bigbuckthedon
    bigbuckthedon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

what is the play on lakers/spurs?

Am I the only one iffy on the 11 point spread for spurs?

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

From what I can tell, a lot of people are iffy on the 11 points. But realistically... aren't the Lakers actually in worse shape than they were in the last game when they lost by like 85 points?

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9647

im a laker fan, but sas will run antoher lay up drill on them. I can see howard being pretty pissed at the refs from last game and lack of calls for lakers. So he will be a sore loser and get in foul trouble early. Leaving gasol, clark, and luck to get offense for lakers. Easy cover by SAS.

andyrocha90
    andyrocha90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

this is the kind of game that you stay away from, and then see the score at halftime and be like "f**k I should have taken the spurs and the 11 points"

bigbuckthedon
    bigbuckthedon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

penetrate it. i took spurs -11.

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9647

Ml 1st qrt? Easy money

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Or just eat the juice and take Spurs ML. People hate too much on Juice and say there is no value. Well you know what you can do? If a team is a -700 favorite and you plan on taking the Spurs for say $70 and you think the line is "iffy", invest your 70 in the ML and be happy with a potential ten dollar profit. People forget about percentages. Just look at every game as an "investment". For a stock market investor at least a 10% return on an investment year-over-year is something to hope and pray for, and failing that at least beating the S&P 500 index's return. Well on this Spurs "Investment" that only exist for 2-3 hours, if you make $10 off your $70 then you have your desired 10% and you didn't have to wait through a year of hoping like you would those shares of stock you just bought.

Should the Spurs logically win by DD tonight? Most likely. Are people bitching on another post on this forum about how the Heat aren't covering the number, where a dominant Heat team playing a not terrible Bucks team is comparative to this nasty Spurs team playing the busted old Lakers squad? Yes, they are bitching about the Heat not "caring" to cover.

Newsflash: Athletes who make millions of dollars a year have very, very miniscule incentive to cover a spread unless they have money on the game themselves in which case you would need some team collusion going on. PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS DO NOT GIVE A F.U.C.K. ABOUT THE SPREAD.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

I don't like the +11 either. I do think the Spurs pull out the sweep but I think the loss of Splitter will give D'antoni no choice but to do what they should of been doing all series and use Gasol in the post more instead of only relying on the high/low game with him at the elbow that the Spurs have been prepared for. I think Gasol and Howard finally dominate down low, but execution wins out in the end for the Spurs.

Also look for the lakers to put Parker on his ass a few times this game....TP doesn't like being roughed around and easily gets out of rhythm, he much prefers to be the one creating contact and not the other way around.

Just one mans opinion. Spurs by 6-8 in a lower scoring affair. 2 playoff games I hate picking...close out games and game 3's when home court changes.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13329

game is too hard to cap. Injuries on both sides

mikefromsd
    mikefromsd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

The Lakers are quitters. How many times have they been totally blown out in elimination games recently?
    There was the 131-92 loss in the 2008 finals to Boston. There was also the 122-86 blowout by the Mav's in the 2011 playoffs.

Both were elimination games. I have no problem laying the 11.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Quote Originally Posted by mikefromsd View Post
    The Lakers are quitters. How many times have they been totally blown out in elimination games recently?
    There was the 131-92 loss in the 2008 finals to Boston. There was also the 122-86 blowout by the Mav's in the 2011 playoffs.

Both were elimination games. I have no problem laying the 11.
    thats a good point. it just seems the books should be giving LAL a few more points here to help with even action, but i guess Lakers fans are a little more loyal than most and the books realize that.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13329

I just took Spurs -6.5 cant risk the back door ref shit