frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

GSW in 6 +1400 GSW in 7 +1800 the likely scenario that will have to happen for them to beat the Spurs. This tells you that Vegas knows they have no chance to beat the Spurs.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Can't wait to see this series price. If Warriors are under +200 then hammer away
    Considering you thought they might be under +200 for the series and they are +500, I would lay off of this. Maybe if they were closer to +300 but not +500.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This chokejob pretty much kills any chances of this bet hitting. Still a long, long way to go but would have to think the series heads to Golden State with them down 0-2 now.

BigDofBA

Brutal beat. Golden State should have won that game but the experienced team and coach made the plays...and got the calls.

I don't see how the Warriors can recover from this to win game 2.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Brutal beat. Golden State should have won that game but the experienced team and coach made the plays...and got the calls.

I don't see how the Warriors can recover from this to win game 2.
    Yea Spurs likely win and cover Game 2. I'd love Warriors chances if it were 1-1 heading home but not so much now. We'll see how it plays out though not giving up on this one despite this devastating loss.

BigDofBA

Yea Spurs likely win and cover Game 2. I'd love Warriors chances if it were 1-1 heading home but not so much now. We'll see how it plays out though not giving up on this one despite this devastating loss.
    Yeah, if Golden State was up 1-0, the Spurs would have all the pressure in the world on them in game 2 and the Warriors would have a great chance in that one too.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

If this team wasn't so young and led by mark jackson they'd have a chance being down 0-1 even after this brutal beat.

but i guess they are done now.

t-wizzle

Yeah, if Golden State was up 1-0, the Spurs would have all the pressure in the world on them in game 2 and the Warriors would have a great chance in that one too.
    I think Spurs would have won Game 2 regardless but it would have been tough for San Antonio going into Oakland tied 1-1.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    If this team wasn't so young and led by mark jackson they'd have a chance being down 0-1 even after this brutal beat.

but i guess they are done now.
    Agree.

But to Jackson's credit, it seems like he realized he sucks at coaching so he has become an inspirational speaker and cheerleader for the team.

t-wizzle

My issue with Jackson is that he didn't adjust to Leonard being put on Curry. They hardly ever set a screen for him once Leonard was on him but more importantly the ball should have been in Jarrett Jack's hands. Sure, Steph was great but Leonard had him on lockdown and Jack has proven to be a clutch player all year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors shit all over themselves with 4 minutes to play. Played bad defense and Curry did not do anything to close the game out

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

This chokejob pretty much kills any chances of this bet hitting. Still a long, long way to go but would have to think the series heads to Golden State with them down 0-2 now.
    Yeah double overtime loss after blowing a 16 point lead is probably going to hurt their confidence. But I have to admit I didn't give GS enough respect, if GS can bounce back from this letdown they could make the series interesting. Still don't think they can win but they can make it interesting..if they bounce back. Wish I would have given GS more respect and avoided the Spurs -9 today

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

GS lost game 1 to a last second shot in Denver as well (albeit not after such a huge 4th qtr collapse and spurs and better than denver)... I think they can hang tough. I'm gutted at losing my game 1 ml bet but the only good thing about losing it is they are a play for game 2 now, whereas i would've passed on game 2 had they hung on.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

All I know is your Heat/Thunder rematch is virtually impossible thread is looking good right now.
    what a fukkin joke. Guy also made a thread saying he would leave if the Packers made the playoffs.

he also said Lakers win atleast 2 rounds in NBA playoffs

even a broke clock is right twice a day right?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I like GS and their team a lot.

A 7-game series of Jackson vs. Pops, though? I don't want any part of that.
    Fvcking idiot. Exposed and owned in Game 1, as expected.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Agree.

But to Jackson's credit, it seems like he realized he sucks at coaching so he has become an inspirational speaker and cheerleader for the team.
    That may work for the majority of the game, but when it comes down to closing/crunch time, you have to actually coach. We all saw what happened when that became a reality for GS and Jacko.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    That may work for the majority of the game, but when it comes down to closing/crunch time, you have to actually coach. We all saw what happened when that became a reality for GS and Jacko.
    That's the whole reason I made a thread about this series asking if people really thought the Warriors would win.

It's not a talent thing, it's a coaching and experience thing. The Warriors played great bball for 44 minutes, shot 57%, Curry had 44 points and 11 assists, the Spurs were shooting 37%, and Golden State still lost the game.

If the Warriors can't win when everything is going their way and they're up 16 with four minutes to go, they can't win the series. The Spurs never panicked and you could literally sense it was only a matter of time before the Spurs caught up.

When the game went to overtime did anyone really think the Warriors would still win? It was pretty much a lock the Spurs would make what plays they needed to to win.

Still, the +700 bet really wasn't that bad considering the talent the Warriors have and they should have won that game.

Seto

Still +775 now. Odds have hardly changed. Largely because Warriors have clearly gained a lot of respect from their game 1 performance, only 7.5 point dogs in game 2.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It was funny to listen to Jackson's post game interview when he said they weren't the first team to blow a lead like that and wouldn't be the last. I saw an interesting stat about that today though, in NBA playoff history a team up 16+ points with 4 minutes or less left to play were a perfect 392-0. 392-0!

Make that 392-1 now.

BigDofBA

The Warriors are starting to remind me of OKC a few years ago.

They're too young and dumb to harp on game 1 and realize they should be down in game 2. Through 1.5 games, they been far and away the better team fro 90% of the time.

I might have to eat crow after this series is over.

underal
    underal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14653

The Warriors are starting to remind me of OKC a few years ago.

They're too young and dumb to harp on game 1 and realize they should be down in game 2. Through 1.5 games, they been far and away the better team fro 90% of the time.

I might have to eat crow after this series is over.
    i see some opportunities coming. spurs were way overated coming into this. the sweep of the lakers was meaningless. now if warriors win and have to face grizzlies (sorry big d) then it will be time to get off their bandwagon.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If Warriors tie this up 1-1. I'm going to have to put at least $50 on Warriors series. If they win today, I'd say they have a 50-50 shot at winning this series.

GS actually looks more comfortable playing against SA than Denver.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Both teams gotta be thinking that this is their series if they can only play 4 qtrs

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

No matter what this all looks like, with the Warriors huge choke/Spurs great comeback, don't get it twisted. The bottom line right now is this: The Spurs are NOT a lock to win this series. The Spurs are very vulnerable.

On the other hand, the Bulls... they were exposed tonight. There is no hope, sadly.

t-wizzle

Series should really be 2-0. Split is good though heading back to Oakland.

BigDofBA

Series should really be 2-0. Split is good though heading back to Oakland.
    Yeah, it really should be.

It's going to be tough for the Spurs to win one of the next two but they've been there before. Fun series.

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs missed about 10 wide open from deep. they hit a few of those and its a totally different story. gs played ok but i think spurs outscore them enough down the stretch to win 3 more games

t-wizzle

Yeah, it really should be.

It's going to be tough for the Spurs to win one of the next two but they've been there before. Fun series.
    Hard time seeing them down 3-1 but would not surprise me if Warriors won both at home.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Still +775 now. Odds have hardly changed. Largely because Warriors have clearly gained a lot of respect from their game 1 performance, only 7.5 point dogs in game 2.

Got it at +1000 on a british book. Not saying it will cash but I got a steal and I'm very happy with myself. Also have 4-2 W's at +2200

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have a spurs future and im not liking how the nba set up this series. spurs never get a 2 day break, which is not good for an older team

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by StateChamp View Post
    spurs missed about 10 wide open from deep. they hit a few of those and its a totally different story. gs played ok but i think spurs outscore them enough down the stretch to win 3 more games
    Plus the Warriors shot 50% from down town.

t-wizzle

3 game series now. Spurs blew a chance to have a stranglehold on the series today.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Not yet bro. But I know you want those old fukks out of the playoffs just as badly as I do even though you don't have any $ on the series price.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Not yet bro. But I know you want those old fukks out of the playoffs just as badly as I do even though you don't have any $ on the series price.

i just cant stand pops. guy is so overhyped. do people realize this guy has not won a title in 7 years?

First 1234 Last