dopeismarcus
    dopeismarcus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

beginners luck (any tips)

im just testing the water out before i start betting big

5/1/13 9:50am $25.00 $61.57 $42.86 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Cancelled 5/1/13 12:40pm MLB Baseball 901 New York Mets -1 +102* vs Miami Marlins (D Gee - R must Start W LeBlanc - L must Start)
    Win 5/1/13 3:35pm MLB Baseball 917 Los Angeles Angels/Oakland Athletics Over 7½ -140* (C Wilson - L must Start T Milone - L must Start)

turned into a straight bet win ^^

5/2/13 1:16pm $34.87 $34.19 $69.06 Win 5/2/13 3:00pm Reduced Basketball 539 Brooklyn Nets +1 -102* vs Chicago Bulls

5/2/13 7:42am $50.00 $109.38 $159.38 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 5/2/13 8:05pm NBA Basketball 539 Brooklyn Nets/Chicago Bulls Over 177 -240*
    Win 5/2/13 7:05pm MLB Baseball 961 Boston Red Sox -1½ +125* vs Toronto Blue Jays (R Dempster - R must Start J Happ - L must Start)

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

I have a tip. Run.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dopeismarcus, and ZP3

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tip #1... Don't bet on games just because games are being played. Quickest way to lose your bankroll. Actually know the teams you're backing.

dopeismarcus

Quote Originally Posted by Crate Mayne View Post
    Tip #1... Don't bet on games just because games are being played. Quickest way to lose your bankroll. Actually know the teams you're backing.
    i hear you. i feel in love with the nets +1 when i heard of all the bulls injuries but i didnt know how bad deron williams fell off and how the nets are just a terrible team in general.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

don't go nuts with the parlays.. they are almost always a sucker bet and will put you on unnecessary tilt. Picking 1 winner is hard enough most of the time, let alone trying to pick 3 or more and they all have to win

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dopeismarcus View Post
    i hear you. i feel in love with the nets +1 when i heard of all the bulls injuries but i didnt know how bad deron williams fell off and how the nets are just a terrible team in general.
    I hear ya, I won big with Nets tonight too. Don't see why anyone backed Bulls knowing half their team is injured/sick

dopeismarcus

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    don't go nuts with the parlays.. they are almost always a sucker bet and will put you on unnecessary tilt. Picking 1 winner is hard enough most of the time, let alone trying to pick 3 or more and they all have to win
    yea i only do 2 team parlays max when im absolutely confident my pick is a winner. of course theres no guarantees tho. thanks for the tip

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

1.) pick certain teams to bet on and only bet on that team, and only in the right matchups.
    2.) only bet on excellent teams like Duke Basketball, Alabama football, etc.
    3.) College sports are a better bet than pro's IMO.
    4.) Great coaching beats great talent when it comes down to it.
    5.) Don't ever count on a team to cover the spread. Athletes do not give a damn about covering the spread.
    6.) Remember that while you are betting on athletes to win a game, those athletes are just doing their job out there and don't always care about winning and a good bit of them could honestly care less at all. They made it to the show so who cares, is their viewpoint. Example: Alex Rodriguez makes almost $241,000.00 every single game. Whether he hits 3 home runs that game or strikes out looking every at bat, he still makes almost a quarter of a million a game not matter what. If you lose a bet on the Yankees because he choked, he could care less.
    7.) Don't bet the NBA, brothas are the hardwood the absolute worst athletes to count on. College is different because at the school's where the athletes stay there (i.e.: not Kentucky), the coach still has control over these clowns. Guy's like Tom Izzo and Coach K can still give these brothas instructions.
    8.) Hope you are friends with a pro athlete so he can maybe throw you a bone every now and then. Like if you're boy's with Bryce Harper maybe he won't hit a HR that night so you can win your prop bet on him.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

1) Pick the highest amount you would be able to lose seven times in a week and be able to continue your life without any changes.

2) Bet that amount every game you decide to bet on. No exceptions.

3) Go with your gut when it agrees with logic and reason. Never your ego, nor the greed that comes with it. They can often seem like the same thing, but when you learn to seperate the two you will be able to be happy with your bets.

4) Discipline. Don't chase a bad bet. You will do it. Don't do it after that. If you feel you have an edge, make the bet. If you want to recover your losses from the previous bet with ideology that you're 50/50 to make it back, kick yourself. Learn to spot the difference between the two.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I dont know shit about NBA and didnt watch a game all year. I watch one playoff game and am making a mint now. Especially if warriors get this one

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

**i sit back and watch a few games before betting then pick them off all playoffs long. The team to get on is memphis especially against spurs and in the finals vs miami. March madness is always a money maker for this as well

dopeismarcus

thanks alot guys..

also which is the best site to get the latest in injury updates and roster moves? im using this free trial of sportsoptions pro which is nice but no way im paying $300 a month for it.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

don't bet baseball

dopeismarcus

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    don't bet baseball
    lol whats wrong with baseball? i think im going to start betting on series wins.