SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I do not think the Nets can lose tonight.

They are at home, backs against the wall, and Kirk Hinrich is out.

If you don't think Kirk being out is going to effect them that much, you must not be watching the series. The two games that Chicago controlled, games 2 and 3, Kirk locked down Williams on defense. Kirk wasn't guarding him the first game, and he went off. I think he will do it here again tonight.

Thoughts ?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

After that demoralizing defeat, I cannot back the nets. But without Hinrich, no chance I am taking the Bulls either. Definitely wouldn't touch this game.

vinhmen
    vinhmen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4750

Nets -6 is the play here. Would NOT be a shock if Nets stunk (after all they are consistently mediocre) but home crowd, something to prove and most of all Hinrich absence should matter. Not to mention depleted Bulls bench playing heavy minutes on one day rest. Noah almost played 40 mins, his foot has got to be killing him.

vinhmen
    vinhmen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4750

Public agrees, -6.5 now ...

Finance
    Finance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

The play I have in is CHI, plus the points. Both sides of the debate are compelling. Best of luck to everybody with money on this.

andyrocha90
    andyrocha90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

I thought Nets would win this series. Game 1 backed my prediction pretty well. And Game 2 also was backing it but then an epic choke by Nets showed that Bulls were not going away easy. I think we will see a great start by Nets again, similar to game 1 & game 2, and then 2nd half will be about whos more hungry, Bulls will most likely cover spread. I think safest bet is Nets -2 for 1st quarter and go from there

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Thibs is going to have to seriously outcoach PJ. Come to think if it, in that case, maybe Bulls is the play. Maybe Nate scores 40 tonight.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I want to pound the Nets, but now -260 is pretty steep. I mean, from Chicago's point of view, this is not a must win for them. In fact, a loss here might not be the worst thing for them, still up 3-2 with 2 days off and then game 6 back at home. They obviously do not want to let Brooklyn win 2 straight then have to play a road game 7, so their thinking is just win 1 of the next 2 games.

A loss tonight and you could argue they are in even better position to close it out in game 6 at home

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Nets are good but Game 4 there was a mention of locker room problems. Locker room problems = losses

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I want to pound the Nets, but now -260 is pretty steep. I mean, from Chicago's point of view, this is not a must win for them. In fact, a loss here might not be the worst thing for them, still up 3-2 with 2 days off and then game 6 back at home. They obviously do not want to let Brooklyn win 2 straight then have to play a road game 7, so their thinking is just win 1 of the next 2 games.

A loss tonight and you could argue they are in even better position to close it out in game 6 at home
    Definitely a possibility, going to be interesting to see how it plays out. If the Bulls get down early, probably best to just throw the game away and rest up for game 6. But if its close in the 4th, its worth it to try and close it out tonight. That's why I feel like this game is virtually uncappable.

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm huge on nets ML.......good luck