BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Laker, is bellicheck overrated too? How about Tom Brady?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Laker, is bellicheck overrated too? How about Tom Brady?

you asked me to just post and i do it and you get mad> yes bill is overrated. he is 3-2 in superbowls and so is brady. that isnt that great. at least pops never lost a final.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    i just cant stand pops. guy is so overhyped. do people realize this guy has not won a title in 7 years?
    Yea '07 was the last one. Still bro, 4 titles is pretty damn impressive. I agree though, the Pops love is annoying. Only got past your Lakers one year ('03). If memory serves me right, your boys beat them in 01, 04, and 08.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

i just cant stand pops. guy is so overhyped. do people realize this guy has not won a title in 7 years?
    It's actually only been 5 years unless you are already including this year which isn't over then it would be 6.

Pop has 4 titles. Imo, he is the best in the game followed by Tibbs in Chicago.

I don't understand how he is over hyped. Name five coaches that are better? Over hyped implies there are a lot of coaches that are better.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Yea '07 was the last one. Still bro, 4 titles is pretty damn impressive. I agree though, the Pops love is annoying. Only got past your Lakers one year ('03). If memory serves me right, your boys beat them in 01, 04, and 08.
    Wouldn't you agree the Lakers have had more to work with talent wise?

Also, Phil Jackson is an all-time great. If you're going to win 4 titles in 10 years, losing a few times to Kobe and Jackson isn't anything to hang your head about.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It's actually only been 5 years unless you are already including this year which isn't over then it would be 6.

Pop has 4 titles. Imo, he is the best in the game followed by Tibbs in Chicago.

I don't understand how he is over hyped. Name five coaches that are better? Over hyped implies there are a lot of coaches that are better.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...opovgr99c.html

when did he last win the nba title?

lakerboy

Also, Phil Jackson is an all-time great. If you're going to win 4 titles in 10 years, losing a few times to Kobe and Jackson isn't anything to hang your head about.

lmao were the spurs a shit team or something when they played the lakers? pops never won two in a row. he should have lost to the pistons. he had to take horry from la to win that one.

BigDofBA

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...opovgr99c.html

when did he last win the nba title?
    2007 and it's 2013 but the 2013 season isn't over yet....It doesn't really matter how we split hairs. You can't name any coaches that are still coaching that are better.

He has four titles over an 8 year period. Pretty damn impressive.

t-wizzle

A first ballot hall of famer in Duncan and one of the best big men ever.

Parker isn't exactly chop liver. Neither is Ginobili.

Who was on the Lakers in '09 and '10 again (besides Kobe)?

BigDofBA

lmao were the spurs a shit team or something when they played the lakers? pops never won two in a row. he should have lost to the pistons. he had to take horry from la to win that one.
    Just like the Lakers should have lost to the Spurs the year Fisher hit a miracle?

I'm not really sure what your point is here if you even have one.

I never said the Lakers weren't great. I'm just saying Pops won 4 titles in an 8 year span which is penetrating impressive and you can't name any current coaches that are better than him. So how is he over hyped?

BigDofBA

A first ballot hall of famer in Duncan and one of the best big men ever.

Parker isn't exactly chop liver. Neither is Ginobili.

Who was on the Lakers in '09 and '10 again (besides Kobe)?
    Why are you guys trying to compare the Spurs to the Lakers? Are we trying to bash the Spurs here because they were one of the dominant teams the past decade and it somehow detracts from great Lakers teams?

What's your point? Pop won 4 titles in 8 years which is impressive and he is the best coach in the game. How is that over hyped?

t-wizzle

Why are you guys trying to compare the Spurs to the Lakers? Are we trying to bash the Spurs here because they were one of the dominant teams the past decade and it somehow detracts from great Lakers teams?

What's your point? Pop won 4 titles in 8 years which is impressive and he is the best coach in the game. How is that over hyped?
    Because that's what people do. You reflect on eras and compare the best teams. Just like in the 80s when it was Celtics and Lakers. Why do I need to explain this to you? I don't even like the Lakers.

BigDofBA

Because that's what people do. You reflect on eras and compare the best teams. Just like in the 80s when it was Celtics and Lakers. Why do I need to explain this to you? I don't even like the Lakers.
    So arguably one of the best coaches of all-time (Jackson) and best players of all-time (Kobe) were slightly better from 1999-2010.

Lakers 5 championships
    Spurs 4 championships

I'm not saying the Spurs were better than the Lakers. So Laker fans can quit getting butt hurt.

All I'm saying is that the Spurs are not over hyped and neither is Popovich. The Lakers have Kobe and Shaq for three of those titles and Kobe and Gasol for two more.

The Lakers had more talent than the Spurs. With that said, of course the Spurs had talent. You don't win championships with scrubs.

Someone made the statement that Popovich was over hyped. I simply asked, how is he over hyped when you can't name any coaches that are better. Then this got all of track comparing the Spurs to the Lakers.

If he is over hyped, please tell me what coaches are better. No one has done that yet.

t-wizzle

So arguably one of the best coaches of all-time (Jackson) and best players of all-time (Kobe) were slightly better from 1999-2010.

Lakers 5 championships
    Spurs 4 championships

I'm not saying the Spurs were better than the Lakers. So Laker fans can quit getting butt hurt.

All I'm saying is that the Spurs are not over hyped and neither is Popovich. The Lakers have Kobe and Shaq for three of those titles and Kobe and Gasol for two more.

The Lakers had more talent than the Spurs. With that said, of course the Spurs had talent. You don't win championships with scrubs.

Someone made the statement that Popovich was over hyped. I simply asked, how is he over hyped when you can't name any coaches that are better. Then this got all of track comparing the Spurs to the Lakers.

If he is over hyped, please tell me what coaches are better. No one has done that yet.
    The only person that is butthurt right now is you judging by your reaction in this thread. Good night BigD I'm done here tonight. Argue with someone else.

BigDofBA

The only person that is butthurt right now is you judging by your reaction in this thread. Good night BigD I'm done here tonight. Argue with someone else.
    LOL. OK man. Wasn't arguing. Just asking a simple question that no one could seem to answer.

lakerboy

LOL. OK man. Wasn't arguing. Just asking a simple question that no one could seem to answer.

every coach who beat him the last years in the playoffs.

so that would be 08/09/10/11/12/13 after they lose this year. guy is an arrogant pos.

BigDofBA

every coach who beat him the last years in the playoffs.

so that would be 08/09/10/11/12/13 after they lose this year. guy is an arrogant pos.
    He is very arrogant. He treated the OKC media like shit.

With that said, so is Kobe yet I give Kobe props all the time for being one of the greatest ever.

I disagree that every coach that beat him in the playoffs is a better coach. Pop has four rings. The only coach he lost to that was better was Phil Jackson. You know this too.

Scott Brooks and Lionel Hollins aren't better coaches. You obviously hate the Spurs so we can just stop the discussion. I get it.

lakerboy

He is very arrogant. He treated the OKC media like shit.

With that said, so is Kobe yet I give Kobe props all the time for being one of the greatest ever.

I disagree that every coach that beat him in the playoffs is a better coach. Pop has four rings. The only coach he lost to that was better was Phil Jackson. You know this too.

Scott Brooks and Lionel Hollins aren't better coaches. You obviously hate the Spurs so we can just stop the discussion. I get it.
    no i hate pops. hard to hate the spurs. the team is very pro style. hollins is a very good caoch.

BigDofBA

no i hate pops. hard to hate the spurs. the team is very pro style. hollins is a very good caoch.
    Well that makes more sense.

You hate Pops because he is an arrogant prick. Even I agree with that.

t-wizzle

I am prepared to chalk this up as a loss tomorrow night. Not giving up on this play but I like Spurs to close it out in Game 6. Just my opinion.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I am prepared to chalk this up as a loss tomorrow night. Not giving up on this play but I like Spurs to close it out in Game 6. Just my opinion.
    I've said that quite a bit on here but doesn't this series remind you of Sixers/Celtics last year (think you're a Sixers fan)? First 5 games have played out eerily similar. I think Warriors have the heart to push it to 7 like the Sixers did, and the old Spurs have been playing every 2 days for nearly 2 weeks now.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I've said that quite a bit on here but doesn't this series remind you of Sixers/Celtics last year (think you're a Sixers fan)? First 5 games have played out eerily similar. I think Warriors have the heart to push it to 7 like the Sixers did, and the old Spurs have been playing every 2 days for nearly 2 weeks now.
    That's a good call. And I lost when I took Boston in Game 6 there. You raise a good comparison but I still think Spurs finish the deal tomorrow night. They've figured this team out and the Warriors have been exploited.

t-wizzle

Warriors put up a hell of a fight. Valiant effort but Spurs turned the tide in Game 3 and were the better team from that point on.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Mush

BigDofBA

Warriors will be a threat in the future because they are talented. Hopefully Jackson screws it up for the Thunder's sake.

Oh yeah, I told you that the Spurs would win the series at -850.

I should go tout ala SweetJones.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Wowsers

First 1234