tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've had this game circled since Sunday night. Love the Warriors here. This is setting up just like 2007, Dallas versus Golden State.
    Why the strange line? I need your 3rd level thinking here.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Nothing strange with the line.

Warriors were underdogs in game 3 and 4 at home. They were 7.5 points underdog at denver.

Considering the previous lines, PK is the correct line as this is a must win game for denver.

The line is right..and the value is on warriors.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Nothing strange with the line.

Warriors were underdogs in game 3 and 4 at home. They were 7.5 points underdog at denver.

Considering the previous lines, PK is the correct line as this is a must win game for denver.

The line is right..and the value is on warriors.
    So no adjustment made for the utter domination the Dubs have shown at home? You know they are the better team, I know they are better, Vegas should know they have a significant edge. But the line is set such that the Dubs will be a heavy public play. No?

amrit
    amrit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1613

^^ yeah vyom, 90%+ of the public is on GSW right now.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It's not strange, books just don't usually move much from their pre-series prediction.

Example: Warriors 2007, Pistons versus Lakers 2004, and many others that my brain is having trouble recalling right now.

vyomguy

So no adjustment made for the utter domination the Dubs have shown at home? You know they are the better team, I know they are better, Vegas should know they have a significant edge. But the line is set such that the Dubs will be a heavy public play. No?
    Warriors are without david lee. Warriors are not the better team. But they are better coached team.

Talent wise, denver is better as they have ton of depth. Not to mention elimination game for denver.

I have stopped looking at public percentages long time back. Doesn't mean anything. Books don't get all the games right. They lose ton of games as well. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you will be a better gambler.

Forget the public %s and handicap the game yourself. PK is the right line here. I was expecting warriors to be a slight underdog here honestly. Line is pretty accurate in my mind.

Warriors should not be -3 here...no way.

And the series is not going back to denver. Anybody who actually thinks the series will go back to denver, doesn't know NBA or don't have a feel for the playoffs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

tatddy

Warriors are without david lee. Warriors are not the better team. But they are better coached team.

Talent wise, denver is better as they have ton of depth. Not to mention elimination game for denver.

I have stopped looking at public percentages long time back. Doesn't mean anything. Books don't get all the games right. They lose ton of games as well. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you will be a better gambler.

Forget the public %s and handicap the game yourself. PK is the right line here. I was expecting warriors to be a slight underdog here honestly. Line is pretty accurate in my mind.

And the series is not going back to denver. Anybody who actually thinks the series will go back to denver, doesn't know NBA or don't have a feel for the NBA playoffs.
    Thanks for the post. Series has gone exactly as I expected so far and I could care less about public percentages...haven't even looked. Just assumed the line at pk would get hit heavily for the home team here.

I'm on series price heavy so I don't really care to play this game.

And Denver is not the better team in its current state....even without lee. Nobody cares who is more talented.

vyomguy

And Denver is not the better team in its current state....even without lee. Nobody cares who is more talented.
    Books don't change their stand drastically in a series. They opened denver as -1000 favorites. Obviously, they are not going to make them underdogs in the elimination game. Think about it. Books will look like fools if they made denver underdogs here. That's basically folding their hands.

amrit

Vyom...you seem extremely confident on this play...how much are you betting on it.

tatddy

Books don't change their stand drastically in a series. They opened denver as -1000 favorites. Obviously, they are not going to make them underdogs in the elimination game. Think about it. Books will look like fools if they made denver underdogs here. That's basically folding their hands.
    No argument there. But their lines are also set/moved to balance action. They were getting a ton of play on Denver futures prior to this series.

In any event go dubs. I can't see any way they lose here if the game is played straight up.

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

this is game 7 for golden state.

vyomguy

Quote Originally Posted by amrit View Post
    Vyom...you seem extremely confident on this play...how much are you betting on it.
    I bet the same amount on every pick I post here.

Bankroll management is the most important thing in gambling.

tylerjz24
    tylerjz24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Dub's let's seal this series

amrit

^^ I agree about the bankroll management thing, but sometimes you gotta pick your spots to go big as well, just wondering if you thought this was one of those times.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Thanks for the post. Series has gone exactly as I expected so far and I could care less about public percentages...haven't even looked. Just assumed the line at pk would get hit heavily for the home team here.

I'm on series price heavy so I don't really care to play this game.

Again Vegas is gambling with Denver because they're trying to bury the public this game. I'm guessing it's a risk vs reward strategy. Vegas knows the public has been on over Goldenstate since game 2 with Steph Curry phenomenal shooting making headlines everywhere but they're are still not making a line where you would feel comfortable even taking Denver. Many locals are being rocked right during GSW playoff run. Game 5 was the 1st time since game 1 that George Karl went with the same lineup that got him the 57 wins. I was really expecting the Warriors to be a -3.5 point or higher just to get balance action on Denver, I mean that's the whole point of oddsmakers right? Get balance action to win juice.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

I love it putting 50k on the Moneyline . B.o.l everyone

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

^yes it's true, denver was -970 to win the series, -1000 at some books

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Quote Originally Posted by Aye J Mac View Post
    I love it putting 50k on the Moneyline . B.o.l everyone

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Denver getting anything here is a gift

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uh oh.. Line just moved to GS -1.
    I don't like that one bit.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

so if denver wins than what will everyones excuse be? the refs? what will it be? nothing is a lock come playoff time especially in the rigged NBA

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Why the penetrate would i pay the price to get the money line when I can take -1 and get my money BACK if it hits at -1. Its the same bet but you turn yourself into the chump taking the moneyline. I'm not scared of any spread let alone -1

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

I'm not going to be trapped by books again ( like game 4 ).. Warriors or NO PLAY here.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

the nuggets play wilson chandler at the four. g state isn't big themselves but they are better than denver and on fire right now. they will cash

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

And the series is not going back to denver. Anybody who actually thinks the series will go back to denver, doesn't know NBA or don't have a feel for the playoffs.
    what happens if the nuggets force a game 7? you delete this post or let it ride?

vancityswag
    vancityswag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

i have a gsw series bet 125 to win 480 and 125 to win 165 for a combined 250 to win 645. what should i do for the den/gs game? 645 on denver? if gsw wins i lose nothing but if denver wins, i win 645 with the possibilty of winning the series bet in game 7? or just go small to hedge out the original risk of 250

LRKontroll
    LRKontroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA is showcasing all around the social media the TOP 10 Stephen Curry plays...

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Fading this stupid shit.. Denver is the better team..

vancityswag
    vancityswag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

i have a gsw series bet 125 to win 480 and 125 to win 165 for a combined 250 to win 645. what should i do for the den/gs game? 645 on denver? if gsw wins i lose nothing but if denver wins, i win 645 with the possibilty of winning the series bet in game 7? or just go small to hedge out the original risk of 250

Raffaele
    Raffaele's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors in 7

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by vancityswag View Post
    Not to mention the opportunity to win both bets with a GS win by 1 or push at 2. Betting a smaller number like 250-300 while buying a half point to 2.5 seems like a smart play.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

so many people on GSW. Making me nervous.....

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Never liked whiners in bb. And the GSW are whiners right now. Can't take a little physicality in the game.

amrit

Line is now at -2, is this a good or bad thing?

First 12345 ... Last