YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm not surprised a Warrior's fan is getting offended.

And no, I'm not laying -850. That's just as stupid as laying +1200 or whatever on the Lakers winning the West. I never said anything against taking the Warriors against the spread either.

I'm talking strictly about the series. Are you going to bet on them to win this series? Do you think they will win this series?
    this is an internet gambling forum.. no one is offended, that is a laughable comment.

no one in the right mind thinks they will win the series, if by that you mean more than half of the time. Do I think they have better than a 1/7 shot of winning the series, which would justify laying +650? Actually I don't, but I don't think they're very far off this number. I'd say they definitely have a better than 10% shot. by your tone, it seems that you give them less than 5%, yet by what you've said in this thread you're thinking what i am: neither series price has much value, if any, and the spurs will likely win the series. AS IS THE CASE WITH MOST -850/+650 lines.

you think that laying +650 is 'a waste of money' and that laying -850 is 'just as stupid as laying +1200 on lakers to win the west'. it doesn't seem you have much of an opinion on this line whatsoever, and simply started a thread to let us know that a -850 team with championships, home court advantage, and tons of playoff experience under their belt will beat a young, inexperienced team. if so, great thread and i'll bow out.

as far as your mark jackson comment, you would totally disagree with it if you read half the things the Warriors players have said about him throughout the year.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    this is an internet gambling forum.. no one is offended, that is a laughable comment.

no one in the right mind thinks they will win the series, if by that you mean more than half of the time. Do I think they have better than a 1/7 shot of winning the series, which would justify laying +650? Actually I don't, but I don't think they're very far off this number. I'd say they definitely have a better than 10% shot. by your tone, it seems that you give them less than 5%, yet by what you've said in this thread you're thinking what i am: neither series price has much value, if any, and the spurs will likely win the series. AS IS THE CASE WITH MOST -850/+650 lines.

you think that laying +650 is 'a waste of money' and that laying -850 is 'just as stupid as laying +1200 on lakers to win the west'. it doesn't seem you have much of an opinion on this line whatsoever, and simply started a thread to let us know that a -850 team with championships, home court advantage, and tons of playoff experience under their belt will beat a young, inexperienced team. if so, great thread and i'll bow out.

as far as your mark jackson comment, you would totally disagree with it if you read half the things the Warriors players have said about him throughout the year.
    The Warriors are a talented team and way ahead of schedule. Even if they lose to the Spurs, it will have been a hell of a year.

With that said, I keep seeing all these threads that proclaim value and I just don't see it.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

The Warriors are a talented team and way ahead of schedule. Even if they lose to the Spurs, it will have been a hell of a year.

With that said, I keep seeing all these threads that proclaim value and I just don't see it.
    i guess we have been in agreement the whole time then. we haven't beaten the spurs in san antonio in 16 years, and i think this year was the first time we beat them at home in like 6. they own us. anything can happy if curry is regularly putting together 14-22 point spurts in half a quarter.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    i guess we have been in agreement the whole time then. we haven't beaten the spurs in san antonio in 16 years, and i think this year was the first time we beat them at home in like 6. they own us. anything can happy if curry is regularly putting together 14-22 point spurts in half a quarter.
    Oracle is one of the best home courts in the league. I hate when OKC plays there. I also think Golden State is really talented.

With that said, they don't have enough experience yet imo to beat a team like the Spurs. This will be a could series for them to learn from and build on in the future.

Also, Lee is out which hurts them. The Warriors will have chances at home but I don't see them winning in San Antonio.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Value means high risk but high reward, but a lot of people throw the word value for props that have absolutely no chance (ie; lakers). There is value because GS offense can run with the best but if they really want to get into a shootout with the Spurs they have to keep it close and its possible they can do that, but they can't get bullied and turn it over like they did in Game 6 and pretty much all of that series.
    Goddamn my capping skills are on point. There should still be a lot of value in this series.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Obe1 Ginobili

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

warriors haven't won in san antonio in 30 games

BigDofBA

It's not a talent thing with the Warriors. They just are young and inexperienced.

San Antonio has been there.

Ginboliiiiiiiiiii

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Quote Originally Posted by bigdofba View Post
    it's not a talent thing with the warriors. They just are young and inexperienced.

San antonio has been there.

Ginboliiiiiiiiiii
    agree!!!

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

1997 man their last win on the river walk

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

GS can't lose confidence here. They went into San Antonio and took it to double overtime, all they need to do is clean up those mistakes take care of the ball and they could win this in 7 games. They need to figure it out and toughen up seriously!!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    GS can't lose confidence here. They went into San Antonio and took it to double overtime, all they need to do is clean up those mistakes take care of the ball and they could win this in 7 games. They need to figure it out and toughen up seriously!!
    Do you think Golden State is going to continue to shoot 57% and the Spurs are going to continue shooting %37 for the first three quarters?

Golden State need to steal this one when the Spurs were flat.

The truth of the matter is that Golden State played great bball for 44 minutes, the Spurs played like shit for 44 minutes, and the Spurs still won. That isn't good.

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Yep warriors blew their big chance, man ya gotta hold big leads with only a few minutes to go, its the difference between good teams and great teams.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Do you think Golden State is going to continue to shoot 57% and the Spurs are going to continue shooting %37 for the first three quarters?

Golden State need to steal this one when the Spurs were flat.

The truth of the matter is that Golden State played great bball for 44 minutes, the Spurs played like shit for 44 minutes, and the Spurs still won. That isn't good.
    Golden state just blew a 18 point lead, thats not good ball at all. GS can continue to shoot 57%, it won't be Curry but he can easily set up his mates especially off the double = high % shot. Spurs will shoot better the first 3 quarters I guess but most likely will be under 50% at the end of the game, depends how crazy pop goes with the substitutions. I wouldn't say Spurs played flat this game they still put up numbers and came back to win this is just going to be a close series. I am thinking GS in 6 or 7.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I guess these people are just downright crazy, right BigD?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I guess these people are just downright crazy, right BigD?
    Golden State hasn't won anything yet and you thought all these people were crazy after game 1 as well.

Aren't you on the Spurs -7.5 tonight?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-08-13 at 10:08 PM.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

All I know warriors is winning 19pts. at halftime

KuLaPhU

All I know warriors is winning 11pts. end of 3rd qtr.

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Golden State wins in 5

Take that to the Bank

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

My write up skills tho

KuLaPhU

Quote Originally Posted by TheSituation87 View Post
    Golden State wins in 5

Take that to the Bank
    should've been sweep

BigDofBA

Enjoy the win Warrior fans/backers.

This young Warriors team is growing up before our eyes. With that said, they still need to win three more.

t-wizzle

Golden State hasn't won anything yet and you thought all these people were crazy after game 1 as well.

Aren't you on the Spurs -7.5 tonight?
    BigD you should try to stop editing your posts all the time. Makes you look bad.

BigDofBA

BigD you should try to stop editing your posts all the time. Makes you look bad.
    You agreed with me after game 1 which is why you took the Spurs and then you bumped it when they were down. It didn't make sense since you were on them -7.5.

Anyway, I don't care what people think on here. So what.

Right or wrong, I'll be here at the end of the series. Nice hit on the Warriors 2nd half.

t-wizzle

You agreed with me after game 1 which is why you took the Spurs and then you bumped it when they were down. It didn't make sense since you were on them -7.5.

Anyway, I don't care what people think on here. So what.

Right or wrong, I'll be here at the end of the series. Nice hit on the Warriors 2nd half.
    Yea. First time I've been wrong on a game in a week. I'm not too worried at least I made back most of it on the Live bet. Thanks.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I'm fairly confident Warriors will blow out these scrubs game 3. Gonna go big on it.

We can talk all we want about 'experienced team vs inexperienced team' 'young' etc etc...but if these 2 games have showed anything, its that Warriors are the better team. I would've never thought this before the series started but Warriors have proven otherwise.

That Lakers series was so misleading because we saw Spurs playing so well - but in reality all they did was beat a shit Lakers team. Warriors are more athletic, have better shooters and seem to be able to play solid D vs Spurs. Warriors win game 3 for sure and most likely finish this off in 6.

KuLaPhU

Enjoy the win Warrior fans/backers.

This young Warriors team is growing up before our eyes. With that said, they still need to win three more.
    Sure will enjoy it... and will enjoy the rest of the series coz most likely this series over

KuLaPhU

hahahahaha! be nice twizz.. hes a nice guy

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Could easily be 2-0 gS here

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by KuLaPhU View Post
    hahahahaha! be nice twizz.. hes a nice guy
    LOL. No need to be nice. Talk smack. It doesn't hurt my feelings. It's entertaining if anything.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

So what's the line for game 3?

Warriors dogs again?

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm a believer now. GS has outplayed the Spurs in their joint. They create too many matchup problems for the Spurs. Manu and Parker just getting scorched on D. GS in 6.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Quote Originally Posted by shooms79 View Post
    I hear you, BUT you are exactly why there is value on the otherside. What happened with San Antonio last playoffs? up 2-0 and got spanked by a younger, faster team. And your saying now, with yet ANOTHER year under their belt...playing a younger, faster team they will just cruise? I think not. Mega value when i got series at +695. Option to hedge down the road.
    Im looking good. Spurs lucky they arent down 0-2. Current series prices now is GS +160. Its what i do...

On a side note: I have pacers for series +160. Parlay heat -950 (after first loss) and pacers +100 (after 1st win). Wish i parlayed the GS +695 in there too.
    Last edited by shooms79; 05-09-13 at 10:57 AM. Reason: additional series plays

Killa Cam
    Killa Cam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

warriors would be 2-0 if they didn't choke so hard game 1. they dominated in san antonio where they hadn't played well in the past 16 years. now they're playing better without david lee and the small lineup is giving the spurs geezers fits. warriors in 6, oracle will blowout gpopp's eardrums.

sarasmith
    sarasmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet op feels pretty stupid now lol.

First 123 Last