he's done a good job imo this year.

BigDofBA

Ok but you still never answered my question in post #7.
    I thought I mentioned in post #1 of this thread. The Spurs have a better team, more experience, home court advantage, and a lot better coach.

Golden State beat a team that always flames out in the first round. The Warriors will be a good team in years to come but they will be outclassed by the Spurs.

Are you really taking the Warriors in this series?

moguler
    moguler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8093

Spurs in 6. Those who take the Warriors in this series are...... serioulsy mentally challenged.

t-wizzle

I thought I mentioned in post #1 of this thread. The Spurs have a better team, more experience, home court advantage, and a lot better coach.

Golden State beat a team that always flames out in the first round. The Warriors will be a good team in years to come but they will be outclassed by the Spurs.

Are you really taking the Warriors in this series?
    Whatever Denver did in past years is irrelevant. They were a very good team this year and were outplayed virtually the entire series.

Right, I read the first post. Experience, coaching, better team. All you guys are so silly with the coaching stuff. Is Mark Jackson hindering Stephen Curry? I'm not crazy about his coaching as far as x's and o's but let's look at the last series. Did Denver (who has a highly-regarded coach in George Karl) have any answers for the Warriors smaller lineup? Does Jackson not get credit for going small after Lee went down because it sure seemed to me that it worked out pretty well. Conventional wisdom would have inserted Landry into the starting five but he went with Jarrett Jack and it worked.

I don't know about you but I see a pretty close-knit team with the Warriors. Put aside your religious views and it's clear that all these guys share faith and Jackson has used that to bring them closer. I mean when do nba teams say a prayer together? Really, come on. I'm not saying God has anything to do with their success but I think their chemistry is at least partly due to the spiritual bond they all seem to be sharing.

Pops is a great coach but I prefer to look at the talent. All you guys on here focus on coaching way way too much. Sure it's nice to have a good coach and that's a huge reason for their regular season success the past few years but the Spurs are an older team with a lot of bumps and bruises so to speak. Obviously the books are favoring them big time but I give Golden State a chance in this series. To answer your question, I may take GSW series price small. Low-risk, high reward.

BigDofBA

Right, I read the first post. Experience, coaching, better team. All you guys are so silly with the coaching stuff.

I don't know about you but I see a pretty close-knit team with the Warriors. Put aside your religious views and it's clear that all these guys share faith and Jackson has used that to bring them closer. I mean when do nba teams say a prayer together? Really, come on. I'm not saying God has anything to do with their success but I think their chemistry is at least partly due to the spiritual bond they all seem to be sharing.

So my coaching angle is silly but your angle that the Warriors are a close knit team and have faith isn't? How do you know how close they are? You haven't been in that locker room.

I'm pretty sure Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and coach Pop are a close knit group considering they have multiple championships and have been the most consistent franchise in the NBA the past decade.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by moguler View Post
    Spurs in 6. Those who take the Warriors in this series are...... serioulsy mentally challenged.
    I wouldn't consider it mentally challenged actually, there is tons of value taking GS here. The small lineup for GS has worked pretty well so far but Pop can challenge that no problem, GS just needs to keep it close which they can, if they clean up those mistakes they made in Game 6. I am thinking either Spurs destroys this team or its a close game but Spurs come out on top, but there is value in GS series!!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    I wouldn't consider it mentally challenged actually, there is tons of value taking GS here. The small lineup for GS has worked pretty well so far but Pop can challenge that no problem, GS just needs to keep it close which they can, if they clean up those mistakes they made in Game 6. I am thinking either Spurs destroys this team or its a close game but Spurs come out on top, but there is value in GS series!!
    People throw around the word value all the time. What exactly does that mean to you guys?

I saw people taking the Nuggets, Lakers, and Clippers to win the West because it had value...

To me, it seems more like throwing darts. The better teams usually win in 7 game series.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

curry will be exposed,parker will dominate....this series will be over in 5...spurssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Value means high risk but high reward, but a lot of people throw the word value for props that have absolutely no chance (ie; lakers). There is value because GS offense can run with the best but if they really want to get into a shootout with the Spurs they have to keep it close and its possible they can do that, but they can't get bullied and turn it over like they did in Game 6 and pretty much all of that series.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Bill Simmons said it best when he said "And they'd need the NBA to say, "Wow, how much fun would it be to have the Warriors in the conference finals," then assign Joey Crawford to at least three of these Spurs-Warriors games" lol

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

The Warriors are much more similar to the younger (inexperienced) quicker Clippers last season than the Thunder. So a sweep is more likely than this thing going past 6. So smart value is with a 4-0 4-1 play.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Get real.

They just beat a team that has only gotten out of the first round once in this millennium. The Spurs will own the Warriors just like they owned the Lakers.

While Golden State was farting around with Denver for six games, the Spurs were home chilling after sweeping all four of their games by double digits.

Takeexperience, coaching, and oh yeah, the better team. The Warriors talent won't camouflage Marc Jackson this series.

GINOBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!
    it's like -850.....great thread. you act like you're giving a value bet at decent odds with the mini hog s hit writeup.

posting that a -850 favorite will win is comical.

warriors covered all 6 games against the nuggets? how will they do ATS this series? or did you put 850 dollars to win 100 on the series price?

considering the warriors are +650ish in the series, did you expect them to be bigger dogs than +8.5 in San Antonio where they have not won in 16 years? what will the lines be in the Oracle, where the home court advantage has been undervalued greatly in my estimation (being at games 3 and 6 in the last series)

your thunder are a dog to the grizzlies, your thoughts?
    Last edited by YouHave2outs; 05-04-13 at 11:28 PM.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    it's like -850.....great thread. you act like you're giving a value bet at decent odds with the mini hog s hit writeup.

posting that a -850 favorite will win is comical.

warriors covered all 6 games against the nuggets? how will they do ATS this series? or did you put 850 dollars to win 100 on the series price?

considering the warriors are +650ish in the series, did you expect them to be bigger dogs than +8.5 in San Antonio where they have not won in 16 years? what will the lines be in the Oracle, where the home court advantage has been undervalued greatly in my estimation (being at games 3 and 6 in the last series)

your thunder are a dog to the grizzlies, your thoughts?

You must be a warriors fan.

I'm not laying -850 or whatever, I'm just asking why people actually think the Warriors are going to win this series kind of like how I was asking why people were taking LA to beat the Spurs and putting futures on the Lakers to win the West.

It's a wast of money.

I think Memphis beats OKC.

YouHave2outs

the Warriors are +8.5/+400 in game 1. considering the Oracle's majesty i would have to say +2/+120 would be fair for the home games. how does this add up to the Warriors having 0 chance to win the series? or do you believe betting SA spread every game has a lot of value?

why are you not willing to lay -850 on something that is a 100% proposition? it's a lot better than -16000 on the Heat or whatever.
    Last edited by YouHave2outs; 05-05-13 at 09:44 AM.

YouHave2outs

The Warriors talent won't camouflage Marc Jackson this series.
    people be ignorant as hell around here.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    the Warriors are +8.5/+400 in game 1. considering the Oracle's majesty i would have to say +2/+120 would be fair for the home games. how does this add up to the Warriors having 0 chance to win the series? or do you believe betting SA spread every game has a lot of value?

why are you not willing to lay -850 on something that is a 100% proposition? it's a lot better than -16000 on the Heat or whatever.
    I'm not surprised a Warrior's fan is getting offended.

And no, I'm not laying -850. That's just as stupid as laying +1200 or whatever on the Lakers winning the West. I never said anything against taking the Warriors against the spread either.

I'm talking strictly about the series. Are you going to bet on them to win this series? Do you think they will win this series?

I saw people taking Denver, the Lakers, and the Clippers to win the West because it had "value". How does that value look now?

123 Last