wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Lakers really know how to make an exit

Completely non competitive the whole series. Tell me again why they wanted to make the play offs? What was the revenue for the two games they had? If this is what this team is going to be without Kobe LOL.

But Howard will be gone, which is probably a good thing if youre an actual LAKER fan.

But this is just a glimpse of things to come when you see a team that is so intertwined with a single player like the Lakers are with Kobe.

I said it before, Lakers post Kobe will be like 76ers post Iverson.

Best thing Lakers could d is try and find an ot in Kobe's deal and just get rid of him and start the rebuilding sooner rather than later.

I thought this team might pull together to try ad prove they are more than just the Kobe Bryants but they showed exactly what they are, a lottery team that backed into the playoffs because Jazz collapsed late.

I dont give a shit that they won their last few games, those games were against teams that had quit and were just going through the motions.

I had to come of self imposed exile to comment on these stiffs. Seriously when they fdont win it all they flame out in their close out game in spectacular fashion.

Go look at every elimination game they have had that they lost, at least 20 point blow outs, today was just another in that stellar resume'. They got beat by 20 but Spurs could have won by 50 had the wanted to.

But like I said without Kobe Stern didnt even pretend to try and give Lakers a shot. Lakers were taking 30 and 40 free throws, this series they took 12 today 13 the other night, 25 and 24, for a grand total of 73, that is less than half their season average and about a third of what they took per game as they were carried into the play offs by the refs.

So congrats, Lakers made the play offs, but like I said back in October, IF they make the play offs (and they did) they would be a first round sweep for whomever they played, and they were.

They lost the last 4 games by a combined 65 points.

But the tragedy is that even with this embarrassing showing Lakers, Kobe, and Howard will be the number one story going forward.
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave wantitall4moi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gus Fring gave wantitall4moi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 7 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkhat, Gus Fring, Ratzz, BayArea888, YouHave2outs, Menses, and Frank-King

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Lakerboy

he chased all the way.

220x

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

wants right when the lakers go out of the playoffs its in blowout fashion, never a tight loss.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

experiments didnt work it would have been a different story if kobe would be playing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: boroks

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

darkhat giving out those pts lol

wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Their starting line up played 7 total games together in the regular season.
    At least one player was injured for almost every game in the season and not small injuries either. We're talking about a broken leg, torn labrum, etc.
    They spent the entire season putting it all on Kobe, but he wasn't able to play in the playoffs.
    They were so banged up, they played a d-league backcourt for games 3 and 4.

No shit they lose by a lot to a team that is clearly one of the best in the league. With the shit that has happened to them this year, they didn't even belong in the playoffs. For them to go 27-8 or whatever it was in the second half of the season to make the playoffs is a pretty incredible feat when you consider it.

Good job with your prediction that they would be a first round sweep in October I guess? Did you also predict they'd have these types of injuries?

Yes, most Lakers fans are snobby assholes, but don't let that cloud your judgment. Any team would be completely decimated if they experienced the injuries that the Lakers did. Let me know when you find a team on the contrary please.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a waste of a playoff spot... fuggin Laker fans...*

Utah would have been MUCH more interesting...

this team is done for half a decade... Thank God they will be in LAST PLACE the entire of next season

ass-wipes. Stern played this wrong, there was never.. NEVER any chance they could advance to the 2nd Round

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Auto fade spurs.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

The worst thing to come out of all of this is now teams all teams will follow the MIA model of getting friends to sign together to form "Big 3s.".

The competitive balance of the league is extinct.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Gonna be tough with new CBA and luxury tax penalties

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

but like I said back in October, IF they make the play offs (and they did) they would be a first round sweep for whomever they played, and they were
    Not even close if Kobe played. Good post otherwise

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

didnt matter who played the spurs... they are ballin right now...

wanti, what was worse... the lakers effort in the playoffs, or your effort to convince the world that lines dont matter? if you need help, ill be glad to assist you with the correct answer

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Guys in here acting like they were any good even with kobe they would've lost in 5(maybe) instead of 4, so what. This teams just not good. After kobe there's just nothing there, pau gasol with his usual postseason choke job.

And wanti, "self imposed exile"HAH

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

When they had Kobe they were 1 game from missing the playoffs

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I just said it wouldn't have been a sweep....that's it. He's sayin he's some fortune teller that KNEW a sweep would happen.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    When they had Kobe they were 1 game from missing the playoffs
    Westbrook

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Uhhhh

Steve nash

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Westbrook
    LOL. OKC was better than LA last year, this year, and will be for the next decade.

OKC will be in the second round without Westbrook. Where will LA be?

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    LOL. OKC was better than LA last year, this year, and will be for the next decade.

OKC will be in the second round without Westbrook. Where will LA be?
    "second round", "better than LA last year"............too funny. Maybe OKC should put that shit on banners and hang them in their arena. Lakers are about titles sport. No title equals failed season. I wouldn't expect you to understand as you've got to learn to walk before you can run.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Gonna be tough with new CBA and luxury tax penalties
    The Big 3 in MIA took pay cuts. Not hard to believe other Big 3s of the future will do the same.

The Kraken

That's true. That's what it would take. I think some would, OKC guys for example, while others won't, Carmelo, Kobe, DH etc... Just

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    The Big 3 in MIA took pay cuts. Not hard to believe other Big 3s of the future will do the same.
    i find it not as likely as u think
    there arent even that many superstars in the nba
    and how many superstars have taken paycuts?
    it happend in miami cuz they were friends

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Name:  bc.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  38.7 KB

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    "second round", "better than LA last year"............too funny. Maybe OKC should put that shit on banners and hang them in their arena. Lakers are about titles sport. No title equals failed season. I wouldn't expect you to understand as you've got to learn to walk before you can run.
    In all fairness, OKC has had a pro team all of 4 or 5 years. Lets give it time. Already been to one finals and doing it on the 15th biggest market in the league while LA is #1=$$$$$$$.

I think most of the ribbing comes from the consistently high standards placed on LA and nothing wrong with that. When you're an elite organization, you've gotta perform.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i find it not as likely as u think
    there arent even that many superstars in the nba
    and how many superstars have taken paycuts?
    it happend in miami cuz they were friends
    It only needs to happen a few more times for it to ruin an already pretty useless league.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    It only needs to happen a few more times for it to ruin an already pretty useless league.
    i dont see it happening, esp in the current day and age of the cap
    look at okc, 3 great friends, but money was the ultimate reason it didnt happen
    u also have to look at timing, all 3 signed deals on separate years

boroks
    boroks's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Kobe was there, that could have been an exciting game!

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

So let me get this strait:

1) Lakers backed into the playoffs:

Lakers went 28-12 (L40) & 7-1 (L8).........That's backing in??

2) Jazz collapsed late:

Jazz went 9-3 (L12)

3) But like I said without Kobe Stern didn't even pretend to try to give Lakers a shot:

So, Stern only gives Lakers a chance if Kobe plays

4) Lakers were taking 30 and 40 free throws, they took 12 today:

So, you really expect Chris Duhon, Andrew Goudelock & Darius Morris, a 3-guard line-UP, to get to the line @ the same rate as Kobe Bryant & Dwight Howard?? Do you really understand this little about how basketball is played??

5) IF they make the play offs (and they did) they would be a first round sweep for whomever they played:

First of all.....you went on record multiple times giving the Lakers literally a ZERO % chance of making the playoffs. When people debated you claiming they @ least had a small chance you stood firm @ ZERO % You failed miserably with this prediction & once again underestimated Kobe's will.
    Second of all.....you r thumping your chest over a sweep as if you were Nostradamus eventhough the Lakers were rolling out a line-UP of D. Morris, A. Goudelock, C. Duhon, E. Clark & P. Gasol
    There was no K. Bryant, D. Howard, S. Nash, M. World Peace, S. Blake & Gasol isn't even 100%

Conclusion: The Lakers proved you wrong, just as they did last yr & made the playoffs eventhough you gave them a ZERO % chance of doing so. Naturally, you r forced to go to the refs cheated angle. Maybe you should have factored in that angle when you gave them a ZERO % chance?? Just like last yr when you started a "Lakers r a lottery team" thread & then after they earned a #3 seed you used the "yea but they didn't cover enough" angle

When the Lakers win it's because they cheated......
    When the Lakers lose it's because they suck......
    Gotcha
    Points Awarded:

wguan2 gave upscope 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wguan2

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    So let me get this strait:

1) Lakers backed into the playoffs:

Lakers went 28-12 (L40) & 7-1 (L8).........That's backing in??

2) Jazz collapsed late:

Jazz went 9-3 (L12)

3) But like I said without Kobe Stern didn't even pretend to try to give Lakers a shot:

So, Stern only gives Lakers a chance if Kobe plays

4) Lakers were taking 30 and 40 free throws, they took 12 today:

So, you really expect Chris Duhon, Andrew Goudelock & Darius Morris, a 3-guard line-UP, to get to the line @ the same rate as Kobe Bryant & Dwight Howard?? Do you really understand this little about how basketball is played??

5) IF they make the play offs (and they did) they would be a first round sweep for whomever they played:

First of all.....you went on record multiple times giving the Lakers literally a ZERO % chance of making the playoffs. When people debated you claiming they @ least had a small chance you stood firm @ ZERO % You failed miserably with this prediction & once again underestimated Kobe's will.
    Second of all.....you r thumping your chest over a sweep as if you were Nostradamus eventhough the Lakers were rolling out a line-UP of D. Morris, A. Goudelock, C. Duhon, E. Clark & P. Gasol
    There was no K. Bryant, D. Howard, S. Nash, M. World Peace, S. Blake & Gasol isn't even 100%

Conclusion: The Lakers proved you wrong, just as they did last yr & made the playoffs eventhough you gave them a ZERO % chance of doing so. Naturally, you r forced to go to the refs cheated angle. Maybe you should have factored in that angle when you gave them a ZERO % chance?? Just like last yr when you started a "Lakers r a lottery team" thread & then after they earned a #3 seed you used the "yea but they didn't cover enough" angle

When the Lakers win it's because they cheated......
    When the Lakers lose it's because they suck......
    Gotcha
    wanti getting owned as per usual

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

You would imagine someone who incorrectly predicted a team to not make the playoffs wouldn't then boast that they didn't do well in the playoffs.

You need to learn when to shut the fukk up, pal.

God bless.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Soooo......how is this going to make me money?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i thought this guy was posting on some forum no one has heard of on the same name for the past month while claiming a leave of absence from sbr?