frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Vegas has no influence on rigged game, only NBA officials

The public destroyed Vegas and Local Bookies all around the US with Warriors futures and this game. If Vegas had any influence the Nuggets would of got the last call, but they don't. The NBA Ref intimidated by the home crowd controls everything. The Refs gave the Warriors the ball back at 11.2 with game tied on a 50/50 play. When I just looked at it on DVR, that play never went out of bounds and Faried should of had the tying dunk. It should of been a jump at the very worst.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

go and die

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    go and die
    Probably a good thing that the Nuggets lost because I would bet a decent amount on the Warriors to see Denver advance. I'm done gambling now, which is a good thing. Looking to Broncos football in 2013 though.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Your team sucks. Deal with it.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Your team sucks. Deal with it.

They gave Nugget fans a great season, not much you can ask for, for a team without a Superstar. Everything else is a bonus. I don't know who your NBA team is so I can't bash you. But whatever, thanks for being classless and rubbing it in.
    Last edited by SBR Staff; 05-03-13 at 03:16 AM.

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I don't think the ball being out of bounds in that situation can be reviewed, although it did look like it bounced in bounds and very likely would of led to a dunk. Also, the refs weren't necessarily going to cave to the home crowd, especially with the multiple "ref you suck" chants throughout the game

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    They gave Nugget fans a great season, not much you can ask for, for a team without a Superstar. Everything else is a bonus. I don't know who your NBA team is so I can't bash you. But whatever, thanks for being classless and rubbing it in.
    If you describe this as a "great season", why in hell did you think they had a chance to win the West?

Mavs fan. Bash away.

And chill also. It's the internet. No need to take what I'm saying so seriously. Rubbing it in is what people do on this site in case you haven't noticed. Part of the game as a fan. If you had bet on them today I would not have taunted you dw. If you don't want to see people bashing your team after a loss, do what I do when my teams lose and just don't check the internet that evening. People are going to bash...
    Last edited by SBR Staff; 05-03-13 at 03:17 AM.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Are there any big books that offer live betting for huge amounts or is that an online thing?

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    Are there any big books that offer live betting for huge amounts or is that an online thing?
    What is huge to you? Because I don't think you can bet more than 1k live online anywhere.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by zilchy View Post
    What is huge to you? Because I don't think you can bet more than 1k live online anywhere.
    Can bet thousands live @ pinnacle on NBA.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Highly doubt it Frost! For starters most people don't mess with futures. However going.into this series even with Gallinari out I doubt the average person was pounding Gsw before this series with most considering the Nugs as superior with the superior coach.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just depends. At bookmaker Ive seen $500 limits up to $5,500 limits.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Can bet thousands live @ pinnacle on NBA.
    Right, my bad. Didn't think of Pinnacle because it's not a book I can use lol.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UcJEMis16A

I used to believe pro sports weren't rigged, but then Tim fukkin Donaghy called me directly on my cell and while trying to sell me his NBA picks, answered all kinds of questions I had about his actual cheating, how much went on, how much still goes on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isaG03BHx54

Now I'm not saying this game had anything funky going on necessarily, but I will no longer call people crazy when they say NBA is rigged because I've now seen enough evidence and first hand accounts to believe it can happen.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

its the 'ol "i lost so lets say its rigged excuse"

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

that's why we play the game it's officials they can make mistakes like anyone else

look at the 49ers in the Super Bowl not getting a pass interference call in the end zone at the end if the game

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

^Crabtree said it wasn't.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    ^Crabtree said it wasn't.
    of course he says that

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    that's why we play the game it's officials they can make mistakes like anyone else

look at the 49ers in the Super Bowl not getting a pass interference call in the end zone at the end if the game
    In this game the refs botched two critical calls in a row on the Nuggets in that final 20 seconds. They should of not calls outbounds on Chandler missed because Faried would of had a game tying dunk. The ball clearly never hit the baseline on replay. And then they completely botched the ensuing inbound play where Draymond Green took 6 seconds to get the ball to jack

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    In this game the refs botched two critical calls in a row on the Nuggets in that final 20 seconds. They should of not calls outbounds on Chandler missed because Faried would of had a game tying dunk. The ball clearly never hit the baseline on replay. And then they completely botched the ensuing inbound play where Draymond Green took 6 seconds to get the ball to jack
    what cost Denver was their piss poor free throw shooting

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

The only people who've I witnessed that say Sports is rigged is been from losing gamblers. Its been a toss up on who rigs the game, half say Vegas rigs it, the other says the Commissioners and refs. But its a pattern I've experienced over and over as I've never heard winning gamblers claim its all rigged.

But its a good thing, because Ive made a very good living for over 25 years winning money off of players who claim poker is rigged. So please never stop gambling, some of us need your money...

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    The only people who've I witnessed that say Sports is rigged is been from losing gamblers. Its been a toss up on who rigs the game, half say Vegas rigs it, the other says the Commissioners and refs. But its a pattern I've experienced over and over as I've never heard winning gamblers claim its all rigged.

But its a good thing, because Ive made a very good living for over 25 years winning money off of players who claim poker is rigged. So please never stop gambling, some of us need your money...
    Uh... You don't seem to understand.

I'm not saying the game 'might' be rigged, I'm saying we have 100 percent proof it IS or at least it WAS rigged completely. Tim Donaghy is one of who knows how many examples. He clearly goes into detail on what and how he rigged games, phantom calls among all kinds of other shit.

You know he was an actual NBA ref for years right? Fixing games and doing what he pleased until he was caught? He 100 percent affected the outcome in many, many games.

So don't sit here and talk like its Santa Claus. Hopefully there's no paid off refs in the NBA today but fact is there HAVE been paid off refs in the past who HAVE rigged point spreads and outcomes, so your argument is moot. At least as far as the NBA goes.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post

I win and lose all the time with sports betting. But, the shit is manipulated in ways for certain teams to win. Money is involved. You just have to be on the correct side at times. I don't care what you say about certain "Sports" not being rigged. This discussion is brought up everyday. We as gamblers need to get over the fact that you win some and lose some. Some people/gamblers just don't like losing as much as others. Take your frustration out on yourself or just laugh about it and avoid the decision to make a silly bet the next time around.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Theres a big differnence between cheating and rigged. Everyone cheats at some point in their lives, like taking steroids is cheating, or players and refs skimming points. But rigged is a whole other level. People will get put away in jail if games were rigged. I don't think the Fix believers fully understand how hugh a undertaking it would be to rig games and the monumental consequences involved at being caugt. Do you really think Stern would risk 20 years to life for rigging this league when hes got a gravy train keeping it legit? Can you comprehend the amount of people that would have to be involved and keep quiet? All it takes is one to blow the whole thing wide open. There would'nt be a Lawyer, Senator or Governor that wouldn't be clamoring to get there cut. But what ever, just please keep believing its all rigged, I'm trying to do your guys a favor. But again, I make a living off you guys, that is, the guys that blame losing on everyone but themselves...so stay in your reality bubble and never change.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Improper influence placed on a sporting event by the gambling world happens often, in every sport.

Tim Donaghey is not even shocking.
    The shit that went down in futbol - is shocking.

The fact that it went public at that mass a scale is proof positive that it is rampant. It's not an "isolated incident". It never has been. But it is at the "officiating" level the majority of the time.

Listen, there is way too much money in it.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UcJEMis16A

I used to believe pro sports weren't rigged, but then Tim fukkin Donaghy called me directly on my cell and while trying to sell me his NBA picks, answered all kinds of questions I had about his actual cheating, how much went on, how much still goes on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isaG03BHx54

Now I'm not saying this game had anything funky going on necessarily, but I will no longer call people crazy when they say NBA is rigged because I've now seen enough evidence and first hand accounts to believe it can happen.
    Appreciate that....

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Its not just the home crowd its the money the league makes as well. So many sweeps should have happened but the league won't allow many sweeps especially for some big markets.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Games are never rigged , just ask all the guys that went to prison for it.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Its not just the home crowd its the money the league makes as well. So many sweeps should have happened but the league won't allow many sweeps especially for some big markets.
    How do you explain the 2007 Finals sweep or last year's short 5 game Finals? 2009 went 5 games too if I remember. Surely Stern and the league wanted those series to go 6-7 games... ?

lakerboy

every single nba game is rigged

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    How do you explain the 2007 Finals sweep or last year's short 5 game Finals?
    Last year every game was a one possession game in the final minute except for the closeout game when was a Lebron suck fest.

It's pretty obvious they wanted Lebron to get the ring at home. They can market Durant more in a few years as he is only 24 years old.

lakerboy

lmao conley just called for a block on a charge